Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which song should be the Pats official TD Song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Point Me in the Direction of Albuquerque" by the Partridge Family.

I appreciate that many fans have a sentimental attachement to R&R pt II, and that we in the UK have been more exposed to Gary Glitters crimes (convicted and gaoled in 2 countries - despite paying off the family of the children he abused in Vietnam). But hearing that song was the low point of my trip to Foxboro last year.
I've voted for Song 2 - a British band, and the Woohoo works for scores - we've used it at London Wasps (Rugby) for a few years.
I like the Beautiful Day suggestion though - has a special place in any Pats fan's hearts (also like the Murphys95 Prodigy idea - that was part of the soundtrack to my season last year).
Any chance of getting the Dropkick Murphys to record a Pats song? They've done Red Sox and BC songs...

waspie (UK) said:
I appreciate that many fans have a sentimental attachement to R&R pt II, and that we in the UK have been more exposed to Gary Glitters crimes (convicted and gaoled in 2 countries - despite paying off the family of the children he abused in Vietnam). But hearing that song was the low point of my trip to Foxboro last year.

How about we hire that soccer guy and have him say,

GAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

and then play R&R pt. 2?

Shaka, I like, but that would be more of an Arizona song. How about Peter Brady singing "When it's Time to Change..."?

How about we hire that soccer guy and have him say,

GAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(that soccer guy being most commentators in Spain, Portugal and Latin America)

Last edited by a moderator:
Brass Bonanza. Nothing got 7500 Hartford Whalers fans stirred up more! ;)

Don't really like any of the choices and none of the suggestions made me say 'that's the one'. Although sarge's suggestion is pretty damn good.

click...click...BOOM

I voted for Thunderstruck, though I'm rather meh on it. 1812, I just don't think it would work. Elevation, no. Song 2 is too played out. Usher? Are you kidding me?

I had to vote Yeah! by Usher.....

How can I pass on a song featuring Lil' John saying "What?" "OK" and "Yeah" all in one song!

i voted for the Van Halen one

italianpatthepatriot said:
i voted for the Van Halen one
That would have been my second choice but I voted for Thunderstruck although I like the idea of the person who suggested the Dropkick Murphys write an original song.

NEM said:
NEM has an original song.
I don't like the first line "Connecticut is with you" I married a girl from Simsbury Ct and nobody in the family was Patriots fans (they were Giants fans) I met her high school friends and none were Patriots fans and this was Hartford area. I bet half the state is Giants/Jets fans. I think we have a ton of Pats fans outside New England anyway so I think you need to work on a rewrite to just focus on people who are Pats fans regardless of location. Just my 2 cents.

Crowpointer said:
I don't like the first line "Connecticut is with you" I married a girl from Simsbury Ct and nobody in the family was Patriots fans (they were Giants fans) I met her high school friends and none were Patriots fans and this was Hartford area. I bet half the state is Giants/Jets fans. I think we have a ton of Pats fans outside New England anyway so I think you need to work on a rewrite to just focus on people who are Pats fans regardless of location. Just my 2 cents.

What are you talking about? The "Little Rhody" part is genius. It will strike abject fear in the hearts of our foes.

Hurrah, hurrah!

Now let me get some hooch and put on my racoon coat so I can join my chums at the speakeasy before the football match.

Where do you get the original NEM song?

Please tell me he's sending his niece around to sing it to each n every one of us?

NEM said:
In the song, I incorporated th names of all of the New England States. For the record, many Pats fans are from Connecticut. We have many ex connecticut residents in our club that are Pats fans.
No kidding !! I am a season ticket holder and I see the Connecticut plates. I guess I think the song shouldn't be limited by just the New England states. I look at that picture of the Rochester club at the Buffalo game that Murph posted and I want the song to include those guys as well (and guys from all around the country who may have no connection to NE but are Pats diehards)

Last edited:
Anything by Bon Jovi that would fit this?I dont know all of their music,but if there is one,BB could put in a good word for his pal...

Hell, we need a Patsfans.com song!!!!!!

Yeah, keep all the state references, just add a line about the "fifth column" Patriots Nation anywhere you live -- that would cover me!

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back