Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which song should be the Pats official TD Song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Touchdown Song

OK. This settles it. THE BEST by Tina Turner.

There is no other song that says it all like that one.

bunzoburns said:
How about some Ramones?

I was thinking Blitzkrieg Bop could be good. Hey! Ho! Lets go!

How about the Shout 2000 by Disturbed? Shout! Shout! Let it all out!

I like POD Boom, but the lyrics "here come the boys from the south" don't fit.

I'm for playing less music in general... especially if the crowd is already alive (I was mad when they drowned out chants at the Indy Playoff game with AC/DC). I do think you need something after a touchdown. I don't think something original would be well received.

I believe we should keep the HEY! song. Someone should start a petition. If it is still to be changed I like "Beautiful day!" by U2 but I think "BOOM!" by POD is more of a pumped up song.

P.S.
We need to sign Deion Branch or other receivers to actually get to play the song on a regular basis.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more press on this. But this could be crucial to the Pats success this year (note tongue in cheek). But seriously though what should the Pats hear every time they score a TD? Note this should be a reward and not a punishment, LOL.

Here were the choices given on the Pats website along with my analysis.

The 1812 - Overture
Classic sound. But a little bit too calm. Doesn't get the adrenaline pumping enough for my tastes.

Ain't Talkin' Bout Love - Van Halen
Not bad but takes too long to build up. I'm not "feeling" enough from the 30 second clip.

Elevation - U2
Almost sounds appropriate what with the BB - Bon Jovi connection. And a pretty good song on its own merits. Has the appropriate celebratory sound to it. Hmm a potential winner.

Song 2 - Blur
Woohoo! Thats about the only word I can make out clearly. But it's catchy and it's all you need to hear really.

Thunderstruck - AC/DC
For a classic hard rock sound this is probably for you.

Yeah - Usher
And finally the song I think should win for the humor value. Just trying to imagine BB, Brady, or Kraft grooving or dancing to this song tickles my funny bone.

Don't forget to also cast your votes on the Pats official website. This time your opinion will matter!

http://www.binarypro.com/clients/phpQ/fillsurvey.php?sid=9

Last edited:
What about TNT by AC/DC?

That would be a write in vote. Good song suggestion. I believe they have a space for write in votes.

Last edited:
I Like Big Butts- Sir Mix-A-Lot

Will you be writing this song? Then you are free to submit a write in vote with the title of such song. :)

NEM said:
NONE of the above. Tis is FOOTBALL, not a rock concert.

We need a TEAM SONG that IS a TEAM SONG...one that will be with the team for a long time.

Rock songs come and go, and get worn out and boring.

But a special TEAM SONG, like "Hail To Thre Redskins', Were th houston Oilers" thats the kind that is talked about by TV commentators and one that will be recognized all over the NFL as the PATRIOTS TEAM SONG...

Rock songs are used in too many stadiums and have NO BEARING at all to the TEAM on the Field.

A special PATRIOTS FIGHT SONG will BE SPECIAL to the PATS, and one that all of us here will be singing forever, and our kids, and their kids.....

THAT IS A TEAM SONG, not rock and roll garbage.

How about 'Simply Irresistible' ? (And of course have the cheerleaders doing the dance while it's playing). Play the music but alter the words slightly to fit the team. Got a hell of a beat to it too.

:cool:

I'd like to hear this song then. You've got me curious. What band performed it?

Last edited:
VJCPatriot said:
I'd like to hear this song then. You've got me curious. What band performed it?

Warning, VJC: Rumour has it that there is a reference to "Little Rhody" in NEM's song.

I think we should challenge the Patriots organization to come up with an original tune. Humility aside, NEM has a good idea - either encourage the fans to turn in their own rendition or have the Patriots staff come up with one. A new tune or a remix - the Patriots are at their height in popularity right now. Now's the time.

But I guess if you want something done, you've got to do it yourself. :)

Beatles, "Revolution."

It starts with that scream which is perfect for the celebration part (plus fans could scream along with it, adding real psych-out value) and duh, Patriots fought the Revolution. Plus the twelve people who also like soccer could port it to that sport (to use the word loosely.)

PFnV

NEM said:
If I knew how to do this youtube thing,Honestly, i would put lmy face up there singint the one I wrote years ago just so yu all can hear the words and the stirring sound of the melody that goes with it..But I dont know how to do that.

In either case, you are right, the time is NOW, and it really needs to be a song written for, and pertinent to the team, in football fight song fashion...a song like that will live on, while a rock song dies, in time, as new ones come along...and, as I said, the tv networks would pick up on it as it's being played with panning shots of the crowd waving their towels, handkerchbiefs, pompoms, or whtever is decide to be used with the Patriot's Fight Song.

I can see it now...and it can last for fifty years...or more.

Rock songs die...team fight songs are forever....
If Notred Dame had decided to use "The Charleston" which was poplular in the 20's and 30's we never would be singing "Three Cheers For Old Notre Dame" and know the melody by heart in our heads.... OR "For Boston, For Boston" when the BC band strikes up their song....

We all have heard of "Hail To The Redskins" but would we kinow their team song if it was "Indian Love Call.?"

Speaking of songs getting dated... are you familiar with the flap over "Hail to the Redskins," and the verses that say things like "scalp em stomp em whomp em we want heap more?"

I certainly hope whatever we come up with doesn't go down the tubes once desklamps get the vote or something.

PFnV

Click Click Boom - Saliva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots