Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which song should be the Pats official TD Song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Touchdown Song

ctpatsfan77 said:
If we have to go with a song that already exists, I'd go with either U2's "Beautiful Day" or Bon Jovi's "Have a Nice Day" (BB and Bon Jovi are apparently very good friends, and the song's got that us-versus-the-world feel to it, too).

I wrote in U2's "Beautiful Day". That is the song that defines this run, played right after SB XXXVI. I'm not even a U2 fan, but when I hear that song on the radio I crank it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

NEM said:

Ah yes, NEM, resident Ward Cleaver of the board. Everything was better in the 50's.

Murphys95 said:
We talked about this exact topic on our show back in June. One of our listeners made a great point about banning Gary Glitter's Rock and Roll Part II. Not only is Glitter a convicted pedophile, but also receives royalties every time his song is played.

The NFL has asked all stadiums to refrain from playing his song.

Nonetheless, I agree that it's time for a change at Gillette. The music has been relatively unchanged for years.

A good point that I didn't think of. It's a conundrum. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to get used to some other song.

Usher is club music, and really only works in a basketball setting if at all. I like the Hey song, always have associated it with the Patriots scoring a touchdown. They've been playing it for over a decade, haven't they? I understand the reason they're changing it (the composer's going to jail for child molestation or something, isn't he?) but why mess with success? No one's going to associate that song with molesting kids, heck no one even knows who made the song. Stupid reason to change it.

The 1812 overture would be my choice simply because of the theme, though I think Stars n Stripes Forever would work better for that theme as someone already mentioned (and sends chills down everyone's spines). Maybe they should have the Perceptionists (Boston-area rap/hip-hop artists) record another rap for this purpose, like they did a couple of years ago (it was featured on ESPN.com).

NEM said:
I wrote one back in the 70's. Damned good too.

Similar to the idea of the Redskins Fight Song and the old "We're the Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers...." I can still see tens of thousands of light blue pom poms waving, in unison, in the stands.

Or the Bills touchdown song, which despite it usually being played at the Patriots expense always seems to get me singing along. It's catchy... "Let's go Buffalo!"

NEM said:
I wrote one back in the 70's. Damned good too.

Similar to the idea of the Redskins Fight Song and the old "We're the Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers...." I can still see tens of thousands of light blue pom poms waving, in unison, in the stands.

Thats football, not this rock garbage.

Oh, hubris, thy name is NEM.

Richter said:
Ah yes, NEM, resident Ward Cleaver of the board. Everything was better in the 50's.

Watch it! You shouldn't tell NEM that he's stuck in the 50's.

Everyone knows that he's had four consecutive 60's.

primetime said:
Or the Bills touchdown song, which despite it usually being played at the Patriots expense always seems to get me singing along. It's catchy... "Let's go Buffalo!"

Right with you. I get the biggest kick out of their touchdown song (Shout). Buffalo's 4th quarter score to nix the shutout was worth it just to hear that song!

Richter said:
Oh, hubris, thy name is NEM.

Admittedly for NEM, the song was titled "The Patriots and We" and did receive some airtime.

primetime said:
Admittedly for NEM, the song was titled "The Patriots and We" and did receive some airtime.

Now that's comedy, folks.

"Seek and Destroy" by Metallica.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again:

Roger Daltrey long-scream:

"Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....MEET THE NEW BOSS.......SAME AS THE OLD BOSS"

They played it in the last moments of the 2004 Playoff game vs. the Colts and Gillette exploded.

Last edited:

shmessy said:

"Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....MEET THE NEW BOSS.......SAME AS THE OLD BOSS"

They played it in the last moments of the 2004 Playoff game vs. the Colts and Gillette exploded.

Well then, I'd have to say "Smack my b*tch up" by Prodigy would fit right in on your playlist. :)

primetime said:
LMAO! You guys kill me.
Meanwhile, NEM is sounding like one of those "Turn down that racket!" guys.
No offense buddy, I do it all the time when one of those "BOOM BOOM" cars goes by my house.

NEM said:
Yup.,. and I wrote one back in the 70's which was even better.

A common rock song has no individual team personality, and the music sucks.... but a song with fervor to it, representing the team itself, that's part of football...not providing free advertising for some rock star, or group, that has no talent other than noise.

Don't sweat it, NEM. This Rock N' Roll fad won't last.

Murphys95 said:
Well then, I'd have to say "Smack my b*tch up" by Prodigy would fit right in on your playlist. :)

Think Myra will greenlight that one, Murph?

shmessy said:

Hmmm... it's got potential.

CrazyDave said:
Hmmm... it's got potential.

Actually, we could take this further.

The TD gets the - (Scream) - Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss -

-Then the sound system stops until Gostko/Roberto Benigni kicks the extra point

-At which time the song's ending guitar riff puts the final stamp on it.

Now THAT'S Packaging!

Last edited:

shmessy said:
Think Myra will greenlight that one, Murph?

No. :( I'll go clean my room now.

shmessy said:
Actually, we could take this further.

The TD gets the - (Scream) - Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss -

-Then the sound system stops until Gostko/Roberto Benigni kicks the extra point

-At which time the song's ending guitar riff puts the final stamp on it.

Now THAT'S Packaging!

I'm pickin up what you"re puttin down. We may be onto something.
I'd be surprised if another team is'nt doing something similar though.
Ya think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes