PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats need to win out probably to get HFA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already said I was referring to commenting on the defense. I just left a few words out of the statement.
Even with those facts I would still rather play Oakland in Oakland than KC at KC. I don't know about the tie breakers except that if Oakland wins out they get HFA no matter what. But Oakland is playing all 3 of their divisional rivals on the road to end the season. They definitely won't run the table.

If Oakland does run the table, then they will be the favorites heading into the playoffs. Most likely. I don't see it happening though.
If Kc wins we become the number 1 seed, even if we lose.
If Oakland wins we cannot catch them unless they lose one additional game more than we do.

As of now the Patriots are ranked 25th in strength of victory. These next 2 games will tell us a lot of about the Pats.

If Kc wins we become the number 1 seed, even if we lose.
If Oakland wins we cannot catch them unless they lose one additional game more than we do.

You sold me on rooting for KC. I think KC is going to win anyway.

No, it won't. NE and OAK are tied in conference record and both teams have only AFC games left. So if they tie in overall record they'll tie in conference record. Next tiebreaker is strength of victory and OAK has a huge lead there. (SoV is the combined record of all the teams you beat (and if you beat a team twice you count their record twice)).

The only way for NE to get the #1 seed is for NE to finish with an outright better record than OAK.

I thought if Oak, KC, and NE all go 12-4 KC wins west and NE gets 1 seed.

Based on each team's opponents I would have to say that the Patriots have a much better chance of going 4-0 than the Raiders do.

Based on each team's opponents I would have to say that the Patriots have a much better chance of going 4-0 than the Raiders do.

If I counted correctly Brady is 6-8 @Miami 2-7 @Denver and they are 7-3 overall against Baltimore. Alot of those Baltimore games were decided by 6 points or less, barring 2 blow outs. It will be tough for the Pats to win out.

And you can't count out the Jets.. for whatever reason they always play us tough.

yes, it is very important to the Pats 1 seed hopes that KC beat the Raiders Thursday Night.

If it came to it, Id much rather go to Oakland then KC. I can see the Patriots controlling the pace of that game

If it came to it, Id much rather go to Oakland then KC. I can see the Patriots controlling the pace of that game
but if KC wins our chances of being 1 seed go way up, and in fact we become the 1 seed right away, and even stay the 1 seed, even if we lost to The Ravens.

As of now the Patriots are ranked 25th in strength of victory. These next 2 games will tell us a lot of about the Pats.

The Net +112 points already tells us that. Dallas is 2nd with +105, third best is Seattle +70

The Net +112 points already tells us that. Dallas is 2nd with +105, third best is Seattle +70

Great find right there....the Patriots, for all their questions, are taking care of business

For the sake of everyone's sanity - the best thing is to not go to Denver (and that looks really unlikely). Oakland scares me more than KC - their QB is simply better. Late in a game with a 4 point lead, who would you rather have to stop - KC and Smith or Oakland and Carr? I think our team can win a low-scoring game if we do not have more serious injuries on offense. In crunch time, I think this team right now can get A score. I really do not feel so confident in a shootout with Oakland. They can score in a very few plays, we tend to have to be successful over and over. If Oakland does beat KC Thursday, and that is a big if, I think that will be the team we will be facing in the AFCCG, whether in NE or Oakland.

If I counted correctly Brady is 6-8 @Miami 2-7 @Denver and they are 7-3 overall against Baltimore. Alot of those Baltimore games were decided by 6 points or less, barring 2 blow outs. It will be tough for the Pats to win out.

And you can't count out the Jets.. for whatever reason they always play us tough.
While that may be true every year is a new team, a new season and new opponents. Let's not forget that in some of those games the Patriots had nothing to play for.

Without looking it up I am sure that Oakland's record over their last several years versus their next four opponents is not too stellar.

Division games are always tough. That holds just as true in the AFC West as it does in the AFC East (if not more so right now).

Three of Oakland's remaining four games are on the road:
- at Kansas City
- at San Diego
- at Denver

Their one home game is against the Colts, who are playing much better than they did early in the season.

To look at it another way both teams are at Denver, so that's a wash.

That leaves Team A home vs 7-5 Ravens, home vs 3-9 Jets, at 7-5 Miami.

Team B is at 9-3 Kansas City, at 5-7 San Diego, and home vs 6-6 Indy.

Taking fandom out of the equation as much as I can it is looks to me that Team B has the tougher schedule, better opponents, fewer home games, and is therefore less likely to go 4-0.

But its at home and the last time Brady lost to the Jets at home in the regular season was 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back