PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats need to win out probably to get HFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosslost

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
The good news is the 2 Seed and the first round bye are all but clinched now. However, Oakland will have the tie breaker against us. Their schedule is tough, they look good enough to me to finish 3 and 1 the rest of the way, which means we need to go 4 and 0. (I "think")

Not too mention that we could still end up tied with KC if we drop one, and I think they get the tie breaker too the last time I checked. (But I think they should drop at least one )

The good news is the 2 Seed and the first round bye are all but clinched now. However, Oakland will have the tie breaker against us. Their schedule is tough, they look good enough to me to finish 3 and 1 the rest of the way, which means we need to go 4 and 0. (I "think")

Not too mention that we could still end up tied with KC if we drop one, and I think they get the tie breaker too the last time I checked. (But I think they should drop at least one )
Gotta be a division winner to get a #1 or #2 seed, so we only have to worry about Oakland or KC, not both.

Edit: Unless I misread what you were saying, in which case, my bad.

If before the season you would of told me in December we would be battling the Raiders for the top seed......

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

Gotta be a division winner to get a #1 or #2 seed, so we only have to worry about Oakland or KC, not both.

Edit: Unless I misread what you were saying, in which case, my bad.
I know. I was talking about one or the other beating us out, as the AFCW winner, and getting the HFA over us.

I live 5 miles from Oakland. It would be crazy if the Pats came here in the playoffs. But hope it doesn't happen.

Handing the raiders 4 wins is premature. They play all 3 division opponents on the road. They play Indy which could be a guy FG matchup for their poor defense.

And tie breaker in the event of 13-3 tie isn't decided. It would depend on who the losses are against.

Hey, if Oakland wins out, they deserve the #1 seed. They've got a couple of very tough games left.

Yep, that's more or less my thought. They've gotta beat KC, Denver, and the Chargers on the road. Could easily go 1-3, but 2-2 or 3-1 is most likely.

If Oakland loses to Kansas City, we can still be the #1 seed even with a loss to Denver, as long as Kansas City runs the table and wins the division at 13-3.

Handing the raiders 4 wins is premature. They play all 3 division opponents on the road. They play Indy which could be a guy FG matchup for their poor defense.

And tie breaker in the event of 13-3 tie isn't decided. It would depend on who the losses are against.
perhaps, if they lose to either SD or the Colts, then it may switch the equation, if we lose to Denver.

Todays games certainly didn't help Pats in the Home Field Hunt.
Lots of big battles and looks like 3-1 will be needed for the Pats.

NE: ...... vs BAL .. @DEN .. vs NYJ .. @ MIA
OAK: .... @KC .... @SD ..... vs IND .. @DEN
KC: ..... vs OAK .. vs TEN .. vs DEN .. @SD
DEN: ... @TEN .. vs NE .... @KC ..... vs OAK

Yep, that's more or less my thought. They've gotta beat KC, Denver, and the Chargers on the road. Could easily go 1-3, but 2-2 or 3-1 is most likely.

If Oakland loses to Kansas City, we can still be the #1 seed even with a loss to Denver, as long as Kansas City runs the table and wins the division at 13-3.
I think I ran that exact scenario on the Playoff simulation and the Chiefs got the tie breaker.. But I could be wrong.

Two of our 4 SB titles came out of the 2 seed. Which we have all but clinched for intents and purposes

I think I ran that exact scenario on the Playoff simulation and the Chiefs got the tie breaker.. But I could be wrong.

I double checked it and in the scenario we're talking, we'll have the Chiefs on tiebreakers...conf. record I think.

4-0 does not even guarantee it. I think the Pats may need the 4-0.

As long as we don't have to go to Denver in the playoffs I'll be happy. However I just don't see us getting by Oakland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back