Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pats need to win by 30 to keep momentum...discuss!

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by mcbee, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcbee

mcbee Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

A measly win of 2 touchdowns will be seen as "flat", "uninspiring", and/or "ominous".
  2. carolinatony

carolinatony Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The way we seen to lose one to the Fish every year, I would be happy with a 27-10 win this week.
  3. Omega Supreme

Omega Supreme Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think quite a few people in here would be contemplating suicide if that happened. Just imagine what it would be like if the Pats lost...
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  4. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The way I see it, a win is a win. However, every Pats fan wants to see a blowout, including me. The Pats have a long history of playing poorly in Miami which should come to an end this Sunday. I think this is another game where Moss, Welker and Stallworth are going to light up the Dolphins secondary. This is clearly a different Patriots team that Miami is facing. The Pats have never had the playmakers on offense like they do now. In fact, this should help neutralize Jason Taylor harrassing Brady in the passing game. The Pats recievers have proven they can get open instantly. If Miami dares to press Moss, Stallworth and Weker, the game will be over early. Let's face it, the Dolphins might be the worst team in the NFL, their defense is playing very poorly, Chris Chambers is gone (who has given the Pats problems at times) and Cleo Lemon is their starting QB. If Cleveland put up 41 on the Dolphins, I would be surprised if the Pats didn't score at least 35 points on Sunday. The Pats will not take Miami lightly and have plenty of motivation to win on Sunday. Why? Because they played their worst game in a long time last year in Miami losing 21-0. Brady and offense will set the tone early and never look back.
  5. jct

jct Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Basically, the fins have a lot of talent.
    To win we need to take away R Brown, Run well, and not give up turnovers.
    Any win will be good enough.
    I think we get up by 3 scores then "take it easy" against them.
    But hey, we have a lot of guys in career years and they will run up the score.
  6. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +340 / 22 / -2

A win is a win.

A win by 10 points will NOT be a let down. The team will be focused against Washington no matter what happens against Miami,
  7. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +776 / 21 / -27

There are only 2 things that can happen on sunday (leaving out the odd possiblity of a tie).
    One means we accomplished everything we possibly could this week. (A win)
    The other means we accomplished nothing this week. (A loss)

There is no in between.

If we win, whether we win by 1 or 50, the result will be 1 win and no losses, and what happens in this game (barring injuries of course) will have zero impact on any of the other games remaining on the schedule.

Sure, there are FANS that will be let down if we don't dominate, but I could care less. The job at hand is to notch another win. Thats all.

Of course, it will be more fun to watch a blowout.
  8. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I was wondering about motivation for this game until I read a refresher story on the 21-0 loss we had there last year. You know, when signal stealing was "part of the NFL" and not a sign of the apocalypse.:rolleyes:

Anyway, the story pissed me off even a year later. So I am kind of hoping for a blowout. Something like 21-0 would do.
  9. tedylb

tedylb Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Amen, Andy!
  10. jaytyme

jaytyme Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

oh......just win ugly and leave miami
  11. ALP

ALP Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0

i jsut wanna win with no injuries...

its not the fins fault that the pats got busted for the signals this season...its the jets...and in THAT game i wanna see a COMPLETE BLOWOUT
  12. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Am I the only one who gets more of a "Blowout" feel when we play better teams?

We score more when we need to score more.

Honestly I’d be surprised if we put up 40+ again this week. Can we? Obviously. Will we? I just don’t see it.

But hey I’m with everyone, I’d love to see a ridiculous blowout with Brady throwing 6 TDs.
  13. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

And I thought we got rid of this troll last year. :rolleyes:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.