PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats need to win by 30 to keep momentum...discuss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcbee

Banned
Reaction score
A measly win of 2 touchdowns will be seen as "flat", "uninspiring", and/or "ominous".

The way we seen to lose one to the Fish every year, I would be happy with a 27-10 win this week.

A measly win of 2 touchdowns will be seen as "flat", "uninspiring", and/or "ominous".

I think quite a few people in here would be contemplating suicide if that happened. Just imagine what it would be like if the Pats lost...

Last edited:
The way I see it, a win is a win. However, every Pats fan wants to see a blowout, including me. The Pats have a long history of playing poorly in Miami which should come to an end this Sunday. I think this is another game where Moss, Welker and Stallworth are going to light up the Dolphins secondary. This is clearly a different Patriots team that Miami is facing. The Pats have never had the playmakers on offense like they do now. In fact, this should help neutralize Jason Taylor harrassing Brady in the passing game. The Pats recievers have proven they can get open instantly. If Miami dares to press Moss, Stallworth and Weker, the game will be over early. Let's face it, the Dolphins might be the worst team in the NFL, their defense is playing very poorly, Chris Chambers is gone (who has given the Pats problems at times) and Cleo Lemon is their starting QB. If Cleveland put up 41 on the Dolphins, I would be surprised if the Pats didn't score at least 35 points on Sunday. The Pats will not take Miami lightly and have plenty of motivation to win on Sunday. Why? Because they played their worst game in a long time last year in Miami losing 21-0. Brady and offense will set the tone early and never look back.

Basically, the fins have a lot of talent.
To win we need to take away R Brown, Run well, and not give up turnovers.
Any win will be good enough.
I think we get up by 3 scores then "take it easy" against them.
But hey, we have a lot of guys in career years and they will run up the score.

A win is a win.

A win by 10 points will NOT be a let down. The team will be focused against Washington no matter what happens against Miami,

There are only 2 things that can happen on sunday (leaving out the odd possiblity of a tie).
One means we accomplished everything we possibly could this week. (A win)
The other means we accomplished nothing this week. (A loss)

There is no in between.

If we win, whether we win by 1 or 50, the result will be 1 win and no losses, and what happens in this game (barring injuries of course) will have zero impact on any of the other games remaining on the schedule.

Sure, there are FANS that will be let down if we don't dominate, but I could care less. The job at hand is to notch another win. Thats all.

Of course, it will be more fun to watch a blowout.

I was wondering about motivation for this game until I read a refresher story on the 21-0 loss we had there last year. You know, when signal stealing was "part of the NFL" and not a sign of the apocalypse.:rolleyes:

Anyway, the story pissed me off even a year later. So I am kind of hoping for a blowout. Something like 21-0 would do.

There are only 2 things that can happen on sunday (leaving out the odd possiblity of a tie).
One means we accomplished everything we possibly could this week. (A win)
The other means we accomplished nothing this week. (A loss)

There is no in between.

If we win, whether we win by 1 or 50, the result will be 1 win and no losses, and what happens in this game (barring injuries of course) will have zero impact on any of the other games remaining on the schedule.

Sure, there are FANS that will be let down if we don't dominate, but I could care less. The job at hand is to notch another win. Thats all.

Of course, it will be more fun to watch a blowout.

Amen, Andy!

oh......just win ugly and leave miami

i jsut wanna win with no injuries...

its not the fins fault that the pats got busted for the signals this season...its the jets...and in THAT game i wanna see a COMPLETE BLOWOUT

Am I the only one who gets more of a "Blowout" feel when we play better teams?

We score more when we need to score more.

Honestly I’d be surprised if we put up 40+ again this week. Can we? Obviously. Will we? I just don’t see it.

But hey I’m with everyone, I’d love to see a ridiculous blowout with Brady throwing 6 TDs.

And I thought we got rid of this troll last year. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back