PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Need to Stick to There Base 3-4 Next Time Against Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPatBoy

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I know we won the game, but I truly think we just need to play our 3-4 when we play the Colts and quit trying to play these exotic packages sitting back therte giving Manning all day. Watching the Chargers game it is clear to me that you can control Addai and then put pressure on Manning, which is clearly the way to attack the Colts.

I don't know if you can use the Bolts as a template for how to pressure Manning. The Colts would be having offensive problems in this game no matter what because they have so many injuries. One sign of this is that they are using a huddle, which they never do.

eh. we used big nickel with clark and gonzalez active

they are going against Wayne..no need for a nickel

i do like the way the Chargers get pressure and i dont think we've gotten enough this year besides from Vrabel on a consistent basis

Last edited:
There are a few things that I'm convinced of in life. One of them is that BB knows more about stopping NFL offenses than SCPatBoy. Whatever Bill decides to do, I'm on board with it. That's the beauty of having the best coach in the history of a sport on your team.

You have a good point, the Pats win right now is about to be watered down.

"Sure the Pats beat the Colts, big deal, the Chargers BLEW THEM OUT!".

Pats didn't want to give up big plays so they tried to make Addai beat them, which he almost did. Plus playing in the Colts stadium and the bad calls gave the Colts a HUGE advantage.

I know we won the game, but I truly think we just need to play our 3-4 when we play the Colts and quit trying to play these exotic packages sitting back therte giving Manning all day. Watching the Chargers game it is clear to me that you can control Addai and then put pressure on Manning, which is clearly the way to attack the Colts.

And have Clark on a LB? Nah. Rodney shut down both Clark and Jason Whitten this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes