PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats NEED to play INDY!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I have been thinking about this a lot the past few days. If the Pats get by the Jaguars, then they NEED to play INDY. Sure, it might be safer to get by the Broncos and then perhaps play the Colts, BUT won't you feel CHEATED if the Pats and Colts don't play each other again.

If the Pats were to for some reason lose to either the Jags or Broncos, won't you be left wondering what ever would have happened if the Pats and Colts did meet up again.

Or what if the Steelers beat the Colts? Won't you still feel cheated that we didn't get the opportunity to knock off the big dog?

I need to know what would happen if the Pats and Colts meet in the playoffs.

THey need to play each other.

Of course, the perfect scenario would be in the AFC Championship Game, but too much would have to go right in order for that to happen.

WHat are your thoughts?

We need to beat the Jags first. Then if we get the Colts, take care of them then.

I totally agree. But I actually want them to play Indy after Indy has played another game, if only to avoid any excuses about how the Colts were "rusty".

I agree it would be more fun to go thru Indy, but any path that results in Vince #4 is fine by me.

yall should start a chant at the jag game
"We want indy, we want indy"

ill start it at our local sports bar... even though id be the only one chanting it and looking like a fool

In a sadistic vein, it could be more satisfying to have someone else beat the Colts and then have the Colts watch the Pats win the SB, all the while grinding their teeth saying - "this was our year to beat those b@stards, if we had only gotten our hands on them...." Boy, wouldn't that feeling ruin Manning's nasty little offseason! :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

you'll have to take my word for it that I'm not really that evil :D

Last edited:
Brady'sButtBoy said:
:eek:

I believe you, please don't hurt me!

Don't care who they play AT ALL. Beat, Jax, Denver, Indy: great. Or Jax, Indy, Cincy. Or Jax, Denver, Pitt. Do. Not. Care. I just hope they win.

Screw that. As long as the Colts lose, I'm fine. In two years, no one will remember who beat the Colts, only that they folded in the post season... yet again.

brdmaverick said:
I have been thinking about this a lot the past few days. If the Pats get by the Jaguars, then they NEED to play INDY. Sure, it might be safer to get by the Broncos and then perhaps play the Colts, BUT won't you feel CHEATED if the Pats and Colts don't play each other again.

Nope.

If the Pats were to for some reason lose to either the Jags or Broncos, won't you be left wondering what ever would have happened if the Pats and Colts did meet up again.

No, I think at that point I'll know what would have happened.

Or what if the Steelers beat the Colts? Won't you still feel cheated that we didn't get the opportunity to knock off the big dog?

Not at all. I'll be too busy enjoying watching Colts fans loose their minds, and gearing up for a home AFCC with the Steelers.

I need to know what would happen if the Pats and Colts meet in the playoffs.

THey need to play each other.

Of course, the perfect scenario would be in the AFC Championship Game, but too much would have to go right in order for that to happen.

WHat are your thoughts?

I think you are too caught up in revenge to appreciate the bigger picture Besides the best revenge is just winning, and if we advance to the AFCC or SB and the Colts don't, that will more than cover the revenge factor where Indy is concerned.

Naw...its personal. Peyton Manning needs to be brought down a few more pegs...and we are the team to ensure that it happens.

oldrover said:
Don't care who they play AT ALL. Beat, Jax, Denver, Indy: great. Or Jax, Indy, Cincy. Or Jax, Denver, Pitt. Do. Not. Care. I just hope they win.

I just want to beat the Bears ... or the Seahawks.

ps - Indy is not the big dog. New England is.

Don't care how they get there, just that they get there. Win Super Bowl XL, Pats!

I am on the side that says "I don't care who we beat, as long as a few weeks from now, we are in Detroit hoisting another Lombardi trophy, telling the media to kiss our behinds for ever doubting us!" If it goes through Indy, so be it, as long as we win the games we have left, no matter who its against I am happy.

THink of it like the Red Sox postseason in '04. After 86 years of frustration, it would have been sweet no matter who they beat as long as they won the World Series, but wasn't it that much better that we won it while going through New York?

I would be absolutely thrilled if the Pats won the Super Bowl again, but what if we lose to a team like Jacksonville or Denver? Won't there be a little empty space inside of you left wondering how things would have turned out had we played INdy? The NFL, tv networks, and fans including myself must have NE-INDY. If this matchup does not come to place then it will be very disappointing (a disappointment that would be quickly mitigated by another championship).

fleabassist1 said:
yall should start a chant at the jag game
"We want indy, we want indy"

ill start it at our local sports bar... even though id be the only one chanting it and looking like a fool

I have an idea. Start it when it's 24-17 Jacksonville with 3 minutes left and they are lining up for the FG that makes it 27-17.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
In a sadistic vein, it could be more satisfying to have someone else beat the Colts and then have the Colts watch the Pats win the SB, all the while grinding their teeth saying - "this was our year to beat those b@stards, if we had only gotten our hands on them...." Boy, wouldn't that feeling ruin Manning's nasty little offseason! :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

But can you imagine the whinning and the amount of rule changes the Colts will want..

You guys really want to play us in the Dome?
Bring Willie the fake a injury linebacker because that no huddle will have your D huffing and puffing.

Take it from someone living here. Colt's fans want us to beat Jacksonville so we will come to Indy. Some knuckle head told me the other day that there is no way the Colt's will lose to New England in Indy. I love it when people say stupid things like that!

ColtsFan4Life said:
You guys really want to play us in the Dome?
Bring Willie the fake a injury linebacker because that no huddle will have your D huffing and puffing.

Spoken like a true Dolts fan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots