PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats need to address LB in this Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
BelichickFan said:
The only thing I wonder about with Claridge is that Dan Pires said that once he was IRed he was never seen again. He specifically said that he has no reason to think that's inherently a problem but he said it was just a little strange.

Just something that made me go "hmmmm".

That does make me go hmmmm. In my research he was thought of as a "leader" and his UNLV teamates looked up to him. He comes from a football family - his brother plays for the Atlanta Falcons. I hope he gives it another shot.

Ochmed Jones said:
Lawson is kind of interesting.
QUOTE]

Where do you think he'll go in the draft. I'm hoping the Pats can grab him in the second round with pick no. 52.

Ochmed Jones said:
Lawson is kind of interesting.

Where do you think he'll go in the draft. I'm hoping the Pats can grab him in the second round with pick no. 52.

I think that we have 8 LB spots

STARTERS: McGinist,Vrabel,Bruschi,Colvin
BACKUPS:Brown,Beisel,Claridge, Banta-Cain

There are also may be a ST spot or two, but they could be filled by veteran STers at any position. I will also ignore long-shots like Eric Alexander.

As of now, Brown and Beisel have a year in the system and are the first off the bench. Claridge was on IR, and was drafted as a LB for the future.
-----------------------------------------------

Are we are drafting the linebacker of the future and expecting no production this season?

If so, I guess Banta-Cain would be cut, with little loss. That would mean even MORE reliance on VETERAN backups Brown and Beisel or their veteran free agent replacements. Surely, two raw rookies are enough (the new draftee and Claridge.

Patriots.com have the pats taking maroney

Interesting that the boys at Patriots.com have us taking Maroney (if Bobby Carpenter isn't there at 21). I guess we won't know until the combine if carpenter's injury is healed 100%. But they have him going before 21 (??) I have to believe Carpenter will still be there at 21, if the Pats want him. They also call Maroney a top 10 pick (?) Somehow they are in love with him. Since Minnesota and Baltimore will probably take a RB. The key to Maroney falling would be if the Cardinals and San Francisco both take a RB early. If they do, then Maroney probably will be gone by 21. I don't see a lot of interest in Maroney on this site. All the mocks say that he can't catch, but as I posted several times before, Minnesota simply doesn't throw to their backs much. It's not a big part of their system. I'd like to hear from someone who sees a lot of Gopher games to know the real story about his catching ability. They also call Maroney the fastest back in the draft. Hmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back