PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats need a hungry veteran

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriotPat

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
The Pats need to pick up a quality veteran who is hungry for a super bowl next season.

Just pointing out that the past three super bowls the Patriots brought in at least one quality veteran that season who gave the team a new dimension.

2001 It was Bryan Cox and the aggressiveness he brought to the Defense. Also, A. Smith who gave them a running game.

2003 It was Rodney, who replaced and was an upgrade from Milloy. The other was run stuffing Ted Washington.

2004 It was Dillon who had a career year.

This past season they brought in Chad Brown (who's age is showing) and Monty Beisel (who was suppose to be a project anyway) They both had problems playing inside. Bru, Willie, Vrabel and Rosie played better than both of them anyway. They took a chance with David Terrell, but he was cut and did nothing this season for Denver. And then there's Duane Starks, who already has super bowl ring (and maybe missing the hunger for another), and he played hurt.

I'm a veteran and I'm hungry. Does that count?

I completely agree.

So, who do we bring in? Mike Vanderjagt? :D

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Eeeeuch.... I feel all dirty.

Well, how many fellow Patriot fans have been advocating getting rid Adam just this week.

I guess they would rather have a dink who blows a clutch kick then a guy who has made many.

I don't have a problem with it but if you think the team isn't as hungry as ever going into next season, you are mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back