Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pats moving some south end zone seats

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by facemask, Apr 30, 2014.

1. facemask

facemask Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. LiveShot

LiveShot Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -16

Pats could care less about moving fan/fans who have been there a long time to make more money. Just follow the money and screw anyone who gets in mr krafty's way. Behind the smile he's a pit viper.
    • Dislike Dislike x 16
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. resdubwhite

resdubwhite Rookie

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

sucks for people involved. But the criticism above is not called for.
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +769 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

This doesn't happen 'til 2015 and the full story hasn't come out yet. The people who are being moved eventually will have it made worth their while, one way or another.
    • Like Like x 4
  5. goheels22002

goheels22002 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +225 / 2 / -8

#50 Jersey

I hear ya, brother. I had season tickets for several years at UMass basketball games when they played at the Curry Hicks Cage. I was three rows up in the end zone balcony section roughly 15 feet from the rim. Great seats with the popcorn man less than 20 steps away. After Calipari showed up and they nailed the taxpayers for the new gym, the couple of thousand season ticket holders got sent into the upper deck seats like we had small pox. They had plenty of unsold premium season tickets, but their first move was to screw the diehards, and try for a cash grab.

I also don't like this "lounge" idea in the end zone at all. Lounge?!? You want people "lounging" around in the end zone when Mr. Potato Head Manning is barking signals and flapping like a pelican on 4th and two at the six? No. You want drunken maniacs in Rodney Harrison jerseys making as much noise as humanly possible.

Bob and Jonathan Kraft should do what's best for the football team and keep the loyal fans right where they are.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. dales804

dales804 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +394 / 6 / -2

Disable Jersey

Have you been to Gillette? Drunken maniacs are the last thing the Krafts want in their stadium.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jackson 2

Jackson 2 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +358 / 2 / -8

#12 Jersey

Yeah, you're right. What a suck owner...
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +173 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Some "fans" don't know how lucky they are to have an owner like Bob Kraft. Maybe they were happy Billy Sullivan and Victor Kiam, if they were either alive or out of diapers back then.

The fans who lose those seats will be compensated by the team and may even be happier with the compensation. And don't forget Bob Kraft use to sit in those end zone aluminum bleachers before he became owner. There were no "seats".
    • Like Like x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. lurker1965

lurker1965 Rookie

Ratings:
    +101 / 6 / -7

No Jersey Selected

I know this was sarcasm, but someone might not. I recommend a " :) ". Just saying.
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. Jackson 2

Ratings:
    +358 / 2 / -8

#12 Jersey

Duly noted, but, honestly, anyone who knows anything about Kraft and would even remotely think I was serious is a blithering idiot who would be oblivious to an emoticon or any other type of indicator.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. PatsGuy

PatsGuy Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 1 / -0

12. SeanBruschi54

SeanBruschi54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

Yea theres a thread further down the page that I cant link to because of work but its a relly awful situation for those fans. I would be livid and to be honest probably hold a bit of a grudge against the team for pushing me out like theyre doing to these long time season ticket holders.
  13. Galeb

Galeb Rookie

Ratings:
    +294 / 8 / -3

#91 Jersey

Instead of pissing of season ticket holders maybe they should just build the club in the open part of the field. Not only could they add seats above it, but they would improve the stadium acoustics as well.
  14. NE_PATS_FAN_54

NE_PATS_FAN_54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +61 / 3 / -1

#70 Jersey

Kraft is a great owner, no doubt. But to think he's beyond reproach and not subject to criticism is ridiculous. He's a businessman. He's concerned with the bottom line and not much else. Obviously the whole story needs to come out but right off the bat, this sounds like a dumb idea. The last thing that stadium needs is more red seat fans.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. dales804

dales804 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +394 / 6 / -2

Disable Jersey

It's ironic because the article states they are planning this lounge area because of season ticket holder response to a survey.
  16. Galeb

Galeb Rookie

Ratings:
    +294 / 8 / -3

#91 Jersey

Sort of. They are doing it because they want to make more money. They used focus groups and a survey in an attempt to determine the profitability.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Jackson 2

Ratings:
    +358 / 2 / -8

#12 Jersey

Agreed. As I indicated above, I think Bob Kraft is arguably the best owner in all of pro sports. However, based upon the piece from this morning's Globe which is cited in another thread, I believer he's making a mistake here. If I were a season ticket holder being displaced, I'd be livid.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. signbabybrady

signbabybrady On the Roster

Ratings:
    +169 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

I don’t see why this needs to be in the first rows of the end zone. I think this kind of amenity would be just as good from the back rows lower bowl and as someone suggested putting it in the open side would have made more sense and kind of makes the decision worse in my mind.

I can see adding the lounge as it is a pretty common amenity for stadiums and while I am not watching the game from it I could enjoy the lounge pre-game if not too crowded. But to relocate loyal season ticket holders because you like the open aired side of the stadium seems really lame to me.

If it were me designing this add I would put it at concourse height on the open side just above where the team enters leaving enough height for that area still function the same at ground level but turning it into a sort of tunnel with the lounge above it.
    • Winner Winner x 3
  19. goheels22002

goheels22002 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +225 / 2 / -8

#50 Jersey

I have been to Gillette, and your point is duly noted. The larger issue is that this plan displaces more than 1,500 longstanding season ticket holders in the first 15-20 rows of end zone sections 117 to 124 for a "lounge" for season ticket holders. What's the point of doing that? Keep the end zone fans in the seats, especially if you don't have similarly priced tickets available.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. dales804

dales804 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +394 / 6 / -2

Disable Jersey

I agree. Does anyone think this might get scrapped if it fields enough bad PR?