PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Mock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ochmed Jones

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
#24 - CB - Revis, Hall or Houston whichever one falls to us. I'm hoping it's Revis.

#28 - LB - Harris or Posluzny. I'd like to see us trade down to #31 and pick up something in 2008 and still take one of these guys.

#91 - FS - Gattis. With proper coaching his upside is greater than all other FS candidates except Landry.

#127 - LB - DeOssie. Can he project inside? With a year or two to learn while excelling on ST, he should grow into a starter.

#171 - OT - Otto of Purdue. Upgrade over Britt and insurance in case O'Callaghan is injury prone.

#180 - QB - Leak of Florida. Awesome intangibles. We need a third QB and BB isn't infatiuated with cannon arms.

#202 - RB - Wynn of Florida or Wolfe of Northern Ill. Depends on whether we want a banger or a scatback.

#208 - WR - Davis of FSU. Quickness counts in the Pats offense.

#209 - OG - Stephenson of Rutgers. A year or two in Dante's school and he'll be ready to take over as the 3rd OG when Hoch's contract expires.

#247 - SS - Dahl of North Dakota State. Beyond a shadow of a doubt the best ST demon I saw in 2007. An absolute maniac! Sorry Spann, but this guy will bang heads with anything that moves, regardless of height, weight or reputation. Nasty ST demon.

#24 - CB - Revis, Hall or Houston whichever one falls to us. I'm hoping it's Revis.

Does this pick change at all if Samuel is locked up to a long-term deal? Or do you envision Hobbs as the nickelback?

I'd be ecstatic.

This is excellent, Ochmed...best I've seen. I agree about Revis and Harris especially. But it all depends on whether we can wait to get a safety until 91--and if Gattis is still available. We cannot do without a first-rate safety project, in my opinion. Hawkins just isn't good enough, I am unconvinced by Sanders and much as I love Rodney, who knows if he'll be able to stay in the lineup.

I like Revis the most out of those three, as well. I think he's gone before the 24th pick, though. Do you think Hall will go that far down the board? Houston might still be there, and I would be fine with him. There might be some better players still on the board, but I'm not at all against taking him.

#28 - LB - Harris or Posluzny. I'd like to see us trade down to #31 and pick up something in 2008 and still take one of these guys.
I too would like to see some kind of trade that involves 28.

#91 - FS - Gattis. With proper coaching his upside is greater than all other FS candidates except Landry.
Like the pick, but he he could go earlier. They would likely have to trade up. I got into this debate when I was making my own Mock. Did I want to trade up for Gattis? It seemed trading up for Wilson would make more sense.

#127 - LB - DeOssie. Can he project inside? With a year or two to learn while excelling on ST, he should grow into a starter.
If Ne picks him it will likely be as an OLB. I watched an interview featuring Zak on NESN, and when asked about playing ILB in the pros he simply answered "I'm an outside linebacker" DeOssie might still be on the board.

#171 - OT - Otto of Purdue. Upgrade over Britt and insurance in case O'Callaghan is injury prone.
He's ranked lower than Denman, who I have them getting in the 6th. He's good though. His strengths are pass blocking, and zone, and his weakness is run blocking. If they truelly are switching to a zone blocking scheme he'd be a nice pick, but probably later in the draft.

#180 - QB - Leak of Florida. Awesome intangibles. We need a third QB and BB isn't infatiuated with cannon arms.
He's a little short, and there's probably going to be comparable QB's around in the last few rounds of the draft, or as rookie FA's

#202 - RB - Wynn of Florida or Wolfe of Northern Ill. Depends on whether we want a banger or a scatback.
I like Wynn, and think he could be a good RB. I've been seeing him projected as a 4th-5th round pick though, and during those rounds I like other prospects. If they don't go RB earlier, and he falls to the 6th, it would be a good pick.
#208 - WR - Davis of FSU. Quickness counts in the Pats offense.
Yup, I like this guy.:)

#209 - OG - Stephenson of Rutgers. A year or two in Dante's school and he'll be ready to take over as the 3rd OG when Hoch's contract expires.
he's ranked 14th out of all available guards, while Santucci is ranked 9th. Probably a really good Rookie FA. Maybe picking him up as a rookie FA makes more sense than drafting either him or Santucci?

#247 - SS - Dahl of North Dakota State. Beyond a shadow of a doubt the best ST demon I saw in 2007. An absolute maniac! Sorry Spann, but this guy will bang heads with anything that moves, regardless of height, weight or reputation. Nasty ST demon.
Honestly, I really don't know all that much about the guy.

Overall, I like your thinking.

Last edited:
Here is my mock.

#28 - Darelle Revis - CB
#38 - Brian Leonard - FB/RB
#69 - Stewart Bradly - ILB/OLB
#91 - Zak DeOssie - ILB/OLB
#123 - Sabby Piscatelli - SS
4th round comp - John Wendling - FS
#165 - Allan Barbre - OT
#187 - Usama Young - CB
6th round comp - Chris Davis - WR
6th round comp - Anthony Waters - ILB
7th round comp - Will Herring - FS

Now, I know its 11 players, but these are also the players I believe will help the Pats out the best and provide them the best VALUE and have a legitimate chance of making the team.

And yes, I also know that there is almost no way that the Pats draft all of them.

Here is my mock.
#28 - Darelle Revis - CB

This confirms everything that I suspected about your (lack of) draft knowledge. lmao- :D

Moga,

There is no need to pound on someone. None of us have draft knowledge except for the books we all may pick up.

This confirms everything that I suspected about your (lack of) draft knowledge. lmao- :D

Yes, I give my opinion based on what I feel the Pats needs are and based on what I feel are the best players available to help the Pats, and I have no draft knowledge.

YOU, you provide bubkus, slam respected online draft sites that you know nothing about (and in fact use indirectly), and yet, you claim others don't know anything.

Go home junior.

Moga,

There is no need to pound on someone. None of us have draft knowledge except for the books we all may pick up.

its ok, Warren94. It just supports what he's proven to everyone so far. That he doesn't actually bring anything. Heck, he actually makes Keegs look intelligent.

If nobody with exceptional talent falls to #24 (say for example Revis, Nelson, Lynch, Willis, Meachem, etc) I would like to see us trade down from that spot. Many other guys are so close talent wise that it would almost be like getting someone in round 2 would be just as good. Plus, the Jets will probably want Olsen and there might be a few trade partners willing to jump in front to snag him. So actually, that would help us in two ways by preventing the Jests from getting who they want. Just my 2 cents. Anyway, I can't wait until the 28th!

allright, here is my crack at day 1 of the draft

#24 Robert Meachem Tennessee WR
#28 David Harris, Michigan LB (or trade out)
no 2nd rounder
3rd rounder: Tanard Jackson, Syracuse

Fire away...

allright, here is my crack at day 1 of the draft

#24 Robert Meachem Tennessee WR
#28 David Harris, Michigan LB (or trade out)
no 2nd rounder
3rd rounder: Tanard Jackson, Syracuse

Fire away...

I like that "fire away", lol!
Anyways, Tanard will probably go second/early third. Also, he was suspended/has character issues. I like his style of play though.

I like the players you pick in general but I am very doubtful Revis will last to pick 28. We will be lucky if he drops to 24 imo.

Here is my mock.

#28 - Darelle Revis - CB
#69 - Stewart Bradly - ILB/OLB
#91 - Zak DeOssie - ILB/OLB
#123 - Sabby Piscatelli - SS
4th round comp - John Wendling - FS
#165 - Allan Barbre - OT
#187 - Usama Young - CB
6th round comp - Chris Davis - WR
6th round comp - Anthony Waters - ILB
7th round comp - Will Herring - FS

Now, I know its 11 players, but these are also the players I believe will help the Pats out the best and provide them the best VALUE and have a legitimate chance of making the team.

And yes, I also know that there is almost no way that the Pats draft all of them.

so seb he will fall to us with his "character" issues. he has less baggage than merriweather and some on this board want to draft him.

so seb he will fall to us with his "character" issues. he has less baggage than merriweather and some on this board want to draft him.

I want to draft Merweather, but didn't give him to NE in my mock, because of the baggage everyone harps about. Let's not turn this onto another 10 page "Meri-thug" thread. Anyways, someone else pointed that out about Tanard when I was interested in him.....

Last edited:
Ok instead of Jackson.

3rd round pick is Marcus Hamilton, Virginia

Not bad.....................

Last edited:
Moga,

There is no need to pound on someone.

I'm not the one you should be saying that to. That dude insults me in almost every single thread. Eye for an eye... tooth for a tooth kind of thing.

IMO, ANYONE who has Revis available @ 1.28, is picking with their heart and not their head. It is just not realistic. Why not just give us LaRon Landry? :confused:

BTW: This is not a knock on the guy who did this mock. I know that you listed multiple options. I was commenting on DaBruinz mock. Only because he beats his chest like he has draft knowledge, and then throws Revis out there @ 1.28.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes