PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

pats mock Draft 1.0

patsfan-1982

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I have the pats tradeing #29 to the eagles for there 2th round pick #35 and there 4th round pick #101. and the eagles Draft QB E.J. Manuel, with the pats pick, so that #35. #59. #91. #101. #226 and #235,

pick #35 pats Draft. Margus Hunt DE, SMU

pick #59 pats Draft. DeAndre Hopkins WR, Clemson

pick #91 pats Draft. Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State

pick #101 pats Draft. Travis Frederick , C/G, Wisconsin

pick #226 pats Draft. Damion Square, DT, Alabama

pick #235 pats Draft. Frank Alexander, DE/OLB Oklahoma

I think Hopkins could be a day one starter at WR and a big time play maker, Hunt I see starting by mid season at DE. Slay and Frederick will bring good dept at DB and OL. that's my mock Draft let me know what you guys think

I think Hopkins could be a day one starter at WR and a big time play maker, Hunt I see starting by mid season at DE. Slay and Frederick will bring good dept at DB and OL. that's my mock Draft let me know what you guys think

Not sure how I feel about the specific players, although I certainly wouldn't kick it out of bed. ;)

I don't think moving down for just a 4th round pick is enough. If the Eagles want to move back into the first round to take a QB then it's gonna cost them 34 and 67 and if they truly believe that they're getting their franchise QB then they are bound to "overpay" by the chart. It's also the difference between a 4 vs 5 year option.

I have the pats tradeing #29 to the eagles for there 2th round pick #35 and there 4th round pick #101. and the eagles Draft QB E.J. Manuel, with the pats pick, so that #35. #59. #91. #101. #226 and #235,

Not sure where this came from. He was drafted by the Panthers last year :)

It's a good mock but the Hopkins pick comes down to whether he was responsible for trashing his room at the combine. If so, I'd probably take him off my board completely although I think he's a very good receiver. But I wouldn't want someone that immature on my team (if it was him responsible).

Certainly could get very comfortable with Hunt and Slay though.

I like all of the guys you picked. But, I think Hopkins is going to be drafted before Hunt. I think he's going at the end of the first round. He doesn't have as many issues as the other top wr's. Austin's size, Patterson's weed and interviews, Hunter's ability to beat press coverage.

Love the trade down. We need some extra picks. Also, like the positions you targeted. DE, WR, CB and interior OL.

Excellent mock, I like the trade. Swap out Frederick for Barrett Jones and Alexander for Burkhead of Nebraska and that is pretty much my mock draft as well.

I really like Slay at CB.

Darius Slay's name alone makes me feel like he's going to be a beast at the next level. He sounds like a Transylvanian that has come to impale Wide Receivers.

I like the positions you drafted (with the exception of DE so high and DT so late) and the trade you made. The pick I like the least is Margus Hunt at 35.

I actually like Margus Hunt, I think he's gonna be a beast in the NFL, and may be a huge help in special teams (blocking kicks).

I actually like Margus Hunt, I think he's gonna be a beast in the NFL, and may be a huge help in special teams (blocking kicks).

Outside of Campbell in Arizona I can't think of another player that can add that type of height to a DL and is capable of playing end.

This could be someone who is a 6'8 JJ Watt or a someone who is out of the NFL before the end of his rookie contract that's the only concern I have is his body of work makes it to determine what he actually is.

Nice job buddy. This is one of the best mocks I've seen.

If the Eagles want our first, I'd be looking for a potential first rounder in return...if not two second rounders. Their current 2nd and a fourth is horrific value.

There needs to be a pick in at least the second round the following year to make it worth it.

I don't think Hopkins even falls that far...whether he is responsible for the room trashing or not.

I think Hopkins will be long gone by #59, look to Patton or Dobson.

I think Hunt is a waste of space. Keep #29 and snag a falling stud such as Datone Jones, Carradine, or Moore.

Slay may end up being a great ST player, but I don't think he's a starting CB in the NFL, now or later.

I think 101 is too high for a G/C. Nice values in the #140-180 section of the draft IMO however.

Well since I critiqued someone else's, here is mine:

Most teams see and feel the need to trade down in the later part of Round 1, BB may not get a very good deal, assuming we sit:

#29 choosing between the falling players:

Woods (WR), Hopkins (WR), Datone Jones (DE), Carradine (DE), Hankins (DT), Moore (DE - way high after the season, crapped out with minor injuries and bad times since, but the kid won't be 21 until Sep). I hope it's either Jones or Moore, but would like Hopkins and Woods just fine too.

#59 choosing between Patton (WR) or Dobson (WR) - if DL picked in 1st; if WR taken: Jenkins (DT - he's been falling...not the pressure up the middle guy, but an immovable object type)

#91 choosing between defenders: Cornelius Washington (DE), Blidi Wreh-Wilson (CB - a steal if he falls this far), Logan Ryan (CB), Swearinger (S - yeah, he's grown on me). Rambo/McDonald/Evans (S), Webb (CB)

Two 7ths among these: Cooper Taylor (S), Robert Lester (S), Brice Butler (WR), Dalton Freeman (C), any G or G/C that fell out of the 5th/6th round that are still on the board.

So, I'd really like Jones or Moore with the top pick, followed by Patton, or deal a few picks down for a 4th or 5th (for a G or G/C - Bailey? I wish.) and snag Dobson with the 2nd. Followed by a DB in the 3rd. Seems to fit team needs and talent availability pretty well.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back