PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats might just be guilty... [merged: Alleged picture]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats might just be guilty...

Moderator: Please merge this with the rest of the video fantasy posts, as this joker is nothing but a troll.

Moderator: Please merge this with the rest of the video fantasy posts, as this joker is nothing but a troll.

He wasn't a troll, he thought he had something and made an honest mistake. Stop jumping on the poor guy's back.

The camera in question was on the Pats Sideline, not the Jets sideline as was first reported.
Still, the rule is you can't have a camera, even on your own sideline, and film the opponent's coaches.

If you're saying the cameraman in question was on the Jets sideline, you got the wrong guy. He's a Jet guy.
Hmm, maybe he was spying on us?

Actually the camera was confiscated from the Pats sideline. The article on ESPN then said "The Patriots' cameraman was suspected of aiming his camera at the Jets' defensive coaches who were sending signals to their unit on the field, the sources said." The cameraman could have wandered to the Jets bench area take his video and then return. I didn't see him at all in the 4th quarter...

Hey, I hope this is all much ado about nothing and keep the season rolling along like it began yesterday...

Actually the camera was confiscated from the Pats sideline. The article on ESPN then said "The Patriots' cameraman was suspected of aiming his camera at the Jets' defensive coaches who were sending signals to their unit on the field, the sources said." The cameraman could have wandered to the Jets bench area take his video and then return. I didn't see him at all in the 4th quarter...

Hey, I hope this is all much ado about nothing and keep the season rolling along like it began yesterday...

What a stupid thing for us to send a cameraman over to the other team's sidelines without an Invisibility Cloak.

We better be more careful next time.

I visit many opposing team fan sites and have come to the conclusion that the more "Hate Threads" there are for a player or a team, the more they are respected and envied throughout the league.

The Patriots are the most hated/respected team in the NFL...let us rejoice!:D

This has to be the most amusing "scandal" I've seen in awhile..........

Mangina has the biggest set of brass balls I've seen in awhile. This is simply retribution for our complaints last year on the JETS obvious TAMPERING in the Meion situation.

Expect the silliness to continue unabated. :rolleyes:

Is everyone taking crazy pills?!? This is, by far, the stupidest "scandal" I've ever heard. The Patriots were trying to steal signs? Oh. My. God! What's next? Maybe we'll find out that sometimes offensive linemen try to hold without getting caught! Or, even worse, maybe a running back with ACT like he's going to cut one way ... and then go a totally different direction! That would be awful!

Pass the smellin' salts, Ida ... my constitution can't handle such a shock!

Is everyone taking crazy pills?!? This is, by far, the stupidest "scandal" I've ever heard. The Patriots were trying to steal signs? Oh. My. God! What's next? Maybe we'll find out that sometimes offensive linemen try to hold without getting caught! Or, even worse, maybe a running back with ACT like he's going to cut one way ... and then go a totally different direction! That would be awful!

Pass the smellin' salts, Ida ... my constitution can't handle such a shock!

Hahaha...amen to that. Some reason amidst the candy corn.

What a crappy day for anyone who loves football, and loathes melodrama...

Here is a pict of what I observed. I hope this guy works for the Jets.
Find Koppen and look up and you will see him. Mangini has his hands
on his hips on the left...

Attachments

• camera11.jpg
    camera11.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 3,070
Last edited:

Not exactly damning proof of anything...that looks fairly banal...was there another of these Zapruder film stills?

The camera in question was on the Pats Sideline, not the Jets sideline as was first reported.
Still, the rule is you can't have a camera, even on your own sideline, and film the opponent's coaches.

If you're saying the cameraman in question was on the Jets sideline, you got the wrong guy. He's a Jet guy.
Hmm, maybe he was spying on us?

There was a guy pointing his camera across the field when the Jets were on offense? He was wearing a green shirt and beige shorts?

I think the Patriots should look into this.

I'm done. Lets wait and see what the League Office has to say. Like I said I hope there is nothing to this.

If Mangini is signaling in adjustments as Brady is about to snap the ball, then no wonder the Jets lost yesterday.

Maybe he was just testing his wide angle lens.

There was a guy pointing his camera across the field when the Jets were on offense? He was wearing a green shirt and beige shorts?

I think the Patriots should look into this.

Whoa! Someone photographing a HC! I can say I've NEVER seen the cameras on the HC of an NFL team. No siree!

/sarcasm (for the impaired)

(Yes you were too)

Last edited:

Like I said previously I wouldn't put it past BB to have staged this purposely and outfitted said camera person with a camera with no/unused film/card in it simply to pi$$ Mangini off.

That would be a fricken hoot.

Keep up the good work. I am interested what else you can dig up. We all know that the "Pats versus Jets sideline report" could have easily been botched or misreported so I don't discount what you have to show. Also remember that a lot of people here have a serious problem being objective about anything.

My question is this.

Even IF there was a camera, and they did record the signals, there was no way they could effect this game. If it was either a camera or digital record the images would have to be processed and then matched up with game film. So how could this help them during the game?

Your right it couldn't, but the one and only thing it does is cast dispersions on the Pats and make excuses for the Jets.

I'm done. Lets wait and see what the League Office has to say. Like I said I hope there is nothing to this.

Ursa, sorry that everyone is jumping down your throat here. It's clear to me, at least, that you're not a troll.

BTW, the link from the Scouts.com site cited by Reiss says that the cameraman was taping on the Jets sideline (http://jets.scout.com/2/677745.html). So that, at least, supports this picture.

Still, I think this is much ado about nothing. I don't see how filming the defense call their signals helps the offense here. The defense gets set in reaction to what the offense calls. Other than giving you general tendencies (which you could get from the game film) I really don't see the advantage.

Incidentally, Peter King had a good quote today from Peyton Manning about the value of stealing another team's signals:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/09/09/Week1/4.html

Isn't that guy standing there completely obvious? He just wandered over to the Jets sideline and started taping right next to the coaches? And then wandered back to the Pats? So I don't think it's that particular guy, it just seems like he is asking to be caught.

Then again, the Pats seem like they were stupid/arrogant about this whole thing, so I guess it's not impossible.

Like I said previously I wouldn't put it past BB to have staged this purposely and outfitted said camera person with a camera with no/unused film/card in it simply to pi$$ Mangini off.

That would be a fricken hoot.

Funny...imagine if the league office started playing the tape, and all the guy really filmed was girls in the stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes