PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats might be starting off against 5 straight undefeated teams...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poker

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to research the last time this has happened?

I was looking at the Pats 1st 5 games to open the season, and if the Broncos beat Dallas next Sunday, their first 5 opponents will all have been undefeated:

Bills were 0-0 week 1
Jets were 1-0 week 2
Falcons were 2-0 week 3
Ravens were 3-0 week 4
Broncos are 3-0 and might 4-0 when we play them week 5

I'm sure it's happened--first 2-3 weeks have to be very common, but it must get increasingly rare for weeks 4 and 5 and the undefeated ranks thin a lot and the schedules have to line up just so.

The other obvious part of this is that the Pats early games are clearly no picnic, and if they can come through 4-1 or 3-2 that bodes well for their ability to play with other teams who at least started strong.

I'm looking forward to the Ravens game next week. It's going to be a great test for the Pats offense. In addition, the defense will have their hands full with the Ravens ground heavy attack and an emerging Joe Flacco.

This is a huge test for us next week. If we can beat the Ravens (the best team in the AFC right now IMO though it doesn't mean much) I think we are truly "back".:cool:

I thought it was cool when the Pats and Colts were both undefeated, and when they met it was the latest in the year that two undefeateds had met.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back