Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pats might be starting off against 5 straight undefeated teams...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Poker, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poker

Poker Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Does anyone know how to research the last time this has happened?

I was looking at the Pats 1st 5 games to open the season, and if the Broncos beat Dallas next Sunday, their first 5 opponents will all have been undefeated:

Bills were 0-0 week 1
    Jets were 1-0 week 2
    Falcons were 2-0 week 3
    Ravens were 3-0 week 4
    Broncos are 3-0 and might 4-0 when we play them week 5

I'm sure it's happened--first 2-3 weeks have to be very common, but it must get increasingly rare for weeks 4 and 5 and the undefeated ranks thin a lot and the schedules have to line up just so.

The other obvious part of this is that the Pats early games are clearly no picnic, and if they can come through 4-1 or 3-2 that bodes well for their ability to play with other teams who at least started strong.
  2. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I'm looking forward to the Ravens game next week. It's going to be a great test for the Pats offense. In addition, the defense will have their hands full with the Ravens ground heavy attack and an emerging Joe Flacco.
  3. TriplecHamp

TriplecHamp Rookie

Ratings:
    +47 / 1 / -0

#24 Jersey

This is a huge test for us next week. If we can beat the Ravens (the best team in the AFC right now IMO though it doesn't mean much) I think we are truly "back".:cool:
  4. xmarkd400x

xmarkd400x Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I thought it was cool when the Pats and Colts were both undefeated, and when they met it was the latest in the year that two undefeateds had met.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.