PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Make Vega Signing Official, Scott Likely Out

Vega has a fan in me. Just learned this morning he was born in my hometown of Randolph. He moved to Brockton when he was 7. Not that I wasnt already routing for him just for doning the Pats jersey and not that being from Mass wasnt enough too but would be real cool to see someone from the Dolph make it to the NFL and even cooler to see him contribute.

Good luck kid.

This likely isn't the type of signing that would preclude the team from signing Scott or anybody else. He is training camp fodder until he proves he is something more than that. Scott may or may not be re-signed but it won't be because of Vega. Scott has a year in the system and has shown pass rush ability, he would be a good signing depth wise if the price is right. Vega is a complete unknown at this point.

Vega is definitely intriguing. Especially as a candidate for OLB in the 3-4.

Vega seems to have good speed, explosion, and agility (based on his numbers). The big thing will be whether or not he can hold up against the run..

The "real" thing is whether Vega is ready to play at an nil level.

Vega is definitely intriguing. Especially as a candidate for OLB in the 3-4.

Vega seems to have good speed, explosion, and agility (based on his numbers). The big thing will be whether or not he can hold up against the run..

Didn't he kill the blonde chick in Street Fighter? Surprised Kraft would sign off on signing a murderer.

Vega is young and a CFL player that a few teams were after. I'm optimistic that he'll fit in with Pats. The way the injuries fly around the Pats locker room, we may be glad he was signed. As was stated above, let's see if he can make it thru camp. Two positions of need filled with a year or two of above college level experience isn't bad. :cool:

uwueles.jpg

Clowns to the left of me,
Jokers to the right, here I am,
Stuck in the middle with you.

This likely isn't the type of signing that would preclude the team from signing Scott or anybody else. He is training camp fodder until he proves he is something more than that. Scott may or may not be re-signed but it won't be because of Vega. Scott has a year in the system and has shown pass rush ability, he would be a good signing depth wise if the price is right. Vega is a complete unknown at this point.

I heard on the radio yesterday that according to Jeff Howe he was signed to a futures contract. If that's the case then he basically is camp fodder. Those deals are basically an invitation to come to camp for nothing more than the daily stipend. They don't count against the cap unless the player is on the 53 man roster when the bell rings.

uwueles.jpg

Clowns to the left of me,
Jokers to the right, here I am,
Stuck in the middle with you.

I do believe you're mistaking Mr. Blonde with Vincent Vega. No worries, though. Both were great movies (though I prefer Reservoir Dogs, personally)/

I do believe you're mistaking Mr. Blonde with Vincent Vega. No worries, though. Both were great movies (though I prefer Reservoir Dogs, personally)/

Nope one is Vic Vega the other Vincent. Terintino had ideas for a movie about these two brothers but it never happened.

Nope one is Vic Vega the other Vincent. Terintino had ideas for a movie about these two brothers but it never happened.

Lord knows that both Madsen and Travolta could use the boost that working in another Tarentino film might give to their careers.

Lord knows that both Madsen and Travolta could use the boost that working in another Tarentino film might give to their careers.

I think at this point if it were done it would be with new actors as they both died in their movies so it would have to be a prequel and I am not sure either could pull off younger at this point. In the late 90s early aughts when this was a possibility they probably could have pulled it off not so sure now.

Either way I would love to see it but I think Tarentino has moved on.

PS I fully agree Dogs was the better of the two but they are both two of my favorite movies.

Seen him play up here in Winnipeg. Good CFL player, not sure he has the chops for the NFL. Don't expect Cameron Wake here.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back