PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats [make offer to] Stallworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Patsf sign Stallworth

This is what they are saying on Pro Football Talk.

POSTED 4:18 p.m. EST, March 6, 2007

RUMORS OF STALLWORTH DEAL ARE NOT ACCURATE

We've received e-mails from several readers who have heard rumors (apparently on radio stations in the Boston area) that receiver Donte' Stallworth and the Patriots have agreed to a six-year, $32 million contract, with $12 million in guaranteed money.

Per a league source, there is no agreement between Stallworth and New England, and there isn't likely to be a deal in the short term. For now, the plan is for Stallworth to follow his visit to Foxborough with a trip to Tennessee and then to Miami.

Also, the Eagles have reportedly made an offer to Stallworth. We've confirmed that an offer has been made, but we have not been able to finable any of the terms.

If the Eagles re-sign Stallworth, they won't be required to upgrade the fourth-round pick that they sent to the Saints as part of the 2006 trade for the receiver to a third-round pick. The enhancement was required, we're told, only if Stallworth had been re-signed before becoming a free agent.

This PFT entry is old. It was written an hour before NFL.com changed their headline to, "Schefter: Stallworth agrees to deal with Patriots".

Please be true... please be true, someone get that confirmnation!!

This is what they are saying on Pro Football Talk.

POSTED 4:18 p.m. EST, March 6, 2007

RUMORS OF STALLWORTH DEAL ARE NOT ACCURATE

Also, the Eagles have reportedly made an offer to Stallworth. We've confirmed that an offer has been made, but we have not been able to finable any of the terms.

"finable"?

Someone on the Bills forum says Sirius Radio says Stallworth has cancelled his visits. Did anobody hear that?

Am I the only one who is refreshing four sites every three seconds?

I'll bet that we actually made this deal, but I wish they'd announce it all at once.

Am I the only one who is refreshing four sites every three seconds?

I'll bet that we actually made this deal, but I wish they'd announce it all at once.

whats the link to the bills forum?

This stuff is KILLING ME!! :(

see normally I would have posted this but since it is on nfl.com I thought it has some legs behind it

It was just changed.

Article was now changed to Stallworth receives contract offer

Jonny Handsome in the "are we the Redskins" claims he heard Adam Schefter on the Sirus radio say we signed him, FWIW.

Re: Not Confirmed

damn.. oh well, was fun for about 5 minutes

Someone on the Bills forum says Sirius Radio says Stallworth has cancelled his visits. Did anobody hear that?

Someone on the Bills board also claims that Pats have traded a 2008 2nd rounder for Moss and that it will be announced at 4pm PST (7 eastern).

Somehow I don't think I'm going to trust a Bills board right now.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=60762

Re: Not Confirmed

Nfl.com downgraded their headline to Stallworth receives offer

Dear god, these people are desperate to get the scoop on the story.

Hope it becomes reality though, i nearly jumped out of my seat when i heard stallworth was coming to NE.

Jonny Handsome in the "are we the Redskins" claims he heard Adam Schefter on the Sirus radio say we signed him, FWIW.

Don't take it for much. Look at his posts.

Can somebody change the thread title now?

Last edited:

I have a teleconference in my right ear and Sirius NFL in my left right now.

Wish me luck. :D

yeah, the link was wrong ... Stallworth just received a contract offer.

Well I got all excited when I thought this was true, so apparently I do hope the Pats get him! :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back