PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats [make offer to] Stallworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Patsf sign Stallworth

Yeah.. I saw that too.. He is reported that he was offered a contract, but didn't sign it (or so implied)

But the headline would imply that he did.

It appears to be a shotty journalism. The headline, at this point, is misleading.

On PTI they made reference to a report that says Stallworth may have violated his substance abuse program and once tested and if failed, he would miss some game this year.

If we signed him, does this concern anyone esle?

Geez I hope this is true. It almost makes weep thinking of Tom having all these guys to throw to. Think of the difference between opening day this year vs. opening day last year. Plus as mentioned we can use the draft to beef up the secondary and defence and we're the team to beat in the NFL, guaranteed.

Yeah.. I saw that too.. He is reported that he was offered a contract, but didn't sign it (or so implied)

That article is old; the headline is new. Leads me to believe something changed.

It says "Stallworth agrees to a deal with the Patriots," but then in the notes it says "Free agent wide receiver Donte Stallworth received an offer from the New England Patriots. He is scheduled to meet Wednesday with Titans officials in Tennessee and with the Dolphins on Thursday."

The latter only appeared in the last 5 minutes, by the way. I saw this and went there and, while the headline appeared, Schefter's notes column didn't mention Stallworth at all, so it was updated after the headline (someone else above reported that there was no mention of it in the article, but now there is).

I assume the headline is wrong, because PFT.com said a similar thing (league source said no agreement, plans to visit Tennessee).

Last edited:

Think its a problem with the NFL.com link. It should probably say "Pats offer Stallworth a contract".

I'm afraid this is one big dream

-Sign Adalius Thomas
-Sign Wes Welker
-Franchise Asante
-Sign Stallworth
-Ron Bogus gone for a couple months (at least)

SOMEBODY PINCH ME!

Yeah, Schefter is only reporting that he received an offer, the guy who made the link is wrong....

I'm afraid this is one big dream

-Sign Adalius Thomas
-Sign Wes Welker
-Franchise Asante
-Sign Stallworth
-Ron Bogus gone for a couple months (at least)

SOMEBODY PINCH ME!

hahah I hear ya man

Yeah, Schefter is only reporting that he received an offer, the guy who made the link is wrong....

Damn you NFL.com headline writers! :mad:

I think it would be safer to assume that the Pats made and offer and Stallworth is going to see if he can do better or a lot better elsewhere. If he can't or doesn't get blown away, he'll be back. Hell its not even St Patrick's day, I can wait :D

Last edited:

Did he say that on NFL Network?

It's hard to say which is right, but the headline does say:
"Shefter: Stallworth agrees to deal with Patriots." I'm looking at it as I type this.

Did he say that on NFL Network?

He hasn't said anything on NFLN. Right now they'ree showing the 1958 Championship. They just had a little NFLN Now segment during a commercial break and nothing was said about Stallworth.

Well signing Stallworth would totally revamp the Pats WR corps. Let's hope he inks the deal. I haven't seen anything about Stallworth on the Pats official website.

This is what they are saying on Pro Football Talk.

POSTED 4:18 p.m. EST, March 6, 2007

RUMORS OF STALLWORTH DEAL ARE NOT ACCURATE

We've received e-mails from several readers who have heard rumors (apparently on radio stations in the Boston area) that receiver Donte' Stallworth and the Patriots have agreed to a six-year, $32 million contract, with $12 million in guaranteed money.

Per a league source, there is no agreement between Stallworth and New England, and there isn't likely to be a deal in the short term. For now, the plan is for Stallworth to follow his visit to Foxborough with a trip to Tennessee and then to Miami.

Also, the Eagles have reportedly made an offer to Stallworth. We've confirmed that an offer has been made, but we have not been able to finable any of the terms.

If the Eagles re-sign Stallworth, they won't be required to upgrade the fourth-round pick that they sent to the Saints as part of the 2006 trade for the receiver to a third-round pick. The enhancement was required, we're told, only if Stallworth had been re-signed before becoming a free agent.

Someone on the Bills forum says Sirius Radio says Stallworth has cancelled his visits. Did anobody hear that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes