PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats lowballed Jureviscious and Finneran

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
according to Borges on Channel 7. Says the texans have a solid offer for Givens and the Titans have offered a better one, says the Pats went after Jureviscious but lowballed him, they also went after Finneran and gave him a low ball offer which he declined. Packers interested in Adam.

Thanks for YOUR information.

But i cannot imagine who might stoop to becoming a source of wRONg's "information"!

I would rather the pats to low ball average players then try to pay top buck for them. Joe Jurevicius isn't the answer to our quesitons. Givens is a perfect fit for us but if he is looking for $5 mill a season, someone can have them.

Pats do their best in the second half of Free Agency.. Picking up all the players teams dump because they signed new players :)

mcsully said:
I would rather the pats to low ball average players then try to pay top buck for them. Joe Jurevicius isn't the answer to our quesitons. Givens is a perfect fit for us but if he is looking for $5 mill a season, someone can have them.

Pats do their best in the second half of Free Agency.. Picking up all the players teams dump because they signed new players :)

couldnt agree more

remember its about VALUE

getting the best out of your $
look at it as an equation of $/value

so if jurivicius costs us $3 mill per yr
but patten gets released and costs us $1 mill
and we value jurivicius as a 7
and we value patten as a 5

3/7= .43
1/5= .2

u wanna pay less for ur value
so wed only be payin patten 200k for each value pt, as opposed to 430k for each value pt for jurivicius

(i hope everyone gets where im goin with this)

Last edited:
If Borges is reporting it, then its got to be Bogus. The guy is wrong more than he is right when it comes to the Patriots. In fact, if Jurivicius hadn't signed with the Browns, I'd say that he and Finneran would be signed in the next couple of days.

"according to Borges"

The phrase that says I have an agenda.

boy, i hate to say this, but i sort of want TO.....i just think it's a perfect fit....i think TO would be happy and settled here....brady is the only QB in the league that can live up to TO's expectations - manning could until January, then his act would get old....i think it would be neat if BB shocked the league by announcing his signing at some point in this offseason.

Maybe they are low-ball players? Ever consider that? We want high-ballers! :singing:

ayjackson said:
boy, i hate to say this, but i sort of want TO.....i just think it's a perfect fit....i think TO would be happy and settled here....brady is the only QB in the league that can live up to TO's expectations - manning could until January, then his act would get old....i think it would be neat if BB shocked the league by announcing his signing at some point in this offseason.
Well, that would explain them seemingly just being kicked back on this WR thing :) I'll admit it would intrigue me but it ain't happening . . . I don't think ;)

borges will say anything to make BB and SP sound like frugal employers and negotiators. On the other hand , had we signed finneran ,iam pretty sure he would have questioned the move just to oppose BB !

ayjackson said:

TO would complain about receptions. Brady spreads the ball too much for him.

If Borges is this negative while the Pats are consistently playing winning football, I couldn't imagine how he would be if we were losing. His articles seem to be more about pumping up his own ego rather than being substantive and analytical.

They are waiting for the WR thing to shake down..Patten?? Not bad at all..I am sure he has a few good years left. There may be others as well. Let the "big boys" have their fun with big bucks and figuring it out and..then the Pats will come in and scoop up a gem or two at discount prices. Borges always looks to make the Patriots out cheap...how many of these Big Spending teams is around in February??

Finneran is still out there, isn't he? Did I miss his signing?

Isn't it called a negotiation for a reason?

Who's to say what is a low ball offer how do you know the other team just didn't overspend? I know which team I am going to believe and they have 3 rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back