PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats loss to Bills: Bill O'Brien discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: That LOSS goes on Bill O'Brien

The Patriots offense was so good last year because of the balance, where is the balance this year? Brady already has almost 1000 yards passing.

The Patriots got overconfident and lost their lead with a combination of stupid mistakes and being one dimensional.

The fact that the patriots defense cant stop anyone is just one more factor, these guys need to figure it out quick, the raiders will run all over them and the jets even with their struggles are much more balanced already.

YEEEEEEEAH MAN!!!! Just like it was Charlies fault!! Oh, and then Mcdaniels!! Its always the OCs fault. :rolleyes:

Im a little surprised at the timing of this thread. I mean, its not like the offense hasnt been scoring :bricks:

Re: Why stop doing something that is working

For whatever reason, even when they run the ball well, they always go back to that pass happy emtpy backfield crap. (yes, im not a fan of this offense.lol)

Ahhh, I don't know if I place any blame on O'Brien myself.

Apparently, they did not feel as though the running game was all that effective, or I'm sure they would have continued to stick with it.

In all fairness, if Woodhead's pass is not tipped by him/throw too hard by Brady, they go up 28-3 and the game is put away right there...

Sometimes it's a bad bounce, a tipped ball (or two), and a couple of bad calls that do you in. In this case though, the defense is a sieve. An actual and literal sieve. Bart Scott is right, they couldn't stop a nose bleed.

IMHO--placing blame on BOB is looking too hard for a scapegoat, when the obvious answers are the defense and a bad bounce or two..

On to Oakland now boys and girls...it will certainly be another test. West Coast trip. Pumped up Raiders team with some offensive weapons etc. A strong pass rush at times..I wouldn't even dare to look past this one, but I'm sure some fans (likely the same ones) will continue to do so.

.I wouldn't even dare to look past this one, but I'm sure some fans (likely the same ones) will continue to do so.

I dont know how anyone can look past this one. This will be even tougher than I thought the bills game would be. I just didnt think we would lose to the bills :cool:

What world do some of you fans live in where BB does not OK the Offensive game plan each week.....it is not BOB just unleashing the passing game on his own with BB on the sideline begging for him to pound it down the other team's throats.....

They have both fallen in love with the passing game more so than the most hard core Fantasy Football geek....

Don't pin this offense on BOB......you can't spell BOB without a BB.

I did wonder why the play calling went back to passing, after Ridley was running so well!

Just hope the coaches realise this and go with what is working!

facepalm20collage203.jpg

I assume you must like three-and-outs from the Pats to give the Bills an
entire half of possessions when our defense couldn't stop a headache and
our running game offense couldn't get 10 yards in three downs?

Brady and the offense did well enough by themselves giving the ball to the
Bills to see what that result was. I'm sure that BOB dialed up those stupid
plays so that our well-oiled offense would appreciate the come-down after
the game. Are you one of those guys that find positives in a loss? Oh well,
you know what they say about opinions?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back