PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

pats lose another game at home to bears

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankiesfly

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
As bad as i want the pats to win, i dont see it happening. Last weeks victory wasnt a suprise, i knew the pats were going to blow out greenbay, playing another nfc team on the road, and just how good they been on the road period. Rex grossman hasnt had two bad games in row, and tom brady is going to do nothing but struggle against this bears defense. We all know how bad the pats are at home, and if they're going to win the game its going to have to be the defense that does it. The defense keeping it close and coming up with some key turn overs can and will be the only thing that can give the patriots a chance. The pats offense once again struggles at home.

They've been lousy at home this year, but since Gilette opened, the Pats have the best home record in the league, incluidng this year [pretty sure I read this]. So while they've played lousy at home, I don't think this is some disturbing trend. Based on a 4.5 year sample, they were due to lose a few at home.

All they have to do is get some pressure on Grossman. He'll make a few mistakes. Plus it's their 3rd game in a row on the road, a big break for the Pats.

I think the opposite will happen; with the new turf, the inability to develop home field advantage to this point and the attitude of this team both sides will shine this week. I have no doubt they will figure out the Bears, put up a good game plan and in all likelihood win by 2 td's.

they are DUE for a good game at home the bears are DUE for a bad game after 3 road games grossman hasnt faced a complexDlike the pats

dont get me wrong, i would love to see them win.

Its still the AFC vs. the NFC. I'll take the Pats in this one, especially since Chicago is playing their third road game in a row.

Maybe we should wait until after the game to dissect why they lost?

If you want to reverse jinx the team please don't do it here. All I want to hear are postive thoughts about the game. No negative waves man.

For crying out loud this is the 3rd road game in a row for the bears. They should have lost to the Cardinals and the Vikings! They are not the Chargers!

The Pats can win this game!

The new turf looks awesome. Can't wait for Sunday. May have to venture out to watch the game on HD.

DA Bears had trouble putting puts up on the Jesters and a whole bunch of other teams as well.

They only beat the Cards cause of a guy with like 3.5 speed (yeah I know that is impossible) on special teams.

They have been winning all year on Defense and ST.

Nothing is a sure thing; but I like our chances that we can execute on offense and put up a few on them and if we can do ok on ST; I am confident our D can hold them to under 10. ST is the question and the cause for concern if indeed the punter is hurt.

Jacky Roberts must be going through a manic phase. Just last week he predictied that we would lose to the Peckers, an NFC team.

Now, any AFC teams can beat the best NFC teams?????:eek:

It goes both ways. IF the Pats don't make stupid msitakes, IF the Pats can call up a good, balanced gameplan and not go apss happy as always, we should win this one. This game is big. The days of this team beating the **** out of lesser teams and falling to the "titans" needs to end this weekend.

I actually think the Pats win easily. One constant is BB loves picking on fairly inexperienced QB's. We have a veteran defense who will give Grossman so many looks he'll panic. They cant run the ball against us, but I feel we can run against them. Take the deep ball from the Bears and you beat them, pressure Grossman and you beat them. Its up to the Pats offense to take care of the ball, cause any turnovers would be a killer.

frankiesfly said:
As bad as i want the pats to win, i dont see it happening. Last weeks victory wasnt a suprise, i knew the pats were going to blow out greenbay, playing another nfc team on the road, and just how good they been on the road period. Rex grossman hasnt had two bad games in row, and tom brady is going to do nothing but struggle against this bears defense. We all know how bad the pats are at home, and if they're going to win the game its going to have to be the defense that does it. The defense keeping it close and coming up with some key turn overs can and will be the only thing that can give the patriots a chance. The pats offense once again struggles at home.

I kind of hope you are trying to use some weird reverse psychology type stuff, because if not this is a pretty poor post. Its one thing to title a thread I think or Why or something, but dont state it like it has happend and this is the day after. you are acting like Rex Grosman is the next tom brady not having two bad games in a row. The Bears are 9-1 and have pulled out some close games against weaker opponents.
It will and should be a tough game all around, but your reasoning of the Pats are not playing well at home, Grosman hasnt had two bad games in a row and Brady is going to struggle against the Bears (a tampa 2 defense which he normally does well against) just dont make much sense.

frankiesfly said:
dont get me wrong, i would love to see them win.

Dude I just don't see the Patriots going freaking 0-4 at home and so it looks like the Bears are going to be their whipping boys this weekend. I think the Patriots romp to be honest.

Last edited:
frankiesfly said:
0028629043.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Check this out

Belichick Confuses Bears By Putting Rex Grossman On Injury Report

FOXBORO, MA--Chicago Bears players and coaches were surprised on Tuesday morning to discover that their quarterback, Rex Grossman, had been listed as ?doubtful? on the New England Patriots injury report. After viewing the report, Bears coach Lovie Smith immediately called the Patriots front office looking for an explanation.

?Obviously all of our players are banged up in some way and we?ll just work with the guys who can get on the field,? Belichick said. ?I?m not going to get into who?s playing and who?s not playing, and which guy is on which team. We?re just going to evaluate each player as the week progresses. As for Rex, I think the injury report is pretty self-explanatory. He's doubtful. If you want more information, ask Lovie Smith, because we're not really responsible for other teams' players.?

http://thebrushback.com/grossman_full.htm

Patjew said:
Maybe we should wait until after the game to dissect why they lost?

But this saves so much time. Now that I've got Sunday free, I might take off for the long weekend.:p

For weeks teams have been using the same defensive formula against the Pats:

1. cheat your safties up into the box.

2. Blitz Brady up the middle so he can't step up to avoid the rush

Because the Pats pass game has been out of synch this strategy has worked over and over. But last week the Pats provided some indication that they finally might be turning the corner. It looks like Brady and Caldwell are finally on the same page (re their long TD). It is critical that the Pats make the Bears pay if they decide to blitz. The Bears have a good DL and esp a couple of good pass rushers in Brown and Anderson but they are no better than the Dolphins DL who we have handled OK in the past. If the OL can hold off the Bears DL they will be forced to blitz to stop Brady from dinking and dunking them to death. When that happens, the WRs *have* to make them pay. If they do, put this one in the win column cause the Bears Offense will struggle against the Pats.

Good analysis on the offensive shortcomings and strategy. I'd add that Da Bayiz D is opportunistic, forcing turnovers to win games. It's imperative that the receivers, RBs and the QB hold onto the ball. Fumbles and tipped balls will kill us against this team.

Fortunately, I think that the Pats D is capable of forcing turnovers from Da Bayiz.

frankiesfly said:
We all know how bad the pats are at home
They are dominant at home. If you want to manipulate data, of course, you can only look at last three home games and make pronouncements.

Why not say the Pats suck after losing a game because they lost back to back games recently?

The fact is that despite losing back to back games they rarely do, and despite losing three home games at Gillette this year, they rarely do.

On AROUND THE HORN tonight, someone said that Grossman and Brady were about equal because of stats. You must have loved that one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back