PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats looking at Randy Moss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

groundgame

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Schefter: Moss being heavily shopped

On the NFL Network saying the Raiders are burning the phone wires in a frantic attempt to trade WR Randy Moss this weekend.

Note: Count the Patriots as one of the teams who will pass on this train-wreck-waiting-to-happen.

Re: Schecter: Moss being heavily shopped

Donte Stallworth for Randy Moss.

Just kidding.

They knew what they were getting when they traded for him.

No sympathy there.

If they can move Moss, I expect them to draft Calvin Johnson. Then they will pick up a vet QB to throw to him. It's the Al Davis formula.

I never thought Moss would ever come here. Our offense is predicated on smart receivers who can make presnap adjustments and run clean routes. Moss is an one-dimensional player (although at his best his one dimension made him better than any other receiver in the game at the that particular time) who doesn't run clean routes and has never been asked to make presnap reads. I really don't know if he could be an every down WR without us changing our offense and take Brady out his game.

We have what, three/four sixths? A couple can't be traded but you wouldn't take a flyer on Moss for a sixth? I would, and since Moss is strongly rumored to just be cut if he's not traded, and since Hall cost the Rams a fifth, I'd say a sixth might be enough to get Moss to NE.

The only way I'd want Randy Moss is if the Pats also got Asomugha from the Raiders.

Heck, If the Pats can send Samuel and a 6th to the Raiders for Moss, Asomugha and their 2nd, I'd be a happy camper.

We have what, three/four sixths? A couple can't be traded but you wouldn't take a flyer on Moss for a sixth? I would, and since Moss is strongly rumored to just be cut if he's not traded, and since Hall cost the Rams a fifth, I'd say a sixth might be enough to get Moss to NE.

The 6th is not the problem. The problem is his 10 million dollar salary.

PFT reports that a deal for Moss is complete. They speculate that it's Moss to Green Bay for a 3rd, but there's no evidence behind that, just an educated guess.

Finally, a Randy Moss story! I was wondering what happened to that guy.:rolleyes:

I'm just passing on the link, so don't take it out on me:

LINK

New Raiders coach Lane Kiffin spent part of Friday trying to attract a first-day draft pick in exchange for Moss, who has not backed down from trade demands that began midway through last season.

The Green Bay Packers and New England Patriots are believed to have talked with the Raiders, but neither was willing to give up the asking price -- believed to be something as high as a second-round draft pick in today's draft.

"Nothing's been finalized," one team source said Friday, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

I'm just passing on the link, so don't take it out on me:

LINK

All this article says is what we all know. The pats told the raiders to screw when they asked for to much, and the raiders are grasping at straws claiming nothing is final.

I would be shocked if the Pats traded for Moss. If the Raiders were to accept a fourth rounder from the Pats, then I say they should go for it. The Pats would then be extremely deep at the reciever position with the addition of Moss. With that said, it is very unlikely that the Pats trade for Moss because I think the Pats would rather spend that draft pick on a younger player.

Well I doubt the San Francisco Chronicle has any moles within the Patriots organization. More like Al Davis told his local rag's beat writer that the Pats are interested in order to get Green Bay to cough up a higher draft pick.

Sorry to re-hash, but its not the draft pick value of the trade that will be the bugbear - surely its the exorbitant salary Moss will demand?

We have enough trouble re-signed 'quiet' over achievers like Branch and Samuel without bringing in a big mouth malcontent like Randy Moss.

Moss is going to the Packers - my guess would be next years 2nd rounder from Green Bay will get it done.

Sorry to re-hash, but its not the draft pick value of the trade that will be the bugbear - surely its the exorbitant salary Moss will demand?

We have enough trouble re-signed 'quiet' over achievers like Branch and Samuel without bringing in a big mouth malcontent like Randy Moss.

Moss is going to the Packers - my guess would be next years 2nd rounder from Green Bay will get it done.

Moss is under contract for several more years.

I know its nice to talk about, but Randy Moss will be a Packer .. The Talk of him coming to the Pats died when we got Donte Stallworth.. I will be very very very shocked if we got him ...

All this article says is what we all know. The pats told the raiders to screw when they asked for to much, and the raiders are grasping at straws claiming nothing is final.

This report isn't about what took place a few weeks back, but today. The Patriots were interested today, but the Raiders still wanted to much. Here's another version of the story as posted on ProFootballtalk:
"Despite an offseason in which the team acquired three receivers via trade and free agency, the Patriots have spoken with the Raiders regarding a trade for receiver Randy Moss, according to David White of the San Francisco Chronicle.

Though we heard earlier in the day that a deal for Moss is done, White reports (citing a team source) that "[n]othing's been finalized."

White's report corroborates rumors that the Raiders have been shopping Moss for a second-round pick.

Moss is owed a base salary of $9.75 million in 2007 and $11.25 million in 2008. None of the money is guaranteed, but the salary for a given year becomes guaranteed if Moss is on the opening-day roster."

This report isn't about what took place a few weeks back, but today. The Patriots were interested today, but the Raiders still wanted to much. Here's another version of the story as posted on ProFootballtalk:
"Despite an offseason in which the team acquired three receivers via trade and free agency, the Patriots have spoken with the Raiders regarding a trade for receiver Randy Moss, according to David White of the San Francisco Chronicle.

Though we heard earlier in the day that a deal for Moss is done, White reports (citing a team source) that "[n]othing's been finalized."

White's report corroborates rumors that the Raiders have been shopping Moss for a second-round pick.

Moss is owed a base salary of $9.75 million in 2007 and $11.25 million in 2008. None of the money is guaranteed, but the salary for a given year becomes guaranteed if Moss is on the opening-day roster."

A fourth, and make 'em renegotiate a "show me" contract.

lol...

do-not-want-dog.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back