PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats look to be SCARY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe you just said that either.... I bet someone hijacked your account...

Anyways, one of the things that may surprise you is that the Pats have probably had more "new faces" on each of their SB teams than most other teams have had. And they have been able to incorporate them nearly seamlessly.

The new faces on the Pats (righ now) are Kyle Brady, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Marcellus Rivers, Dante Stallworh and Adalius Thomas. Also the rookies Kareem Brown and Brandon Meriweather. But look at the leadership they still have. Seau, Bruschi, Harrison, Brady, Seymour, Izzo, Troy Brown.

Only Brady, Brown, Bruschi, Vrabel, Izzo, Seymour and Light remain from the SB 36 team. In addition, only Warren, Koppen, Neal, Samuel, Wilson, Harrison, Wilfork, Green, Colvin, and Gay remain from the SB 39 team. So, in 3 years, the Pats have replaced all but 17 of their players. That's pretty amazing when you look at it.

Kevin Faulk yo!

Premature Exultation Thread

Label this the Premature Exultation thread.

Stuff like this angers those on Olympus and in Valhalla.

Still ... that's what i saw - and felt - too.

I wonder how many Jets coaches slept well last night?

Re: Premature Exultation Thread

Label this the Premature Exultation thread.

Stuff like this angers those on Olympus and in Valhalla.

Still ... that's what i saw - and felt - too.

I wonder how many Jets coaches slept well last night?

Well, I gotta disagree with your in labeling of the thread because in no way does it go into claiming how the Pats will do. I purposedly stayed away from doing that because I didn't want to be too enthusiastic.

I can't believe you just said that either.... I bet someone hijacked your account...

Anyways, one of the things that may surprise you is that the Pats have probably had more "new faces" on each of their SB teams than most other teams have had. And they have been able to incorporate them nearly seamlessly.

The new faces on the Pats (righ now) are Kyle Brady, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Marcellus Rivers, Dante Stallworh and Adalius Thomas. Also the rookies Kareem Brown and Brandon Meriweather. But look at the leadership they still have. Seau, Bruschi, Harrison, Brady, Seymour, Izzo, Troy Brown.

Only Brady, Brown, Bruschi, Vrabel, Izzo, Seymour and Light remain from the SB 36 team. In addition, only Warren, Koppen, Neal, Samuel, Wilson, Harrison, Wilfork, Green, Colvin, and Gay remain from the SB 39 team. So, in 3 years, the Pats have replaced all but 17 of their players. That's pretty amazing when you look at it.

The pats are scary, there's no doubt about it. But, after last year, when NO ONE gave us(the Colt's) a chance going into the playoffs, I kinda like this underdog role. They played with a chip on their shoulder in the playoffs and thats what pulled them through, IMO.

Let the pats and every other team get the headlines, we'll just stay in the background until the games matter. Hopefully.:D

Imagine that defense we had against the Panthers + Richard Seymour and Warren. That's effing scary.

Then add Moss on offense.

plus Samuel and Wright and Faulk

Imagine that defense we had against the Panthers + Richard Seymour and Warren. That's effing scary.

Then add Moss on offense.

The pats are scary, there's no doubt about it. But, after last year, when NO ONE gave us(the Colt's) a chance going into the playoffs, I kinda like this underdog role. They played with a chip on their shoulder in the playoffs and thats what pulled them through, IMO.

NO ONE gave the Colts a chance going into the playoffs? REALLY? I don't remember that at all. Why would the Colts not have a chance? And I really doubt it was the "chip on their shoulder." It was THE SAFETY COMING BACK. Bob Sanders saved your D, don't sell that short.

The Colts don't strike me as a team that is all that motivated by emotion or disrespect. They are one of the most proficient, least emotional, MOST RESPECTED teams in the NFL. Bob Sanders may be a "chip on your shoulder" guy but few others are. That's a soft bunch you've got in Indy. Talented, though.

Last edited:
NO ONE gave the Colts a chance going into the playoffs? REALLY? I don't remember that at all. Why would the Colts not have a chance? And I really doubt it was the "chip on their shoulder." It was THE SAFETY COMING BACK. Bob Sanders saved your D, don't sell that short.

No one gave us a chance last year. All I heard for a solid week was how Larry Johnson was gonna run us right out of the building. I mean, we had the 31st ranked defense in the LEAGUE, for crying out loud. IIRC, before last year, no team had EVER won the SB with a run defense that was not in the top 15 in the league.

Many prognosticators had us as the least likely of all the PO teams to win it all.

No one gave us a chance last year. All I heard for a solid week was how Larry Johnson was gonna run us right out of the building. I mean, we had the 31st ranked defense in the LEAGUE, for crying out loud. IIRC, before last year, no team had EVER won the SB with a run defense that was not in the top 15 in the league.

Many prognosticators had us as the least likely of all the PO teams to win it all.
Yeah, I remember that.

KC was going to run all over Indy,and thats all braindead H.E did was try to run.

Indy was going to get stomped by Baltimore,but didn't.

I don't remember who the underdog was between NE and Indy, I think NE.

The Colts don't strike me as a team that is all that motivated by emotion or disrespect. They are one of the most proficient, least emotional, MOST RESPECTED teams in the NFL. Bob Sanders may be a "chip on your shoulder" guy but few others are. That's a soft bunch you've got in Indy. Talented, though.

LOL, soft my ass. Come November, we'll see who's soft. Looking forward to R Moss getting snapped like a toothpick. This D is fast and hard hitting. GAINED a few steps in the off season. Welcome to the friendly confines. We'll make certain we turn up the heat!!

The best looking thing from the Pats/Panthers game is the coming of Sammy Morris. He ran extremely well and will definitely pick up some carries for Laurence Maroney. With the questions about Maroney having too much to handle, the help from Morris will be a welcome addition.

The D is soft. The whole team hinges on Peyton Manning's play (unless they lose, then Peyton will tell you who to blame). Going into that Indy game the Pats will have a huge chip on their shoulder. It's a lot easier for a defense to look good when half the time teams are playing catch-up as they usually do against the Colts. With NE's revamped D, its going to look a lot like 2004 when the Colt's came to Foxboro in January.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back