QB vs. Opposing Defense: Edge Pats
RB's vs. Opposing Defense: Even
WR's vs. Opposing Defense: Edge Pats
OL vs. Opposing Pass Rush: Edge Jets

Pats : 4
Jets: 1
Even: 1

How would you rate them?

That's a pretty homeriffic view of looking at it but I can dig it. I would just change one thing...

Coaching: Edge Pats
Special Teams: Edge Pats
RB's vs. Opposing Defense: Edge Jets

4-2 Pats.

If I were going more in-depth, here is how I would rank them...

1. Coaching: Edge Pats
2. Quarterback: Edge Pats
3. RBs: Edge Jets
4. O-Line: Even
5. Tight End: Edge Jets
6. WRs: Edge Pats
7. D-Line: Edge Pats
8. LBs: Edge Jets
9. CBs: Edge Pats
10. Safeties: Edge Pats

6-3 Pats. I had originally given O-Line to the Pats as well but it's really too close to call when you take Alan Faneca into account. It's actually way too close to call. This game will determine if I was right or wrong. CBs I gave the edge to the Pats because, outside of Revis, I believe that our group AS A WHOLE is better than the Jets' group and the safety position was also extremely close. I gave it to the Pats for now because I didn't see the Rhodes-Leonard tandem really get tested in the Texans game. This week will, of couse, be a great test for that tandem. Meriweather and the combination of Sanders/McGowan were part of the team that helped keep T.O. and Lee Evans in check last week, so that influenced my decision as well.

I'll answer on Monday.

A little off topic, but don't want to start a new thread. If you are into making money on gambling on football, here's a lock - Tennessee against the Jets next week. If this is their Super Bowl, win or lose, they won't have anything left next week.

Special Teams: Edge Even

Pats : 3
Jets: 2
Even: 1

Which team has Tom Brady? 'Nuff said. :D

It' only been one game. So the only thing for sure is the coaching edge.

But if the jets win, doesnt matter how, they will be the greatest SB bound team in the universe. Everyone will tout 'Dirty' as the next great QB, the team will be called all pro and the coach a genius. YUK

In the same breath they will talk about the aging Pats and the loss of leadership. Blah...blah...blah...

Of course in 6 weeks, they'll still be the the same Jets as every year and well be the same 'old' Pats. Still leading the division.

That's a pretty homeriffic view of looking at it but I can dig it. I would just change one thing...

Special Teams: Edge Pats

4-2 Pats.

4. O-Line: Even
5. Tight End: Edge Jets
9. CBs: Edge Pats
10. Safeties: Edge Pats

6-3 Pats. I had originally given O-Line to the Pats as well but it's really too close to call when you take Alan Faneca into account. It's actually way too close to call. This game will determine if I was right or wrong. CBs I gave the edge to the Pats because, outside of Revis, I believe that our group AS A WHOLE is better than the Jets' group and the safety position was also extremely close. I gave it to the Pats for now because I didn't see the Rhodes-Leonard tandem really get tested in the Texans game. This week will, of couse, be a great test for that tandem. Meriweather and the combination of Sanders/McGowan were part of the team that helped keep T.O. and Lee Evans in check last week, so that influenced my decision as well.

Special Teams: Even

3-2-1 Pats.

4. O-Line: Edge Jets
5. Tight End: Edge Pats
9. CBs: Even
10. Safeties: Edge Jets

Changes: I think you did a pretty good job.

O-Line: Mangold is much better than Koppen because he often goes up against Big Vince one on one. Most of the time Mangold wins, while Koppen almost always needs help from a guard.

Tight End: The Pats have a better tight end duo than the Jets. If week 1 is any indication, Watson's production alone should give this advantage to the Pats.

CB: I think we can say that this even. The Jets have the best young corner in Darelle Revis, a former pro bowler in Lito Sheppard, but not much quality depth. We have an old Shawn Springs, but much more quality depth (Bodden, Wilhite, and Butler). Since we play more 3 receiver sets, their 3rd CB would become exposed.

Safety: I love Meriweather, but Kerry Rhodes has more experience and better stats over his career. After than, its between James Sanders and Jim Leonhard. I don't even feel like that match up is even worth an argument because neither are play makers.

That puts the Pats at 5-4-1. Its alot closer than people think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes