PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats/Jets Difference in a Nutshell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady'sButtBoy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
From ESPN NY-
"Defensive end Sheldon Richardson took solace in the performance of the defense, which sacked Tom Brady four times and limited him to 182 passing yards. Asked to describe how the defensive line fared, Richardson said, "Feasting. We had a feast out there."

Crowing about a loss, with a 3-12 record and getting your coach fired.

Maybe that's all you need to know...

Last edited:
Um yeah, but that's not what matters - exactly my point.
Your point is lost on me if you're saying pressure on Brady didn't matter. That pressure put the game in the jets control. Their D won the game for them, but their O lost it. The difference in the game wasn't Brady, it was Belichick. Brady was lassoed and hog tied my friend.

Jets were playing for pride only. They had their way with our ol. Did they buy them dinner at least? Yes they lost but Richardson did his part.

Your point is lost on me if you're saying pressure on Brady didn't matter. That pressure put the game in the jets control. Their D won the game for them, but their O lost it. The difference in the game wasn't Brady, it was Belichick. Brady was lassoed and hog tied my friend.
The point is that he was crowing about how their defense dominated when they lost the game, and have lost 12 other games this year, along with their head coach. It's called being a professional.

What I damn think is that if we had gotten some pressure on Geno (who easily comes apart) this would not have been a game. He had way more time to throw than did Brady--except in the closing possessions. It seemed like we were playing this game in the PREVENT LOSS mode and thus the 17-16 win.

Translation of above: Brady would have been better if the defense would have been let loose, and thus given the offense more swagger--and space to move.

The point is that he was crowing about how their defense dominated when they lost the game, and have lost 12 other games this year, along with their head coach. It's called being a professional.
Would eviscerated have been a more professional term for you? That line got bent over and spread wide open for 3 and half quarters. He got asked a question and he answered. They defense did a phenomenal job but because they're the Jets, they found a way to lose.

From ESPN NY-
"Defensive end Sheldon Richardson took solace in the performance of the defense, which sacked Tom Brady four times and limited him to 182 passing yards. Asked to describe how the defensive line fared, Richardson said, "Feasting. We had a feast out there."

Crowing about a loss, with a 3-12 record and getting your coach fired.

Maybe that's all you need to know...
You left out his next sentence: "Just didn't get the victory."

Would eviscerated have been a more professional term for you? That line got bent over and spread wide open for 3 and half quarters. He got asked a question and he answered. They defense did a phenomenal job but because they're the Jets, they found a way to lose.
Way to completely miss the point.

Your point is lost on me if you're saying pressure on Brady didn't matter. That pressure put the game in the jets control. Their D won the game for them, but their O lost it.
That is such a strange assessment ... I didn't see New Jersey's defense score any points putting them ahead. Or, maybe the Patriots offense lost the game but the Patriots defense won it? o_O

Way to completely miss the point.
Please enlighten me on what point your trying to make because it's must not be a good one if it keeps going over my head. He got asked a question and truthfully answered it. What do you want him to say? "Oh the defense played great but because our offense sucks ass, we couldn't get it done" Maybe if you actually read the article, you would know he mentioned not winning.

"
Pats/Jets Difference in a Nutshell

The Pats are 12-3 and have home field advantage for the playoffs.

The Jets are 3-12 and looking at yet another organizational rebuild.

That's it in a nutshell.

Did Denver lose already? ;)

Please enlighten me on what point your trying to make because it's must not be a good one if it keeps going over my head. He got asked a question and truthfully answered it. What do you want him to say? "Oh the defense played great but because our offense sucks ass, we couldn't get it done" Maybe if you actually read the article, you would know he mentioned not winning.

They gave up 17 points at home to a team that was missing Connolly, Blount and Edelman.

His Safety proclaimed the Jets the "best 3-12 team in history".

Everybody gets a trophy!

They gave up 17 points at home to a team that was missing Connolly, Blount and Edelman.

Everybody gets a trophy!

That's funny because in the last drive when the Jets needed a stop badly that OL helped the team drive 50 yards down the field to win the game.

And Richardson had one tackle the entire second half. His team lost. He can't really crow much, but he can eat a bit of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes