PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATs/JETs advantages

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR4

In the Starting Line-up
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering how you all see the matchups.
If you want to respond just copy and paste below and
put a * before the unit that has the avantage

If neither team has an advantage for a unit, just leave as is.

---------------------------------------------------
PATS run Offense vs JETs run Defense
----------
PATs Pass Offense vs JETs Pass Defense
---------
JETs run Offense vs PATs run Defense
----------
JETs Pass Offense vs PATs Pass Defense
-----------
Special Teams (ST)
----------
PATs ST Offense vs JETs ST Defense
---------
JETs ST Offense vs PATs ST Defense
----------
PATs Playoff Experience vs JETs Playoff Experience
-----------
PATs Coaching vs JETs Coaching
----
other:

Last edited:
---------
JETs run Offense vs PATs run Defense
:confused:

The Jest is averaging 3.5 YPC. We were allowing about 3.4 YPC until Wilfork got hurt and he'll be back (I assume, I guess I don't know for sure). The last time we played Warren was out.

This is one of the bigger advantages for the Patriots.

The Jest is averaging 3.5 YPC. We were allowing about 3.4 YPC until Wilfork got hurt and he'll be back (I assume, I guess I don't know for sure). The last time we played Warren was out.

That 3.5 ypc is the whole year right? I wonder how they look over last
six games. It seems Washington has been a spark to their run offense.

Nope: you're right .... over last 6 games they averaged just 3.2 ypc
and against teams with good run Ds only 2.9!

Last edited:
That 3.5 ypc is the whole year right? I wonder how they look over last
six games. It seems Washington has been a spark to their run offense.
Washington is averaging 4.3. But since his breakout game way back in Week 7 the only games in which he's averaged 4.0 or better are ones in which he's had 7 carries or less. Cedric Houston is getting most of the carries but he's largely sucked.

Bottom line, with Vince in I think we can stop anyone's running game and The Jest's running game in the least of my concerns.

Now, Washington as a receiver out of the backfield, that's a little more worrisome.

*PATS run Offense vs JETs run Defense
----------
*PATs Pass Offense vs JETs Pass Defense
---------
JETs run Offense vs *PATs run Defense
----------
JETs Pass Offense vs *PATs Pass Defense
-----------
Special Teams (ST)
----------
PATs ST Offense vs JETs ST Defense
---------
JETs ST Offense vs PATs ST Defense
----------
*PATs Playoff Experience vs JETs Playoff Experience
-----------
*PATs Coaching vs JETs Coaching
----
other:

Offensively and Defensively, I don't see where the Jets would have an advantage against the Pats.

I'd forgotten Warren was out. Funny, isn't it, if Sey was out, it would be all over the news, "Oh yeah, the big man was out, that explains everything. Don't blame BB or credit Mangini -- Seymour didn't play."

So, Warren is chopped liver? He's been the strength inside of the run defense all year, AND the QB pressure. Not that Wilfork or Seymour are slouches, but missing Warren is huge and that game, IIRC, we lost the battle at the LOS.

Man, that completely changes the picture for me. Not that I'll look past Sunday, but I'll look forward to Mr. Washington spending the day under half a ton of sweaty linemen. While I sit back and enjoy.

Bring it on, baby, bring it on!

-Since the Jets game we have installed a new field after that mud bowl.

-The patriots will have Ty Warren back for this game and Stephen Neal who many people forgot that he did not play and how good he has been this season.

-Barlow and Dillon were the main rushing players in the game and its not surprising based on how bad the field conditions were that too big power running backs had a severe advantage over guys like Maroney and Washigton.

-A surprising statistic is although we passed for more yards and ran for more yards we were still beaten. That's puts a question in my mind that small ball had to come into play.

-Brady was sacked 4 times for a loss of 21 yards and a fumble and also threw an interception. Gabriel also fumbled on a poor play that he should not have fumbled on if it wasn't for very poor ball protection. The Jets defender easily knocked the ball out of his hands.

-Patriots 3rd down percentage was 25%. Meaning the Jets defense was more than ready to defend the Patriots and knew certain plays that were coming.

I worry most about Mattissa Light letting Brady get hammered from his blind-side by the Jets. Against the Titans the Pat's returned to putting Graham on the left-side to help out Mattissa - last season it was to help out Kaczur. Why McDaniels didn't put Graham over there earlier in the season is beyond comprehension - it could have meant at least one more win. If Mattissa is left by himself to do his door-mat routine it greatly affects Brady's rhythm and confidence.

I worry most about Mattissa Light letting Brady get hammered from his blind-side by the Jets. Against the Titans the Pat's returned to putting Graham on the left-side to help out Mattissa - last season it was to help out Kaczur. Why McDaniels didn't put Graham over there earlier in the season is beyond comprehension - it could have meant at least one more win. If Mattissa is left by himself to do his door-mat routine it greatly affects Brady's rhythm and confidence.

I'm sorry, but when I see garbage like this posted, I just have to call it out. Slamming Matt Light with childish insults and bogus accusations is just ridiculous and shows you really don't follow the line play all that well. Last I looked, Light had only given up 4.5 sacks (He may be up to 5 or 6 by now) It was still significantly less than what he gave up either of his 1st 2 years.

Light does have trouble with speed rushers like Taylor, Freeney and Schoebel. But ALL the LTs in the league have problems with them. Every O-Lineman has had issues this year.

When Brady got tagged by Kerry Rhodes versus the Jets, it wasn't Light's fault. Rhodes isn't Light's blocking assignment.

If you are going to slam a guy, how about actually coming out with FACTS instead of innuendo and garbage?

-Since the Jets game we have installed a new field after that mud bowl.

-The patriots will have Ty Warren back for this game and Stephen Neal who many people forgot that he did not play and how good he has been this season.

-Barlow and Dillon were the main rushing players in the game and its not surprising based on how bad the field conditions were that too big power running backs had a severe advantage over guys like Maroney and Washigton.

-A surprising statistic is although we passed for more yards and ran for more yards we were still beaten. That's puts a question in my mind that small ball had to come into play.

-Brady was sacked 4 times for a loss of 21 yards and a fumble and also threw an interception. Gabriel also fumbled on a poor play that he should not have fumbled on if it wasn't for very poor ball protection. The Jets defender easily knocked the ball out of his hands.

-Patriots 3rd down percentage was 25%. Meaning the Jets defense was more than ready to defend the Patriots and knew certain plays that were coming.

- The Pats were without Stephen Neal. Billy Yates filled in for him. This affected our running game because the Pats didn't pull with Yates at all that game that I remember.

- The Pats were without Stephen Neal. Billy Yates filled in for him. This affected our running game because the Pats didn't pull with Yates at all that game that I remember.

Neal - out
Warren - out
Seymour - recovering from the elbow injury, got pulled because ineffective
Hill - in (this may have been our bigest problem against the run)

Neal - out
Warren - out
Seymour - recovering from the elbow injury, got pulled because ineffective
Hill - in (this may have been our bigest problem against the run)
Hill didn't actually play a lot did he ? I would think Green or Wright would have done.

Hill didn't actually play a lot did he ? I would think Green or Wright would have done.

When the Jets continually ran over his sector, Hill got pulled.
Wright played some DE and did not have a great game.
Green and Wright ended up with most of the snaps with Warren out and Sey pulled.

Hill was a substitute but Green had a good majority of snaps so i didnt really see his point.

When the Jets continually ran over his sector, Hill got pulled.
Wright played some DE and did not have a great game.
Green and Wright ended up with most of the snaps with Warren out and Sey pulled.

Hill was only in for marginal downs. If they ran to his side every time he was in then i think that says something about his playing ability.

Wright was a DE last year but this season he has primarily played the inside of a 4-3 and NT of a 3-4. Switching back to a DE is possible but when playing so much on the inside your bound to lose some of your efficiency on the outisde.

Hill was only in for marginal downs. If they ran to his side every time he was in then i think that says something about his playing ability.

Wright was a DE last year but this season he has primarily played the inside of a 4-3 and NT of a 3-4. Switching back to a DE is possible but when playing so much on the inside your bound to lose some of your efficiency on the outisde.

Look at the Titans game and the long runs against us. Right over Hill who had subed in. Then Warren came back in, gave up one more big gainer (he didn't contain from the LDE as they ran outside) and then settled down into his usual run crushing game.

Wright has played better with increasing game experience. He really did well subing for Wilfork, no small task - literally and figuratively.

As I recall from my Jets@Razor look, Sey was in Warren's spot and having trouble, Green did okay in Sey's spot, Mangold and the G's were getting the best of Vince. Wright also struggled some subbing for Sey. I don't even recall Hill being in that game, but it was probably a handful of snaps if that.

As I recall from my Jets@Razor look, Sey was in Warren's spot and having trouble, Green did okay in Sey's spot, Mangold and the G's were getting the best of Vince. Wright also struggled some subbing for Sey. I don't even recall Hill being in that game, but it was probably a handful of snaps if that.

You are correct. Seymour played about half the game in Warren's spot. He did not play well when he was in, nor did Wilfork who had his worst game of the year by far. Wright and Green were non entities.

The entire DL, man for man played far below where they are playing now and where they have played most of the year. The Jets will see a big difference on Sunday.

I'm moderately concerned about Washington's speed against our LBs. That's the biggest one. They ran the ball pretty well the last time, don't care what the numbers were. Our D couldn't get off the field. But full strength this time on the DL (even though no Harrison), I'm really looking forward to this game.

Washington speed and our OL protecting Brady which they didn't do well last time are the biggest concerns. But I can't see them getting manhandled again by the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing