PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats - Jaguars post game reactions and analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet to watch the game, but hoping to find a download today :D

But liking what I have read about some players :)

Re: My Backfield Binkies

The first time I saw Woodhead play last year, literally within 1 to 2 plays, I decided he would be my binky. Of course a few players later, he was EVERYONE'S binky thanks to his performance.

Ridley has convinced me with his first run tonight. I didn't know much about him other than that he was a captain from LSU and stayed for his senior year. I vaguely knew he was the "power" back of our two draftees, while Vareen was the "Faulk-ish" back. But I didn't realize how much speed he had, and his first play showed more wiggle and vision that Maroney ever did.

Every year it seems a 2nd or 3rd round rookie RB explodes for some team after he was drafted with little fanfare. I rarely have such gut reactions, but watching Ridley play makes me feel like he could have a very good year.

Benny better watch his back.

Meanwhile the captain and crew are back reading their Street & Smith draft mags and muttering how the kid from Okefenokee U is just so much better than Tom Brady, who should be peremptorily cut. The captain's ire was enormous for months, over "wasting" draft picks on Ridley and Mallett.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Re: Greg Bedard analysis of last night's defense

Bedard has quickly jumped to the top of my list of must reads.
Patspropaganda.com has some quality stuff as well.

Re: Bruschi on tap: observations from a real player

Regarding the Kick off coverage.. Marques Murrell was horrible. And Tarpinian was only slightly better.. which isn't saying much.. I was very disappointed.

Tracy White and Matthew Slater looked to be close to hitting their mid-season form.

There were a lot of different pieces on the kick coverages that won't be there cone the start of the season. Heck, they may not be there next week. It's not an area of concern,yet..

A nice read and he is square in the black with his comments, as usual. I like him as a commentator and analyst, because he won't pull his punches.

Some commentators have dismissed Hoyer's performance, Bruschi didn't although he seems to have forgotten the game tape Hoyer generated last year in the reg season finale. HE would help more than a few teams he is ahead of where Cassell was at this point in this career.

I think he makes a real good point with the 4-3 and 3-4. All indications point to the conclusion that there will not be a "base" D for this season. Rather, we will go with what is the best matchup for the forthcoming week.

One thing I'd like to point out is how similar the 4-3 under is to the type of 3-4 BB likes to run. The only major difference is a matter of technique (e.g., the 40 front in the 4-3 are 3 point).

Thoughts?

Re: My Backfield Binkies

Meanwhile the captain and crew are back reading their Street & Smith draft mags and muttering how the kid from Okefenokee U is just so much better than Tom Brady, who should be peremptorily cut. The captain's ire was enormous for months, over "wasting" draft picks on Ridley and Mallett.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

For all that the homers were bagging on the non-homers in the offseason, BB, by his actions, has pretty clearly shown the non-homers to have been correct in their assessment of the team.

Finally watched the game (first half yesterday, second today)

I thought Hoyer is better than a few NFL starters on other teams, and could easily get us a decent pick! Also impressed with Mallett, and yes he is a rookie, and isn't TFB, he still looked impressive!

If Price continues to show like he did, I can't see him not making the 53! His 50 yard reception showed he can make players miss!

Fletcher is another great pick-up for BB! I liked him last season, but I think BB is testing him as another possible leader!

And I liked Buddy Farnham, and his versatility could see him sneaking on the team, depends if he can play ST!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back