PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats - Jaguars post game reactions and analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Belichick a fan of Mankins, Fletcher & Anderson

I didn't count or anything, but one of the guys at PatsPulpit credited Anderson with 8 hurries:eek:

I wonder if there is any chance that the Pats keep both Carter and Anderson?

Who said good pass rushers in Football are like good pitchers in Baseball. You can't have too many of them ?

I have them keeping Ellis, Carter, Anderson, and Cunningham. The big cut there is Moore.

Definitely keeping Moore, he was a rare find last year, the best rusher they had by far.

I'm a little confuse-eed as to why BB has so many DTs in camp. He can only keep about half of them.

I think Haynesworth gets cut though.

Definitely keeping Moore, he was a rare find last year, the best rusher they had by far.

And they've added four who are better since then.

FWIW Anderson is also 2 years and 3 months younger than Moore. We have signed so many over 30 year old pass rushers this season ( Hayneworth, Ellis, Carter ), that Anderson's youth won't hurt him either.

Last edited:

I could be nit picking solder here but something I noticed last night was that he got beat on a spin move on the td their to price. Hopefully he can fix that soon, otherwise he played very well.

My thoughts on last night's game

The Good:

1) Stevan Ridley - Granted, it was against the Jags 2nd and 3rd stringers, but Ridley played extremely well

2) Hoyer - Showed why he's the #2 for another year and WILL be a hot commodity next spring.

3) Fletcher - Took a few played to get warmed up, but once he did, WOW...

4) Solder/Maneri/LeVoir - These 3 guys played extremely well as the LT, RT, and RG. I was actually surprised to see LeVoir out there at RG, but that shows versatility and could earn him a spot.

5) Daryl Richard - Played extremely well last night.

The Bad:

1) Sergio Brown - He had a bad night.

2) Darius Butler - I didn't want to put him here because he actually played a pretty good game. No penalties. Wasn't really out of position. But never really made a play either.

The UGLY

1) Carson Butler - The guy does not know how to block. His failure to block his assignment properly on both of Edelman's returns led to poor field position

2) Marques Murrell - This guy was horrible on kick coverage. He got washed out every time by only one guy and on 2 occasions took a teammate with him.

3) Jonathan Wilhite - Drew a penalty. Wasn't good on special teams, over-running Deji Kareem twice before making the tackle.

Re: My thoughts on last night's game

I can't argue with anything you posted...EXCEPT...Maneri is not very adept at pass blocking...not that he isn't a good player with upside..he is...he just sucks at pass blocking so far

I can't argue with anything you posted...EXCEPT...Maneri is not very adept at pass blocking...not that he isn't a good player with upside..he is...he just sucks at pass blocking so far

Sorry. But I made it a point to watch him as he played both RT in the 1st half and LT in the 2nd half. He's not Light or Vollmer, but he's not Grant "Turnstile" Williams or Kenyatta Jones either.

Neither Hoyer nor Mallett were sacked. You also have to remember that Maneri only has ONE season as an OT.

If you want to talk about lousy blocking, we can start with Smith and Yeatmen.. Both were underwhelming, imho.. but no enough to list them as "BAD".

that's why I qualified my post...I saw Maneri get rushed into the backfield ala Todd Rucci in his prime a couple of times...brought back real bad, bad memories...I think it's a leverage thing with his technique...overall, I have to say I'm very pleased with where Maneri is at this point. He pulled and destroyed defenders a number of times on run plays.

Hmm, I didn't see Yeatman all that much, but
I saw solid blocking from Smith on the plays that I was watching him. Can't say I saw what he was doing on every play though.

I have just looked at a few series so far.

I thought Love looked good he seemed to draw a double team on most plays.

Richard was getting single teamed when playing DT he looked better when they put him at DE.

A few times Fletcher had a guard get on him they were getting by Richard, that was corrected later Weston went in.

He got pressure on the qb almost every time he got put in at the beginning of the game. When it was in doubt. He beats out E. Moore on my 53. My 4 de's are S. Ellis, J. Cunningham, A. Carter and M. Anderson. 4 DT's. Vince and Fat Albert. M. Wright. M. Pryor and R. Brace. G. Warren could beat out Pryor or Brace.

i think kyle love will make the team.

he seems to be locked in as wilfork's backup as a true noseguard.

If you look at the ability to play standing up, it's not clear that Moore is surpassed by all the other guys.

It's also not obvious that Ellis should be lumped in with the outside rushers.

If you look at the ability to play standing up, it's not clear that Moore is surpassed by all the other guys.

It's also not obvious that Ellis should be lumped in with the outside rushers.

Well they didn't give him $4M to splits snaps with Wilfork and Haynesworth.

There is about 8 mix matched threads dumped into this thing.

I could be nit picking solder here but something I noticed last night was that he got beat on a spin move on the td their to price. Hopefully he can fix that soon, otherwise he played very well.
If the worst thing he does is get 'beat' on a play we have enough time to throw a TD 15 to 20 yards beyond the los, we don't have much to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back