PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Involved in Another Spying Incident?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacecrime

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I couldn't make up anything a dumb as this.

Comcast's home page asks, "Pats Involved in Another Spying Incident?" but the link is to the Newsday story.

I mean, I know stories are slanted, but isn't that question a little too misleading?

Here are Comcast's top sports stories.

Today in Sports

O's Trade Miguel Tejada
Heat Cut Penny Hardaway
Rowand Signs with Giants
Jones Banned from Beijing
NFL Rankings: Who's No. 2?

More Sports

http://www6.comcast.net/

Wow. I didn't know Comcast was located on Coney Island wahjeez.

not to hijack the thread, but why isn't the NFL requesting that video tape so they can review it and see what was on it?

The rule was broken - the Patriots don't have the power to grant permission to break NFL rules.

The NFL needs to review that tape to ensure the continued integrity of the game.

not to hijack the thread, but why isn't the NFL requesting that video tape so they can review it and see what was on it?

The rule was broken - the Patriots don't have the power to grant permission to break NFL rules.

The NFL needs to review that tape to ensure the continued integrity of the game.

It's the same way politics is, when the media makes it either opportunistic for them to do so or detrimental if they ignore it they will. The middle ground is swept under the carpet.

You are missing the point. Filming signals is not the issue, camera location is. You can’t state that the Jest received a competitive advantage, just like the NFL said about the Patriots so the Jest should get the same punishment as the Patriots. The punishment for filming from an unapproved location is already established. It was nice of the Jets to confess, after denying it before. It is an open and shut case as long as the NFL is not rigged. .

You are missing the point. Filming signals is not the issue, camera location is. You can’t state that the Jest received a competitive advantage

You're close, but still missing it - the point is YOU can't state they were gaining a competitive advantage - nor can I, nor anyone else - we haven't seen the tape.

I hope no one's actually swallowing the dung about camera angles supposedly preventing the Jets from taping signals.

THAT'S WHY THE NFL NEEDS TO DEMAND TO REVIEW THE TAPE. That's the only way to know.

Back to the ontopic issue - the reason ESPN did that is because they know that the Patriots could have fostered this story long ago.

The reason they didn't boys and girls? I'll be you already know!

Belichick held the story until now to keep the Jets off balance for his next game against them. He gave himself a competitive advantage by holding this story until now. ESPN knows this and they wanted to tweak him a bit by going with a "backfiring" type headline. They know its the Jets embroiled in this controversy, not the Patriots - obviously.

You're close, but still missing it - the point is YOU can't state they were gaining a competitive advantage - nor can I, nor anyone else - we haven't seen the tape.

Got it,

True if they did get an advantage they would be subject to a much harsher punishment that the fines and loss of the 2nd and 3rd they are automatically subject to as a result of their admitted infraction.

ahahahahahaha!!! that's classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey