PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats interested in Clinton Portis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, good old Bitonti of Jets Insider fame. Another self-appointed draft 'guru' who knows about as much as my dog. I think scouts from NFL teams drop these nuggets within earshot of web guys like this to see who can get the stupidest rumor out there.

I don't think the Redskins could do that trade. The acceleration of Portis' signing bonus would probably put them over the cap. The only way they might be able to make it work would be to trade him after June 1.

If we ever acquire Chris Henry i will never be a Patriots fan again.

That guy is the epitome of ****.
I believe Mav is discussing the kid from Arizona who ran around 4.4 at 230 vice the turd in Bungals' colors.

Ah, good old Bitonti of Jets Insider fame. Another self-appointed draft 'guru' who knows about as much as my dog. I think scouts from NFL teams drop these nuggets within earshot of web guys like this to see who can get the stupidest rumor out there.

:D :D .....................

After reading that paragraph how much legitamacy do you put on this guy?

That being said I would LOVE Portis in a Pats uni...and I wouldn't mind seeing Chris Henry either.

The only thing is Portis whines alot about # of carries, and with Maroney here, that could be an issue.

As for Chris Henry, I spell Henry "PUNK". I'll pass.:)

I wouldn't want any part of Portis, I think he is way overrated. I'd rather bring Dillon back.

If we ever acquire Chris Henry i will never be a Patriots fan again.

That guy is the epitome of ****.

You do realize that there is a Chris Henry (a running back) in the draft, correct? Not the WR from the Bengals.

I wouldn't want any part of Portis, I think he is way overrated. I'd rather bring Dillon back.

For what it's going to cost to sign them, I'd rather say hello to Correll Buckhalter to be the number 2 guy. The time for Maroney is now.

Good point. Portis does not strike me as the "Sharing" type.

Thats is not true. Ladell Betts and Rock Cartright had no issues with Portis at all.

Winning also has a large effect on guys who are in his situation.

This makes no sense to me.

Portis is a proven back and Maroney isn't... yet.
Dunno sounds like a pretty good duo to me.
Both of them can take it the distance any time they touch the ball.
I'd like to see both of them in the backfield at the same time.
Now who will the defense key on?

For what it's going to cost to sign them, I'd rather say hello to Correll Buckhalter to be the number 2 guy. The time for Maroney is now.
Portis excelled in Denver behind a zone blocking O-line. Maroney excelled at Minnesota behind a zone blocking O-line. There are reports the Pats will be going to a zone blocking scheme to make the most of Maroney's ability (and help him read his blocks better). I can see why the Pats might be interested in Portis, I doubt Buckhalter would do as well should this prove true.

Portis excelled in Denver behind a zone blocking O-line. Maroney excelled at Minnesota behind a zone blocking O-line. There are reports the Pats will be going to a zone blocking scheme to make the most of Maroney's ability (and help him read his blocks better). I can see why the Pats might be interested in Portis, I doubt Buckhalter would do as well should this prove true.

Yeah, I've heard that the O line will be going to zone blocking, too. Perhaps Portis would make a good fit. But would he come here to share carries?

Yeah, I've heard that the O line will be going to zone blocking, too. Perhaps Portis would make a good fit. But would he come here to share carries?
Who knows what Clinton would do, he's got his cash, he might think a ring would be nice.

Sign me up, I would love this combo at RB.

15-20 carries each, renewed focus on the run game, both guys over 1000 yds., give Portis the goal line glory.

Where do I sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey