PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Injury Report: Wed 10/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
OK - I didn't see any posting about the injury report from wednesday, but it definitely could impact who the Pats activate.

New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston
Extra Points - New England Patriots News and Analysis - Boston.com

Did Not Participate
CB Darius Butler (ankle)
WR Julian Edelman (forearm)
OT Matt Light (knee)
RB Sammy Morris (knee)
RB Fred Taylor (ankle)

Limited Participation
G Stephen Neal (non-injury related)
S James Sanders (shoulder)
DB Shawn Springs (knee)

Full Participation :
Brady, J. Green, Kaczur, Mayo, Moss, Welker, Wilfork

We all knew about Light, Morris, Taylor and Edelman, but the surprise is Butler. His not practicing with an ankle injury is one less player to potentially run back kicks. With the likelihood of Welker, Faulk and Maroney running them back, that doesn't leave many options and would favor Tate being activated over Nunn, though both could be activated if the pats feel that they can go another week without LaVoir.

Putting someone on the roster today means that they have to expect him to stay on the roster or expose him to waivers. They have only seen Tate for one walk through, no TC, zero practices. Might not be enough to activate when Maroney can do the KO returns and Faulk can handle punts against a winless TB team. OTOH, they need to have a 4th WR at some point. Depends how long Edelman will be out.

Neal seemed to have an injury in the TENN game. It is good to see that he is OK.

The status of the dfensive backs is somewhat concerning. We are fine starting Bodden, Wilhite, Meriweather and McGowan.

Who are our nickel and dime backs with Butler, Springs and Sanders all injured? We shouldn't be counting on Chung for pass coverage. That leaves Wheatley as our nickel and leaving a linebacker in as the dime if all three of defensive backs on the Injury Report are out. Obviously, at least one will likely be active and playing a bit dinged up.

and would favor Tate being activated over Nunn, though both could be activated if the pats feel that they can go another week without LaVoir.

Speaking of which, consider this interview with Nunn:

Pats locker room - Extra Points - Boston.com

Pay careful attention to the last question and answer-

Media: "Have you ever been to London?"
Nunn: "No, it's going to be new to me, I've never been that far."

Even though Nunn does not confirm he is going to London (when a direct question was asked of him), he still said something that could be construed as a slip.

Even though Nunn does not confirm he is going to London (when a direct question was asked of him), he still said something that could be construed as a slip.

I would imagine that a good number of players go on these types of trips, maybe even including practice squad. If a couple of players get sick or come up lame on Sunday, it isn't like you can quickly get a replacement the same day. With the Pats short on receivers, Nunn may go even if the "plan" is not to promote him for the game.

They'll probably bring players that won't suit given the fact the game is across the pond. It's not like they're playing the Jets and if a receiver wakes up with a 103 temp they can put somebody on the shuttle to JFK. So he could be going to London and not on the game day roster.

It wouldn't surprise me if everyone healthy enough to travel, even guys like Edelman who definitely will be out, go. How often does a trip like this come around?

Putting someone on the roster today means that they have to expect him to stay on the roster or expose him to waivers. They have only seen Tate for one walk through, no TC, zero practices. Might not be enough to activate when Maroney can do the KO returns and Faulk can handle punts against a winless TB team. OTOH, they need to have a 4th WR at some point. Depends how long Edelman will be out.

Mack - The Pats only have 3 RBs on the roster. It would be fallacy to expose Faulk and Maroney to the extra potential for injury by playing them on the return teams. And, just because Tampa is 0-6, doesn't mean they aren't going to show up to play.

BTW, Tate was practicing as of Tuesday. So they've seen him for a walk-through and a practice. Not to mention that he's been studying film with Moss and Welker the entire time. So, while he may not produce in the passing game, he, most certainly, could produce in the return game if he shows the Pats enough during the practices.

WTF happened with Butler??
He was missing again today. Maybe it's legit, maybe it's to do with the death of his buddy at UConn. Regardless, we have enough CB to get through this week's scrimmage and we should be in good shape for 11/8.

Wheatley could use a few reps in an actual game.

He was missing again today. Maybe it's legit, maybe it's to do with the death of his buddy at UConn. Regardless, we have enough CB to get through this week's scrimmage and we should be in good shape for 11/8.

Wheatley could use a few reps in an actual game.
He did OK in the Atlanta game. Bodden, Wilhite, Springs and Wheatley will be fine to take on the likes of Clayton, Straughter and a gimpy kneed Bryant.

Butler really doesnt concern me, I like his play but Springs and Bodden have had good moments as well. He only started last game so I dont see us losing much if anything.

Not to mention the TB recievers dont scare me at all.

Last edited:
That's the beauty of a deep secondary. It would be a bummer if it's a legit nagging ankle injury. I'd hate to halt the kid's production.

Hmm.. according to the report, its an ankle injury.. Other than that, only the Pats know.

Hope it's not too pesky. Doesn't seem to be since none of us noticed it prior to this report coming out.

Butler really doesnt concern me, I like his play but Springs and Bodden have had good moments as well. He only started last game so I dont see us losing much if anything.

Not to mention the TB recievers dont scare me at all.

Me neither, I think we'll be fine this week.

But I was hoping to see Butler starting regularly sooner than later. This could hurt that.

He did OK in the Atlanta game. Bodden, Wilhite, Springs and Wheatley will be fine to take on the likes of Clayton, Straughter and a gimpy kneed Bryant.
Yeah, I agree. I think Kellen Winslow may be there number one threat at this point, so perhaps the Pats will use McGowan on him in a defense somewhat similar to what was used against Atlanta.

Everyone is going.

Chris Forsberg (ESPNForsberg) on Twitter

all players traveling to London, including all practice squad.

Butler was in the locker room for Media visits AFTER practice, according to somebody on Twitter, either Rappaport or Forsberg (why can't these guys have names like "Smith" or "Green"?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes