PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Inactives: Thomas, Taylor, Light, Sanders, Galloway, Wheatley, Brace, Ohrnberger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats Inactives: Thomas, Taylor, Light, Sanders, Galloway, Wheatley, Brace, Ohrnbe

Light officially out. Seabass is gonna get his first start. Let's see what you got rook!

Re: Inactives today

This cinches it.. Galloway is gone.

With Sanders out, do we see extended time for Chung in the dime?
I'd say this says Galloway still has a chance - cutting him doesn't save any money as he's vested. Now, keeping him does give you someone to cut if you need a roster slot (if Tate or LeVoir were to be activated), but if he's practicing it also means he could be working through his issues with Tommy. It's not a good situation for him, but I don't think it's the death bell until he's actually cut.

It has nothing to do with the rain. If you keep a player, especially a WR, inactive for 3 games in a row.. any chance at developing game timing, rapport, and being on the same page, is long gone.

i dont know it can be justified that galloway is inactive because he isnt needed in the rain.right now they want aiken instead of galloway ,whatever the weather so that says as much. if galloway cant play in this weather then wht abot dec/jan?

Re: Pats Inactives: Thomas, Taylor, Light, Sanders, Galloway, Wheatley, Brace, Ohrnbe

I would be very very surprised to find out the Thomas is out due to his play. While maybe not spectacular I still do not believe he deserves the bashing he has gotten this week. I do not see a replacement better then him.

There must be something else here that we do not know

He was on the injury report last week as something not injury related. As was Moss.

No Adalius???? WTF. That can't be good.
I've seen were he might be dealing with a critical family situation - if he needs time for that I'm good and I'm glad Bill is too.

So the big free-agent bonanza signing we gave a multi-million dollar contract to in 07, ends up being a healthy inactive....money well spent!

It has nothing to do with the rain. If you keep a player, especially a WR, inactive for 3 games in a row.. any chance at developing game timing, rapport, and being on the same page, is long gone.
Actually it's more the wind and absolutely it DOES make a difference..no need for a 5th WR in rain wind...NOT a passing type game...and it doesn't matter IF the 3 CBs are down..the long ball is going nowhere in the wind..Will he go to London?? If he does..I bet he will play...but..it just doesn't suit it for this type of game...

This is really surprising, hopefully some info comes out soon...looks like Seau will have a few more reps now.

AD - not practicing last week - not injury related... personal reasons perhaps ? Before his injury last year, he was lighting it up - flinging Favre around like a ragdoll with someone on him !

Grrr... that upsets me much more than Galloway.

With Sanders out, do we see extended time for Chung in the dime?

I doubt it. Sanders was out last week and Chung didn't get a single rep.

I don't get why they wouldn't give Galloway another shot. Aiken doesn't show me anything.

I'd say this says Galloway still has a chance - cutting him doesn't save any money as he's vested. Now, keeping him does give you someone to cut if you need a roster slot (if Tate or LeVoir were to be activated), but if he's practicing it also means he could be working through his issues with Tommy. It's not a good situation for him, but I don't think it's the death bell until he's actually cut.

Understood but they may be saving him for until after the trading deadline expires whereupon they cut him, whereupon he must be claimed off waivers. That is my reasoning.

Call me stupid, I haven't been paying much attention to the Pats in the last week. But, is Seau playing?

I've seen were he might be dealing with a critical family situation - if he needs time for that I'm good and I'm glad Bill is too.

That would be the most reasonable and acceptable conclusion, as I did hear something a wk or so ago. If that's the case then I'd have to surely agree with you, we just don't know what's going on. If it is an ill parent or family member etc, then it certainly comes way before the game of football of course.

Thanks Box, this could be it maybe.

Actually it's more the wind and absolutely it DOES make a difference..no need for a 5th WR in rain wind...NOT a passing type game...and it doesn't matter IF the 3 CBs are down..the long ball is going nowhere in the wind..Will he go to London?? If he does..I bet he will play...but..it just doesn't suit it for this type of game...

My argument is not the point that he's out for this particular game, it's that he's been out of 3 games in a row.

There is no way you hold an active player out three games in a row because you're allowing him to get out of game shape, and lose his sense of timing.

So the big free-agent bonanza signing we gave a multi-million dollar contract to in 07, ends up being a healthy inactive....money well spent!

Even if it is due to a family situation???

Call me stupid, I haven't been paying much attention to the Pats in the last week. But, is Seau playing?

:wha: what happened to you ?

Yeah that's what it seemed like to me...as for Joey I think hes still got a chance and won't be cut unless someone is activated off the pup but remember that is a three week window :)

Last edited:

:wha: what happened to you ?

Studying for exams. When you're trying to get into the Ivy League, that makes the decision 50-50 and school somehow won. So is Seau playing?

Studying for exams. When you're trying to get into the Ivy League, that makes the decision 50-50 and school somehow won. So is Seau playing?

Is he inactive?

I would think so since hes active and Thomas is not playing....in what role well we will have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes