PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Inactives: Jackson, Hawkins, Mills, Woods, Mruc, Kaczur, Hill, Sullivan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh oh, I think its time to hand the ball to the running game right away.

at some level this is funny...the whole media and fan lot talk about jackson and how he wanted to throw and catch balls with brady before the jet game and and how was good last game etc etc ...and next game he is inactive right before the start of the game...

Watson needs to have a big game or at least Caldwell and Gabriel need to get more then 2 catches each.

patsox23 said:
I DON'T WANT CJ playing on a rainy, slick, muddy field so close to having missed a TON of time with hamstring issues. Let's win it without him and hope Gabriel steps up.
There we go, now someone is thinking with both brain cells engaged - I asked Chris Price if he could get on the field to see how slick it was, so my fellow double brain celler, I salute you! :rocker:

Remix 6 said:
WTF CHAD Jax! i hate u BB
Why would you even say something like that? Somehow I don't think Belichick had much to do with CJ's hamstring being hurt.

Alk said:
Why would you even say something like that? Somehow I don't think Belichick had much to do with CJ's hamstring being hurt.
Did too, he's a low kicker for foot to fanny skills...:eek:

Box_O_Rocks said:
There we go, now someone is thinking with both brain cells engaged - I asked Chris Price if he could get on the field to see how slick it was, so my fellow double brain celler, I salute you! :rocker:
as per reiss's blog
"Rain is pelting down on the Gillette Stadium field as a handful of players are loosening up. The potentially slippery conditions will be one factor to keep an eye on as the game progresses."

SVN said:
as per reiss's blog
"Rain is pelting down on the Gillette Stadium field as a handful of players are loosening up. The potentially slippery conditions will be one factor to keep an eye on as the game progresses."

We need Jackson for the duration of the season. If we use him sparingly early on to preserve his health so be it. It might be why Hawkins is out of the game too. He has a thigh injury.

Damn, what a shame, I was really really looking forward to CJ in action again. Oh well. Doug Gabriel will step up.

To quote someone we all know...

it is what it is :)

So can we safely assume that there was no setback and this is merely precautionary?

pats1 said:
LOLB - Colvin
ILB - Vrabel
ILB - Bruschi
ROLB - Banta-Cain

ILB - Seau
ILB - Izzo
ILB - Davis
ILB - Alexander

I think you got the depth chart wrong. If the Pats open in a 3-4, I think the starters will be:

OLB Vrabel
ILB Bruschi
ILB Seau
OLB Colvin

OLB Banta-Cain
ILB Davis
ILB Alexander
ILB Izzo

Why? This is our best run stopping lineup and the key to playing Denver is to control the running game.

rookBoston said:
I think you got the depth chart wrong. If the Pats open in a 3-4, I think the starters will be:

OLB Vrabel
ILB Bruschi
ILB Seau
OLB Colvin

OLB Banta-Cain
ILB Davis
ILB Alexander
ILB Izzo

Why? This is our best run stopping lineup and the key to playing Denver is to control the running game.

Ironically, I just updated it to exactly what you have there about 30 seconds before you posted.

BradyManny2344 said:
So can we safely assume that there was no setback and this is merely precautionary?
Cross your fingers and think positive thoughts - this is just a precaution!

patsox23 said:
I DON'T WANT CJ playing on a rainy, slick, muddy field so close to having missed a TON of time with hamstring issues. Let's win it without him and hope Gabriel steps up.

Good point.

pats1 said:
And also - as I just said - there ARE NO official inactives in the PRESEASON. Reiss had to base that off who he saw on the field.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for him to make that same mistake in the REGULAR SEASON.

The inactives go from BELICHICK to Stacey James to the media.

Simple as that.

Chad Jackson IS NOT playing tonight. It's not the end of the world. HE'S INJURED.

Good grief.

Thanks Pats1. It's appreciated.

So I can come in off this ledge now?:D

Last edited:
Box_O_Rocks said:
Cross your fingers and think positive thoughts - this is just a precaution!

Yup - I'm banking on it b/c he practiced all week.

Besides, if he had had a setback, Belichick would've come out and told everyone, am I right? :D

RayClay said:
Thanks Pats1. It's appreciated.

So I can come in off this ledge now?:D
Get back on that ledge - this is no time to jinx the club with excessive safety.

Digger44 said:
CJ is frustrating.

How about fragile.

It's Denver. All hands on deck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back