PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats in a hurry to fix pass rush decline

Status
Not open for further replies.
no problem at all
============
By the way when I reread my response it sounded pretty bonbastic and belligerent toward your comments. Wasn't meant that way, I was just getting into it with the topic. No hard feelings I hope.[/QUOTE]

Hey...Blabba Wrecks can change his name to B.B.,...for bombast and belligerence...and then try to confuse the Pats signals...

Everyone is ready to watch the awesome pass-rush from Banta-Cain, Ninkovich, Burgess and Cunningham (and Crable or Woods). Where would we rate this group compared to other AFC teams?

We have seen literally dozens of posts discussing Belichick's philosophy of not have major weaknesses at positions. No matter how I spin it, I still see 2-3 JAGs and a couple of wannabees at OLB.

Perhaps Banta-Cain is more than a JAG; perhaps he is an average OLB in this league. I wonder how many teams he would start for. Of course, he is our #1 pass-rusher.

Banta Cain had a great season. Burgess got going late in the season, hopefully he can continue on from there. We don't know what Cunningham is going to do in the NFL yet. Crable is in the same situation but hopefully one of him or Cunningham works out. Ninkovich could still be anything.

There is no way we can compare them to other teams as there is a lot of unknowns on our end. You like the rest of us just has no clue what Cunningham and Crable will be like and Ninkovich has been a project which might work out for us and again you just don't have any idea what he will bring to the table this year. There is no way to even take an educated guess without inside knowledge.

But seriously reading your posts lately, whats with the rubbish comments like suggesting TBC might be a jag after the season he just had?

While there are hopes for Cunningham, TBC and the rest of that crew.. have wondered from the onset if the increase in talent in the D backfield and MLB will translate into less "other" responsiblities for the pass rush, and let them focus on what they do best??

In the past we have had piecemeal backfields, last year Mayo was hurt and there were some let downs in the middle.. as both of these components on paper are that much better, will the pass rush improve in this team sport.

Last edited:
I agree that the improvments in the secondary and at ILB (especially a healthy Mayo) will make the mediocre talent at OLB look and perform much better.

While there are hopes for Cunningham, TBC and the rest of that crew.. have wondered from the onset if the increase in talent in the D backfield and MLB will translate into less "other" responsiblities for the pass rush, and let them focus on what they do best??

In the past we have had piecemeal backfields, last year Mayo was hurt and there were some let downs in the middle.. as both of these components on paper are that much better, will the pass rush improve in this team sport.

no problem at all
============
By the way when I reread my response it sounded pretty bonbastic and belligerent toward your comments. Wasn't meant that way, I was just getting into it with the topic. No hard feelings I hope.
[/QUOTE]

I love bombast. Need more bombast 'round here. Gimme some passion, boyz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes