PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats hold late private workout for Baylor WR Kendall Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Kind of a not so common private workout just days before the draft.

If Kendall Wright did everything 'right' in that private workout then it might end the streak of no WRs drafted in the first round for the Pats.

However Wright might be gone when the Jets go to pick because they need a WR opposite Holmes...if Wright gets to 27 then he might be hard to pass up.

Last edited:
Wright made RG3 look a lot better than he really is IMO

Wright would be an excellent fit for our offense. credit to Sciz, he called Wright as a possible pick a couple of days ago.

Kind of a not so common private workout just days before the draft.

If Kendall Wright did everything 'right' in that private workout then it might end the streak of no WRs drafted in the first round for the Pats.

However Wright might be gone when the Jets go to pick because they need a WR opposite Holmes...if Wright gets to 27 then he might be hard to pass up.

If the Jets draft anything other than an OL in the first, they are insane.

I was wondering what people thought about that. Who made who look better? They are both first round talents. BB could be thinking Wright is the better player, but then it could be smoke screen as well.

I was wondering what people thought about that. Who made who look better? They are both first round talents. BB could be thinking Wright is the better player, but then it could be smoke screen as well.
Kendall Wright 5'-10", 196 lbs, 4.61 sec 40 yard at the 2012 NFL Combine. No thanks.

Wide receiver Ryan Broyles from Oklahoma ran faster at his Pro Day and Ryan Broyles is still recovering from ACL surgery.

Kendall Wright 5'-10", 196 lbs, 4.61 sec 40 yard at the 2012 NFL Combine. No thanks.

Wide receiver Ryan Broyles from Oklahoma ran faster at his Pro Day and Ryan Broyles is still recovering from ACL surgery.

So you think that Wright is slow, but with RG3's mobility to keep the play going maybe it helped him get separation?

So you think that Wright is slow, but with RG3's mobility to keep the play going maybe it helped him get separation?
With such a deep draft at wide receiver, why select a wide receiver in the first round (Kendall Wright) when a wide receiver of comparable talent (Ryan Broyles) will be available in the third or fourth round?

ProFootballWeekly.com - Baylor 'triplets': Smoke and mirrors?

More concerning to teams than the tape was how few bench-press reps Wright performed at his pro day, after electing not to participate in the bench-press test at the NFL Scouting Combine. He registered a mere four reps, which would have stood as the worst of the Combine, three fewer than Virginia CB Chase Minnifield.

Even more worrisome than his lack of strength was his 16 percent body fat, one of the highest percentages for a receiver in the past decade and indicative of a lack of discipline. The average Bod Pod test for a receiver is in the single digits.

If you think that 4.61 is at all an indication of his speed on the field, then you're crazy.

Wright would be an excellent fit for our offense. credit to Sciz, he called Wright as a possible pick a couple of days ago.

Or using it to get info on other Baylor players they might be interested in (other than RG3 obviously), ala taking Tebow for dinner in the North end and then drafting Cunningham, Spikes and Hernandez...

Last edited:
If you think that 4.61 is at all an indication of his speed on the field, then you're crazy.

He ran a faster time at his Pro-day. I love when stupid people dismiss on the field speed because of the 40s that players run in their underwear 1 or 2 times.

Or using it to get info on other Baylor players they might be interested in (other than RG3 obviously), ala taking Tebow for dinner in the North end and then drafting Cunningham, Spikes and Hernandez...

I think it's more likely their ears picked up at stories of Wright falling and decided to get him in and see what he's about just in case he does.

Pathetic excuse.

I love Ryan Broyles but no-one should dismiss Kendall Wright. The tape shows how good he is. You have a reasonable point about the relative value favouring Broyles however.

No chance. The home run threat of RG3s legs caused a lot of defenders to cheat to the run. Similar thing happened in 2010 with Michigan and Denard Robinson. I know Robinson's home run threat helped his arm out but these two prospects are not comparable.

Just look at the guys mechanics. They're all there!

The more I watch Wright I just don't see him as a fit here...not sure why....I just don't think I want any part of him or any WR really before the 3rd round.

I love Ryan Broyles but no-one should dismiss Kendall Wright. The tape shows how good he is. You have a reasonable point about the relative value favouring Broyles however.
That's exactly my point: relative VALUE

In addition, Ryan Broyles was also an accomplished punt returner in college.

I'd rather expend a first round draft pick on a defensive player and a third and/or fourth round draft pick on wide receiver(s) in a deep wide receiver class.

This is awesome news. Take him at #27 if he's there!!

He ran a faster time at his Pro-day. I love when stupid people dismiss on the field speed because of the 40s that players run in their underwear 1 or 2 times.
Agreed, I believe Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 forty as well.

I think it was Casserely for what its worth, but he thinks Wright can't play on the outside and will only be effective as a slot WR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back