PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats HOFers; today and future

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWorldChamps

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Looking at the HOF site... Pats only are 3/0 (first number is a guy who mainly played for the pats/second # is a guy who played part of a HOF career for pats)

How do you think the future will look?

Brady 1/0
Dillon 0/1
Seymour 1/0
Harrison 0/1
#4 1/0
Martin 0/1
That brings us to 6/3

think anyone else?
#54? Willie? Branch someday? Law? Bledsoe? gotta think a 4th ring would help some of these guys...

Last edited:
Dillon probably won't, only because his yardage numbers with the Bengals weren't as spectacular as they could have been had he played on an actually respectable team, and stats are the number one determinate. Brady, of course. Vinatieri, won't be first ballot because it's tough for special teamers to get in, but he might make it eventually (and should). Seymour is only 26, ask again in a few years. Rodney might, but he'd be a bubble guy, as would Law. Martin will make it.

Who's the third Patriots current HOFer besides Hannah and Haynes?

BB and Tom are a lock, Maybe Adam and Sey. Possibly Ty Law. I love how the NFL HOF does not make you choose a team to go in under, like baseball does!

What about GINO???? If anyone deserves to be in the HOF it is him! Total team player and poster child for this organization!

I know it won't happen, but I wish Troy Brown would be chosen. To me, he epitomizes not only everything the Pats stand for, but everything the NFL wants to be known for. He's a true team player, a hard-working and modest individual, and has demonstrated competence in all three phases of the game.

PatsWorldChamps said:
Looking at the HOF site... Pats only are 3/0 (first number is a guy who mainly played for the pats/second # is a guy who played part of a HOF career for pats)

How do you think the future will look?

Brady 1/0
Dillon 0/1
Seymour 1/0
Harrison 0/1
#4 1/0
Martin 0/1
That brings us to 6/3

think anyone else?
#54? Willie? Branch someday? Law? Bledsoe? gotta think a 4th ring would help some of these guys...

I dont think your 3/0 is correct.
The only primarily Patriot in the Hall is Hannah.
Haynes was a part-time Patriot, who IMO left ugly.
Im not even sure who your #3 is?

Technically, I guess you could count Nick Buoniconti.

Belichick - Yes
Brady - Yes
Seymour - Most likely
Vinatieri - Maybe
Law - Maybe

No one else has a reasonable shot at this point.

oldrover said:
Technically, I guess you could count Nick Buoniconti.

Yup, he is the other, but clearly not primarily a Pat.

You guys really think Bruschi won't make it.

Big Plays. Big games. That's what it's all about, isn't it?

For that reason I think Big Willie will make it as well as Tedy.

Of course I could just be delusional.

363839 said:
You guys really think Bruschi won't make it.

Big Plays. Big games. That's what it's all about, isn't it?

For that reason I think Big Willie will make it as well as Tedy.

Of course I could just be delusional.

I think by about 2011, when some of the dynasty guys become eligible, there is going to be a large amount of support for guys who epitomized the dynasty. Bruschi and McG will have a fistful of rings, and may end up getting in on that, because they will be the first wave of eligible guys. Dynasties tend to get players in for their contribution to winning over their individual accomplishments.

BB and TB already have their bust made, no doubt.

Cory will need a couple more Superbowls where he performs well to go with a couple more productive seasons and he might have a shot.

The only thing that will keep Harrison from going is politics.

Seymore will need a few more seasons, a few more pro bowls maybe another SB or 2.

Going back to DIllon I forgot he had the single game rushing record before Holmes and Lewis, didn't he? All right. He only needs another SB and/or a couple
more 1600-1800 yard seasons

363839 said:
BB and TB already have their bust made, no doubt.

Cory will need a couple more Superbowls where he performs well to go with a couple more productive seasons and he might have a shot.

The only thing that will keep Harrison from going is politics.

Seymore will need a few more seasons, a few more pro bowls maybe another SB or 2.

Going back to DIllon I forgot he had the single game rushing record before Holmes and Lewis, didn't he? All right. He only needs another SB and/or a couple
more 1600-1800 yard seasons

For Dillon it will come down to numbers. He has a chance to vault up the list and have very impressive numbers, but he will have to stay good into a late age for a RB.

AndyJohnson said:
Yup, he is the other, but clearly not primarily a Pat.
the HOF counted him as a primary pat

As far as players, it begins and ends with Brady. I don't think any of the others have a reasonable shot at this point.

Dillon is less than 5000 yards behind Barry Sanders who is #3 all time.
He could get there or close if he stays a number 1 RB for 4 more years.
At that point he would be 35.
I'd say he needs 2 more very good years, and a couple fo servicable one, and the numbers will make him a lock.

Is Curtis Martin a lock if he retires tomorrow? Dillon is only about 3500 yards behind him.

AndyJohnson said:
For Dillon it will come down to numbers. He has a chance to vault up the list and have very impressive numbers, but he will have to stay good into a late age for a RB.

1700 yards would put him in the top ten all time rushers.... i gotta think that gets him in

Last edited:
AndyJohnson said:
Dillon is less than 5000 yards behind Barry Sanders who is #3 all time.
He could get there or close if he stays a number 1 RB for 4 more years.
At that point he would be 35.
I'd say he needs 2 more very good years, and a couple fo servicable one, and the numbers will make him a lock.

Is Curtis Martin a lock if he retires tomorrow? Dillon is only about 3500 yards behind him.

martin is a lock; 4th all time

PatsWorldChamps said:
1700 yards would put him in the top ten all time rushers.... i gotta think that gets him in

But that would NOT have him in the top 10 by the time he is eligible. (How many baseball players had what should have been enough HRs to get in before the steroid/live ball explosiion made their numbers less attractive 5 years later? )

Top 10 is what, about 12,100? Martin is 14+, Sanders 15+.

I think it needs to be 14,000 to ensure he gets in. Thats 3500 to go, and certainly in sight.

huskeralk said:
As far as players, it begins and ends with Brady. I don't think any of the others have a reasonable shot at this point.

reasonable shot? AV, rodney, dillon, and seymour have more than a reasonable shot

how about bledsoe? he could end up in 4th all time yardage

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye