PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats have signed OL Henry Tellis

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralmat55

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I did a quick search and discovered he went to Troy State and was with the Jets in 2005(training camp cut? practice squad?). He was signed to a 2 year contract which in the past has indicated a signing bonus was involved(i.e. Randall Gay and Mike Wright).

This hasn't been reported by anyone that I've seen. I only stumbled on it because I was on the NFLPA website looking at Matt Light's listed salaries trying to figure out how the 30% rule would work(no luck there).

They actually didn't.

I checked KFFL after falling into the same trap, and he actually signed with the New York Giants in January to a futures contract.

I can see how the problem on the website would arise (New York / New England) . It was an team number/name input error.

http://www.kffl.com/player/12135/NFL

But where did you get the info it was a 2-year deal. His page doesn't have salary info listed yet, just a first-year rookie tender of $235 k on the roster/search results page.

Last edited:
Actually I am not at all sure what the deal is...He is listed on the NFLPA web site as a NE player...but is allocated to NFLE per Giants....although he is NOT on the Giants roster in any capacity...Very odd, but I think he might be a Patriot..usually the NFLPA site is accurate...A bit odd though...clarification needed.

I'm still thinking somebody mixed up New York with New England.

http://www.nfleurope.com/teams/rosters/AMS

No Player Pos Height Weight Birthdate School Acquired

76 Tellis, Henry T 6-6/1.99 315/142 12/15/80 Troy NFLDraft-13/Giants

KEY TO 'HOW ACQUIRED' COLUMN: NFL - allocated and assigned by NFLEL office; NFL Draft-1 - shows round selected in NFL Allocation Draft; FA Draft-1 - shows round selected in Free Agent Draft; FA-2006 - undrafted free agent; Nat/country - national player and home country; NFL D-11/Team/Protected - shows draft pick used to protect veteran allocated player; Tr - traded from (former NFLEL team in parenthesis).

Last edited:
I think it MAY be a NFLPA mistake...the Giants sent 13 to NFLE and none are listed on the roster so?? I am thinking that a mistake..BUT??? Clarification needed...still....Looks like a big bok end tackle..

I've found 10 sites that say Tellis was signed by the Giants and have the confirmation he was allocated to NFLE by them.

There is only NFLpa.org showing Tellis with the Patriots, and the whole New/New thing seems HIGHLY probable.

Hell, we're fretting over a 1st year, future contract signing. Nothing big at all.

Mike Reiss - if you're reading this - is there any confirmation you can get?

Last edited:
FWIW - Tellis shows up now on the NFLPA site as a Giant.

Just when you actuall thought that they did something, it turns out to be wrong.

What a disappiontment. Would have really loved to have had this guy , sho ever he was. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back