PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats have a chance to lead NFL in fewest points allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
With two weeks to go the Pats have allowed 232 points, the Colts 231 and TB 218. The Steelers defense has surrendered what seemed like an insurmountable lead down the stretch, and now stands at 242 with 1 game remaining.

If the Pats can somehow smother the underwhelming offenses of the doofins and giants, they have a chance to lead the NFL in most points scored and fewest points allowed in the same season. That feat has only been accomplished by 2 other teams since the merger in 1970: the 1972 Miami Dolphins and the 1996 GB Packers. Both won the SB.

Interesting that we're that close although TB and Pitt will probably beat us out. Still, it's impressive considering that defense is our "weak" side.

I think we can overtake the Colts her probably not TB, , I would love to see it though, this and a dominating run in the playoffs (think 85 Bears or a couple of the Niner teams) would seal the deal for this being the greatest single season in the History of the NFL.

Even more impressive when you consider the blowouts we've been in, and therefore, the type of defense they've been playing. I wonder how many of those points you can chalk up to the "second half prevent defense" points. Just look at the first Miami game.

And stats aside, literally every time this team has needed a stop defensively, they've gotten it. That's a pretty rare thing and certainly bodes well for the playoffs.

Oops, just started a thread on the same thing--mods, please delete and/or merge.

And I was so worried out our aging, slow linebackers, the subpar year of #93 and #94, along with our overall rush defense and our thin d backfield.. then it is ok to be happy again.. good post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back