PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Hall of Fame

Philskiw

Rookie
Reaction score
Maybe I'm not reading this right but why are they only voting one player in per year? Theres at least 10 that I can think of right now that should be in there. how can you pick between Tippet and Hannah? thats a tie far as I'm concerned cept the Tippet got screwed from the HOF voting part.

Philskiw

I guess they want to restrict the number of players inducted each year so it's harder to get in and therefore is more meaningful. Theoretically if you let everyone in that deserves to be, and then held elections every year after, you'd have years where there was nobody worthy of induction, or if you HAD to admit someone, you would be forced to lower the bar.

Hannah and Tippet are already in the hall. From Mike Reiss' blog here are the players already inducted:
OL Bruce Armstrong (1987-2000)
LB Nick Buoniconti (1962-68)
WR/K Gino Cappelletti (1960-70)
DE Bob Dee (1960-67)
QB Steve Grogan (1975-90)
OL John Hannah (1973-85)
CB Mike Haynes (1976-82)
DL Jim Lee Hunt (1960-71)
LB Steve Nelson (1974-87)
QB Babe Parilli (1961-67)
LB Andre Tippett (1982-93)

Personally, I am just happy that the team has sustained greatness long enough for this conversation to matter. The bar on induction should remain high. To this point in time we have only seen two Patriots get into the pro Football Hall of Fame, and one was only a Patriot for a portion of his career (Haynes). The fact that there will now be twelve Patriot Hall of Fame inductees, and only two former Patriots in the Pro Football Hall seems about right. If there were twenty four in the Teams hall and only 2 in the Pro Football Hall it would not seem like a very significant distinction to be a member of the New England Patriots Hall of Fame.

foxborofan

Last edited:
They should posthumously induct Daryl Stingley just out of character and courage.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back