PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Hall of Fame getting tough to get in (and Congrats to Troy Brown)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ty Law DOES NOT go into the Pats HOF. PERIOD.

You sir are smoking crack if you think not only that he gets in; but that he gets in in-front of Rodney.

Even Willie McG will eventually get more HOF love than mr 'i got to feed my family'.

Wow! Ty Law is the greatest Pats CB ever. Better than Haynes and better than Clayborn who is my second best CB for the Pats. Sounds like sour grapes here. He made some of the greatest plays in the history of the Pats. His playoff game against the Colts was one of the great individual performances we saw. He gave us momentum with his pick in SB36.

Willie should not be an afterthought. Another of the greatest Pats playmakers of all time ant the clubhouse leader of our dynasty.

Psst, pass the crack.

Good thoughtful post. For me, Willie is #1 then Tedy, Ty, Vrabel, Light, Harrison. I'm not sure Kevin, Milloy belong in there. Koppen maybe, Neal no.
Unfortunately, we are missing some of the old guys. Antwine should still be there. Clayborn, Leon Gray, we should have a veteran every year or other year in addition to the current crop.

Willie was here for a long time. But he wasn't always an impact player. He was a force in the locker room, but he wasn't really part of Bill's leadership core. He and Ty were never captains. Rodney always was unless he was coming back from IR. Rodney was also basically the defensive if not team spokesman for pretty much the entire time he was here. Kevin gets in because he was for a stretch the very best third down back in the game.

Hope they decide to show video of the ceremony, and not just snipets on Patriots Today. Sounds like it was packed and there were some great comments by teamates in person and on video. Lots of former teamates and players in attendance including Andruzzi and Pass. Did a panel session with Bledsoe, Bruschi, Law and Faulk joining Troy on stage. Recalled how for 7 wks in 94 he was w/o a job, worked at a Boys & Girls Club, was planning on going back to school - till Grier called him back to NE.

Some of what was tweeted:

Bruschi: "if there was just one special play to remember for Troy, we wouldn't be here today."

Robert Kraft: "Troy Brown didn't adhere to the Patriot Way. He defined it."

Steve Grogan: Troy "was a football player...he played the game the way it's supposed to be played....and not everybody is like that."

Tom Brady in Brown's tribute video: "If you look up Patriots in the dictionary, you see Troy Brown's face. I loved every down I played with him."

When asked by Zolak to wrap the events up, Troy hollered "We got Bingo!"

Gino was also honored before the ceremony and presented with a painting commenorating his years as the teams broadcaster. Jonathan reiterated that he should be in Canton. Bob Kraft announced that the final home game of the season will be dedicated to Gil and Gino.

Deion Branch was in attendance and said he was suprised to be cut, has been talking to other teams but nothing eminent, would come back if asked.

Fame is winning the Super Bowl...being an integral part of winning multiple Super Bowls,as well as a long career as a Patriot qualifies that player for the Patriots Hall Of Fame...there are many who fit that bill from 2003-4.

When I think of the Steelers from decades back I can name, off the top of my head, the players I know are in their HOF...Bradshaw,Franco, Lynn Swann, Stallworth,Ham,Lambert,Joe Greene, Mike Webster and Mel Blount...not only Pittsburgh's HOF but the NFL HOF too....

So let's not be so harshly critical of great Patriots players who played key parts in the Pats success...they SHOULD be rewarded.

Ty Law DOES NOT go into the Pats HOF. PERIOD.

You sir are smoking crack if you think not only that he gets in; but that he gets in in-front of Rodney.

Even Willie McG will eventually get more HOF love than mr 'i got to feed my family'.
Law was the true MVP of Super Bowl XXXVI, or maybe co-MVP with Otis Smith. He deserves to be in the HoF - both NE and NFL - and he will be.

Law was the true MVP of Super Bowl XXXVI, or maybe co-MVP with Otis Smith. He deserves to be in the HoF - both NE and NFL - and he will be.

I agree. The pick 6 against the Rams was the biggest play in the franchises history. I bet if Payton Manning was asked the one player who got the best of him over his career he'd name Ty Law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back