PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats/Giants to be simulcast on CBS and NBC [mergedx3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The government does a lot of favors for the NFL. This includes the Federal government (antitrust exemption). Kerry was within his rights to get political.

What's more, politicians are professional experts on public opinion. When they say something that purports to summarize public opinion about you -- and when you CARE about the public's opinion of you -- you should listen.

The government does a lot of favors for the NFL. This includes the Federal government (antitrust exemption). Kerry was within his rights to get political.
What's more, politicians are professional experts on public opinion. When they say something that purports to summarize public opinion about you -- and when you CARE about the public's opinion of you -- you should listen.

I seriously wonder if the Pats were 10-5 going into Saturday night if Kerry and the other moron Leahy would have exerted the same pressure on the NFLN. The only person Kerry cares about is Kerry

Last edited:
This won't be popular but nevertheless:

My heart bleeds for al the dumb clucks who object to spending a dime to get off their fat arses.

During the 1960's when there were not very many Patriots fans, the Pats games were always blacked out. And the tickets were in some dreary broken down stadium like Fenway, Braves field, Harvard or BC where the view was terrible.

But the useless slugs who sat on their fat duffs would watch the broadcast of the damn stupid Niew Yawk Futball Giants into the Boston area and thought they were football "fans". Every single game, every dreary losing week, home or away, for every stupid week of the season. The Packers might be contesting a game with the Colts or Browns for a title, but all we got were the 2-12 Giants and that was all the local doofuses wanted.

What was ultimately insulting was the sniff, sniff of haughty Giants fans, saying the AFL and the Patriots had to get a football before they would consider maybe following them. As if what the '60s Giants offered, bore any relationship to NFL pro football.

I bought tickets every year and gave up my Patriots season tickets in 1986 when I got transfered else where by my company, and have been buying Patriots games in the media, ever since 1986. First with a "Big Dish", (remember them?), then with Direct TV. I have absolutely no sympathy for the general complaints about not being able to see them. Direct TV offers a game by game package; or Sign up for a cable package for a week and then drop it. Or pay for an Internet broadcast; or listen to an Internet radio broadcast. I've done all before; you can do it if you want.

Perhaps worst of all I have to see sniveling fans want to congratulate that ultimate phony, and stumble bum John Kerry for any of this. His threats are just that. The idiot doesn't even know that ONLY baseball has the antitrust exemption, although all the pro leagues wish they did so, as well.

I totally agree. It's not like it isn't available. People are just mad because they are inconvenienced.

Re: NFL Network will simulcast Pats Giants game on CBS & NBC

So now the network whose programming isn't interesting enough to warrant broader distribution will have three and a half hours to toot it's programming horn via commentary, half time show and lead ins from break to a nearly captive national audience - and cable giants will get nada financially from the evenings events. I like it.

Best part is the guys Goodell docked three quarers of a million and a first round draft pick's team is gonna make the powers that be in football broadcasting a nice little bonus piece of change and cause a lot of disengnuous politicians to be patting themselves on the back. That's called creating goodwill capital you can spend later.

What a great deal!!!

Profootballtalk.com

NBC, CBS GOT PATS-GIANTS FOR FREE

Well, we've done some sleuthing regarding the NFL's decision to simulcast the Pats-Giants game on Saturday night. And a source with knowledge of the situation tells us that NBC and CBS are paying a whopping . . . nothing . . . for the rights to the game.

Plus, the networks get to sell their own commercials.

Wow.

"NBC is the exclusive carrier of prime time 'over the air' NFL football," the source said, "which means if the game was moving to an 'over the air' station it had to be NBC."

But since NBC already has a game for the week (Tennessee at Indianapolis), the Pats-Giants game was partially owned by CBS as well, since CBS would have aired the game on Sunday afternoon, given that the AFC team in the interconference contest is the visitor.

Said the source: "Both parties had to agree to a simulcast or agree not to do it."

Another source tells us that ESPN, which pays the NFL $1.1 billion per year for the rights to Monday Night Football, wasn't even included in the discussions -- which officially confirms the four-letter network's status as the NFL's biatch.

so they go from one unprecedented thing to another. watch it nowhere, watch it everywhere...

This is awesome! I'm definitely looking forward to watching this game. I'll even have a choice of which announcers I hate least to pick from. ;) Get your recorders ready, this game is one for the history books!

This is awesome! I'm definitely looking forward to watching this game. I'll even have a choice of which announcers I hate least to pick from. ;) Get your recorders ready, this game is one for the history books!

No you won't. It's a simulcast from the NFL network

The parties who I feel sorry for are Channel 5 in Boston and WWOR in New York who negotiated exclusive over the air rights before the season started. I can see them both having to return some commercial fees with the simulcasts. In addition, this whole thing smells like extortion. If I told my neighbor that if he did not cut my lawn, I would shoot his dog, I would be jailed for extortion. The congressional delegations saying show the game or your broadcast anti trust exemptions are going to be looked at is the same thing.

No you won't. It's a simulcast from the NFL network

Doh. So all that will be different is the commercials? Ah well, at least I get to watch it, I'll be grateful for that.

Re: According to ESPN News CBS/NBA to air Pats/Giants

The report said the game will be aired nationally.
OK, so why not the NHL? Or even MLB for cripe's sake?!?

Ladies,If you were hoping to watch this saturday night a tv show or a tv program other than the NFL game New York vs. New England , I guess it sucks to be you, because the game will be on NFL Network, CBS ,NBC, as well as the local ABC affiliates in Boston and Manchester, N.H., and WWOR in New York.

Sucks to be someone who doesn't realize that plenty of Pats fans are WOMEN! I had planned to watch the game one way or another, tyvm!

Sucks to be someone who doesn't realize that plenty of Pats fans are WOMEN! I had planned to watch the game one way or another, tyvm!

9780195167566.jpg

:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Back