PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats/Giants to be simulcast on CBS and NBC [mergedx3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NFL Network will simulcast Pats Giants game on CBS & NBC

Reiss has put this up:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/12/game_to_be_simu.html

Same as the Minneapolis blab.

Personally I think the NFL Network chickened out. I think they should have gone to the mattress on this one. It could be that they came to the realization that their product really isn't worth the extra money they want everyone to pay. Still, this is startling news, but welcome news for those who weren't going to get to see the game, my mom and sis in Springfield for example.

Bob G

A) For one doesn't feel spited.

B) Just because the Pats are that awesome.

Ah, does make sense actually. Forgot if one channel got it the other would be crying "What about me!?"

God this team is awesome. Making history in more ways than one. :rocker:

Re: Pats/Giants to be simulcast on CBS and NBC [merged]

They are sticking it to the cable companies now. I love it!

How is this sticking it to the cable companies? The NFL is letting them off the hook. The cable companies are the ones with the pissed off customers that were going to miss the game because of their inability to do a deal with NFLN. I can't believe NFLN caved on this.

Why on both NBC and CBS? o_O

Good question. Why is FOX left out?

I'm flabbergasted.
Happy for those fans who weren't going to get the game, but confused about the long term ramifications.

This is great news. Interesting how reps from both parties used political pressure to get the game broadcast nationally. Clearly, making the Pats available everywhere is in the national interest!

The NFL made some kind of deal behind the scenes with John Kerry, they are getting something out of this.

Watch him sponsor some legislation soon that sticks it to the cable companies.

Looks like that cable TV record from the Pats/Ravens games will be blown to bits.

CBS old schedule:

8-10: Good Night and Good Luck

10-11: 48 Hours Mystery

NBC old schedule:

8-10: Dateline NBC

10-11: Law and Order: SVU

They have the Super Bowl.

Good point.

If the NFL hasn't struck some kind of deal with TWC and the other cable holdouts, they need their heads examined, as they just threw away their biggest negotiating stick.

This is monumental-- can you imagine? I mean, our little team has caused such a stir they're getting tv time like the President!! We're bigger than the Beatles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! w00t

They have the Super Bowl.

No. It would have been a CBS game if it was a Sunday game and wasn't aired on the NFL Network. If it was on Sunday, NBC might have claimed it in the flex schedule. Fox had no claim on this game no matter when it aired.

Nickelodeon has just announced plans to broadcast the game as well.

Last edited:
Re: According to ESPN News CBS/NBA to air Pats/Giants

Although I am happy for all those Pats fans who weren't going to see the game who are now, I really hope it wasn't because of John Kerry. I thought Kerry really overstepped his authority as a senator on this one. I don't believe it is the US Government's right or responsibility to make sure that Pats fans throughout the country get to see the Pats play for 16-0. Him threating Congressional hearings if the NFL didn't make this game available to everyone reminds me of what is wrong with our government.

Congressmen and congresswomen should be focusing on real matters of the country and stop using their authority on silly things like this. Is Kerry going to tell us that there weren't real issues that affect people's livelihoods that he couldn't have spent this time dealing with?

I totally agree. Just because people whined.

Where was this fuss for the other NFL Network games?

If you really wanted to see the game you could go to a bar or get directv.

who thinks Kerry will be at the game?

Oh wow Channel 5 must be PISSED! LOL

Fuuuuck! Does this mean I'm gonna miss "Law and Order SVU?" ;)

Oh wow Channel 5 must be PISSED! LOL

According to Stacey James, there are more developments to follow. I wouldn't be surprised if that in the Boston area that only Channel 5 carries it.

The Good: Holy crap.

The Better: Everyone will realize how terrible Bryant Gumbel is and he'll be gone for next season.

will the networks get to use their own announcer crews?

No. It would have been a CBS game if it was a Sunday game and wasn't aired on the NFL Network. If it was on Sunday, NBC might have claimed it in the flex schedule. Fox had no claim on this game no matter when it aired.

I thought the Pats had already been maxed out on flex/night games no?

Good news for Maine fans:

Breaking News: The NFL has just announced the New England Patriots vs. New York Giants game will now be simulcast on CBS. That means fans in Maine will now be able to watch the Patriots try to finish the season at a perfect 16-0 Saturday night at 8:00 on WGME 13. Stay tuned for the latest details beginning tonight on Live at Five.

It will also be on Channel 6 and I imagine the stations serving northern Maine & NH.

The NFL is huge. Just think about this, we are getting similar treatment to the State of the Union Address.

and probably more viewers, LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes