PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats/Giants to be simulcast on CBS and NBC [mergedx3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats/Giants to be simulcast on CBS and NBC [mergedx2]

The breaking news box says Pats Giants game to be Simulcast on CBS and NBC.

I assume this is for the local market? Be weird for it to be on two channels.

Pats/Giants to be simulcast on CBS and NBC [merged]

NFL Network will simulcast Pats Giants game on CBS & NBC

wow.

Re: NFL Network will simulcast Pats Giants game on CBS & NBC

everywhere? reference?

Re: WEEI Reporting that CBS and NBC will air the Pats/Giants game

Damn, how? Cool if it's true. NFL Network should commit ritual suicide if this is legit.

Re: According to ESPN News CBS/NBA to air Pats/Giants

The report said the game will be aired nationally.

wow, your right.

apparently, it will be on all three channels, NFL network being the third, just wow.

Reported on ESPN... ..the game will air nationally on both NBC and CBS.

It is not unusual for me to the game on two channels. This is the case when it is on Channel 5 (Boston) and Channel 9 (Manchester) or when the game is on ESPN.

Apparently, this time there will be overkill. I will get the game on two Boston network stations, Channel 9 and NFLN.

BTW, this will be huge plus for NFLN.

so they go from one unprecedented thing to another. watch it nowhere, watch it everywhere...

Although I am happy for all those Pats fans who weren't going to see the game who are now, I really hope it wasn't because of John Kerry. I thought Kerry really overstepped his authority as a senator on this one. I don't believe it is the US Government's right or responsibility to make sure that Pats fans throughout the country get to see the Pats play for 16-0. Him threating Congressional hearings if the NFL didn't make this game available to everyone reminds me of what is wrong with our government.

Congressmen and congresswomen should be focusing on real matters of the country and stop using their authority on silly things like this. Is Kerry going to tell us that there weren't real issues that affect people's livelihoods that he couldn't have spent this time dealing with?

Does this mean that I'll be able to watch it on the local NBC or CBS affiliate in Philly? If so, then I'm very happy. I was resigned to missing this game.

Makes sense for the NFL, Patriots games have been getting HUGE ratings. It may hurt the chance of getting NFL Network on more cable companies but it'll bring in TONS of $$$.

Nothing on ESPN.com or NFL.com

Although I am happy for all those Pats fans who weren't going to see the game who are now, I really hope it wasn't because of John Kerry.
It's because it'll bring in TONS of advertising $$$ - Kerry will, no doubt, take credit for it though.

CBS, NBC to simulcast Patriots' attempt at 16-0

http://www.startribune.com/sports/12835912.html

The NFL has arranged with CBS and NBC for an unprecedented three-way national simulcast of the NFL Network telecast of Saturday night’s New England Patriots- New York Giants game when the Patriots will try to become the first NFL team to go 16-0 in a regular season.

smart move, make tons of money through ratings. make sure everyone sees it.

BTW, this will be huge plus for NFLN.

Well, it will expose the rest of the country to the ineptitudes of Bryant Gumble's play by play.

I'm not sure this is actually a huge plus. This could open the door for the NFL not being able to show any games exclusively on the NFL Network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back