PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats-Giants the first time around--Injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradfordPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
We all know that the Pats were missing the right side of the offensive line AND Kyle Brady during the first match up. The Pats were also missing Kyle Eckel and Willie Andrews, two key special teamers who may have had an impact on the kick off return for td.

The Giants were only missing Bradshaw as a player who could have had an impact on the game.

Another advantage to the Pats, should there not be any injuries in practice over the next two weeks, as all of the above are healthy.

Honestly, I think the biggest advantage for the Pats in this game is going to be the nice climate. If our offense put up 38pts on them in a very cold, windy hostile environment, what kind of numbers are a ticked-off Brady and Moss going to put up in beautiful Arizona. They will be in the 40's no question about it against that weak Giant secondary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I think the biggest advantage for the Pats in this game is going to be the nice climate. If our offense put up 38pts on them in a very cold, windy hostile environment, what kind of numbers are a ticked-off Brady and Moss going to put up in beautiful Arizona. They will be in the 40's no question about it against that weak Giant secondary.

The weather since December has been a factor, but the weather was absolutely NOT a factor that night. It was a little cold but NOT windy at all.

We all know that the Pats were missing the right side of the offensive line AND Kyle Brady during the first match up. The Pats were also missing Kyle Eckel and Willie Andrews, two key special teamers who may have had an impact on the kick off return for td.

The Giants were only missing Bradshaw as a player who could have had an impact on the game.

Another advantage to the Pats, should there not be any injuries in practice over the next two weeks, as all of the above are healthy.

I totally forgot about that. I love it! You're right.

Jacobs was nursing, they lost their center in game, and Madison was injured on the play prior to Moss TD. So, I think the Giants were missing some key players at crucial points, don't you?

Jacobs was nursing, they lost their center in game, and Madison was injured on the play prior to Moss TD. So, I think the Giants were missing some key players at crucial points, don't you?

Sure. However, Jacobs played, and played well. Madison missed part of the final quarter. The players I mentioned were out for the entire game. Just an observation.

Sure. However, Jacobs played, and played well. Madison missed part of the final quarter. The players I mentioned were out for the entire game. Just an observation.

What about last season, as it wound down, how so many Pats players were on the sidelines near the end? Is that different?

On a side note, what do you think about Shockey being out? It appears as though it has actually helped the G-Men. Boss has fille in nicely, and he does not have the attitude that Shockey brings.

Boy, he and Tiki ought to start their own team. They could get:

TO
CJ
LT

Who else?

More important is that the Giants weren't playing with Ahmad Bradshaw, an important part of their postseason success. I think they are a much more balanced offense with Jacobs and Bradshaw then they are with Jacobs and Droughns.

Our offense played well, putting up 38 points. I don't know how much the return of Neal, Kaczur, and Brady et al is going to improve that. On the flip side, our defense wasn't really missing anyone and now the Giants have a stronger 1-2 running punch. It's something it consider.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots