Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pats get pick 91, not 92

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by sebman2112, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sebman2112

sebman2112 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Bengals used their third round pick in the '06 supplemental draft on Ahmad Brooks, which means they loose their '07 third rounder. This will bump everyone who was behind them up one spot.

Find the info here:
    http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

I really don't know why I forgot about this, since I already knew taking a player in the supplemental means you'll loose that pick in next years draft, and I knew the Bengals took Brooks in the supplemental.....
  2. cstjohn17

cstjohn17 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +39 / 11 / -4

#54 Jersey

The Bengals got a good player with that pick, Ahmad Brooks. He has his baggage but I think he will be a very solid pro. Our roster would look good if he was our SILB. If he becomes half the player he was touted to be, a 3rd round pick is a steal.

http://football.about.com/od/playerprofiles/p/ahmadbrooks.htm

Colvin, Wood
    Brooks
    Bruschi
    Thomas, Vrabel
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2007
  3. sebman2112

sebman2112 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I wanted the Patriots to take him in the sup draft, but everyone thought the Bengals would, and their pick was higher. I didn't think he would get in trouble again so fast, but that probably had more to do with the culture in Cincy, than anything.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2007
  4. cstjohn17

cstjohn17 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +39 / 11 / -4

#54 Jersey

I think the Pats could have had him if they gave up their 3rd, the supplemental draft was based on the 2005 standings (2006 draft order). The Pats picked at 21 and the Bengals picked at 24).

I don't think he has been in trouble since becoming a pro. He was run out of Virginia in college and had some injuries but was rated higher than AJ Hawk before the 2005 college season.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.