PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats get CB Aqib Talib from the Bucs !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible move. a second round pick on a CB is the only way to go!:rolleyes:

Good pick up but I still think the problem is scheme, not personnel. Perhaps Talib can overcome that.

Very nice upgrade.

Moving-animated-picture-of-monkey-giving-thumbs-up-sign.gif

98.5 is announcing it right now. What the Patriots gave up has not been announced.

Now we have to deal with people screaming about his character and his current suspension for "Adderall".

Well he is of questionable character, have been arrested a couple of times for some serious stuff too.

98.5 is announcing it right now. What the Patriots gave up has not been announced.

Now we have to deal with people screaming about his character and his current suspension for "Adderall".

To be fair Deus, they are massive concerns. The kid's a walking rap-sheet and headache.

Huge talent, which I think we'll be able to keep on the straight and narrow, but the concerns are real.

Hopefully he can stay out of trouble. Talib/Dennard at corner with McCourty staying at safety has potential to improve the pass defense a lot.

Which ends Monday. And his contract for the rest of the year is $871K. So if he screws up he can be cut easily.

Does it matter that the Pats are on bye? It's a 4 game suspension, not a 4 week suspension.

Great pick up. Kid can play football. Hopefully he walks the straight and narrow.

Hopefully he can stay out of trouble. Talib/Dennard at corner with McCourty staying at safety has potential to improve the pass defense a lot.

McCourty isn't staying at safety, he's only there because both Chung and Gregory are out.

Talib trade = Pats superbowl bound?

Not trying to jump too far ahead but we all know just how weak this secondary has looked pretty much every game, so with a top level corner who's still young and who will no doubt improve this secondary drastically this surely puts us in pole position to come out the AFC because the rest of the roster apart from safety looks pretty stacked.

To be fair Deus, they are massive concerns. The kid's a walking rap-sheet and headache.

Huge talent, which I think we'll be able to keep on the straight and narrow, but the concerns are real.

I don't disagree with a word you wrote. I just don't look forward to a repeat of the "Moss is Evil, BB sold his soul!" stuff from 2007.

Normally I wouldn't like trading mid-season for such a character red-flag type, but our secondary is so bad that I don't even mind. In the unlikely event that he manages to get his **** together, he could be a major asset for the Pats.

WOW:eek:
I wonder if Schiano tried to talk BB out of a trade this time as well.

It is always exciting to make a splash in free agency or via trades, and high risk acquisitions often fall flat on their face but I REALLY hope this works out.

I don't disagree with a word you wrote. I just don't look forward to a repeat of the "Moss is Evil, BB sold his soul!" stuff from 2007.

I for one credit Kraft's new GF for this move

Re: Talib trade = Pats superbowl bound?

Talib is a good player but he's also inconsistent and has had well documented problems off-field.

As I've said before, I still think that the problems in our secondary are scheme-based, rather than the personnel.

He's just one guy out of eleven.

So....

S McCourty
S Wilson/Chung/Gregory
CB Talib
CB Dennard
$.05 Arrington

or

S Chung
S Wilson/Gregory
CB Talib
CB McCourty
$.05 Arrington/Dennard

He has one game left to sit out/ available 4NOV. Some jabber about his needing a while
to come up to speed (no Pun) on the PATS complex zone D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes