PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Games in HD on DirecTV

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I didn't read the entire thread, so I presumed you had DirecTV.
I do have DirecTV. My DirecTV doesn't have local networks in HD (at least, not that I know of). Nor does it have NESN HD (at least not that I know of). It does have ESPN HD (channel 73) and it also has all the NFL Superfan games in HD (channels in the 700s). But whever I want to watch a local station or NESN in HD, I use Comcast.

I do have DirecTV. My DirecTV doesn't have local networks in HD (at least, not that I know of). Nor does it have NESN HD (at least not that I know of). It does have ESPN HD (channel 73) and it also has all the NFL Superfan games in HD (channels in the 700s). But whever I want to watch a local station or NESN in HD, I use Comcast.

QuiGon -
Next time you are home, go to the guide and go to Channel 4. It SHOULD have 2 different listings for Channels 4,5,7 and 25 if they have an HD broadcast.

QuiGon -
Next time you are home, go to the guide and go to Channel 4. It SHOULD have 2 different listings for Channels 4,5,7 and 25 if they have an HD broadcast.
No such luck... next time I have some free time, I'll call DirecTV and look into it... fact is that since I also have Comcast, I just ain't keeping up with the goings-on in DirecTV HD.

QuiGon -

The ability to catch the local channels in HD requires an updated dish (which they will install for free) and new boxes.

That is probably what the problem is for him.

if you live in the boston market or 75 miles outside of boston market you will not get the game on superfan it will be on locals channels..this used to piss me off.it will be in hd as most games on cbs are in hd.

Again, I don't understand why you would bother with Comcast unless the Boston Channels are broadcasting in HD. If you get the local channels package from DirecTV and have the DirecTV HD package (which it sounds like you do), then you get the local channels IN HD as long as the local channels broadcast in HD.

In other words, I think you can save yourself about $40 a month by dumping Comcast and just going with the local channels package from DirecTV. Unless there is another reason why you have Comcast.
If you're trying to save money, the Comcast basic HD package is under $15/mo, and gives you all the network games in HD, which if you're local, means all the Pats games. I would have DirectTV because of my location (long clear view to the south) and I personally hate the lack of reliability of cable, but I can't beat the price.

The ability to catch the local channels in HD requires an updated dish (which they will install for free) and new boxes.

That is probably what the problem is for him.
That sounds logical... my dish was already on my house when I moved in 2 years ago... sooner or later, I'll work up the initiative to go through all the hassle of getting the newer equipment.

if you live in the boston market or 75 miles outside of boston market you will not get the game on superfan it will be on locals channels..this used to piss me off.it will be in hd as most games on cbs are in hd.
They changed that last year. I was able to get the Patriots HD on Superfan in 2006 but I couldn't in 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes