PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Free Agent Possibilities & Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mainefan said:
Ok guys, I've been looking over the available free agents and have found eight that interest me:

Job Putzier (would be a great replacement for Fauria)
Julian Peterson
Jamie Sharper
De Shea Townsend
John Runyon
Jason Fabini
Mack Strong
Keshawn Johnson

What do you think? Which of these guys could help us?
Putzier was a starter all last season for Denver who would want to go from starter to 3rd string and take a third of the cash?
Sharper- no just no
Townsend- is a guy who needs to be in a system that highlights his skills effectively if he were in more of a free style system with a sort of play the game yourself type he would not be in football, he's worth a look and has already paid a visit to Foxboro i believe
Runyan-is a great RT for run blocking, a mamoth at 330+lbs. but his pass protection needs working a bit. Dante should be able to help him out a bit. Pats are believed to be interested.
Fabini- is the better option that Runyan and not only is younger but a better pass protector too, also has seen interest from the Pats
Strong- we would never use, people under value Patrick Pass
K-Johnson-probably wants to much money.

SeanBruschi54 said:
Putzier was a starter all last season for Denver who would want to go from starter to 3rd string and take a third of the cash?
Sharper- no just no
Townsend- is a guy who needs to be in a system that highlights his skills effectively if he were in more of a free style system with a sort of play the game yourself type he would not be in football, he's worth a look and has already paid a visit to Foxboro i believe
Runyan-is a great RT for run blocking, a mamoth at 330+lbs. but his pass protection needs working a bit. Dante should be able to help him out a bit. Pats are believed to be interested.
Fabini- is the better option that Runyan and not only is younger but a better pass protector too, also has seen interest from the Pats
Strong- we would never use, people under value Patrick Pass
K-Johnson-probably wants to much money.
I'd take Runyan if he'd move inside and let Kaczur protect the edge. I'm out of date on Sharper, what is your thinking?

Has anyone seen Hart Lee Dykes around?:eek:

re

Guys, here is a list of all free agents this year. There are a LOT of players:
http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?null

Maybe one of us will notice a name that has been overlooked so far.

I imagine the Pats would end up signing relatively unknown players because they would be cheaper. Any player who has any kind of name recognition will have multiple suitors and will require a little extra to get them to sign.

Last edited:
Box_O_Rocks said:
I'd take Runyan if he'd move inside and let Kaczur protect the edge. I'm out of date on Sharper, what is your thinking?
Runyan cant play Guard. If you remember when he was with the Eagles they had him at guard and he was a mess, penalties for false starts and holding like it was raining yellow. He became solid at Tackle but pass blocking became his downfall either way.

Sharper was dead last year. Nothing to give to a Super Bowl team Seattle thats why hes a FA. Its going to be his tenth year and he looks on the verge of backup ST's player.

SeanBruschi54 said:
Runyan cant play Guard. If you remember when he was with the Eagles they had him at guard and he was a mess, penalties for false starts and holding like it was raining yellow. He became solid at Tackle but pass blocking became his downfall either way.

Sharper was dead last year. Nothing to give to a Super Bowl team Seattle thats why hes a FA. Its going to be his tenth year and he looks on the verge of backup ST's player.
Thankee kindly!

maverick4 said:
Guys, here is a list of all free agents this year. There are a LOT of players:
http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?null

Maybe one of us will notice a name that has been overlooked so far.

I imagine the Pats would end up signing relatively unknown players because they would be cheaper. Any player who has any kind of name recognition will have multiple suitors and will require a little extra to get them to sign.

Jerry Azumah might be worth the look for a nickle dime player.

Still love Mark Campbell and Jed Weaver for the third TE spot both would be superb ST/Blockers.

Tim Carter could be a diamond in the rough. So could Antonio Chatman.
Andre Dyson was a hot commodity last season and was released this offseason im not sure what happened there though.

I can see a ton of guys but this takes a lot of time and energy.

re

elephant said:
Running Back-
Wide Receiver-
Offensive Line-RT, RG
Linebackers-ILB
Cornerbacks-
Safety-

Here's who I found interesting on ESPN's free agent list:

Running Back - Michael Bennet, Tony Fisher, Maurice Morris, JR Redmond
Wide Receiver - Tim Carter, Tim Dwight, Quincy Morgan, Peerless Price, Josh Reed
Offensive Line - Ron Stone, Jason Fabini, Damion McIntosh, Jon Runyan, Rex Tucker
Linebackers - Sam Cowart, Warrick Holdman, Jamie Winborn, Chris Claiborne, Orlando Ruff, Brandon Short.
Cornerbacks - Roderick Hood, Jimmy Williams, Andre Dyson, Will Allen, Jamar Fletcher
Safety - Tank Williams, Lance Schulters, Tebucky Jones, Marcus Coleman,

I generally tried to list young players under 30, but I also included old guys who might come cheap. I realized I wasn't very knowledgeable on players in certain positions (like offensive linemen), and I also found that aside from statistics, it was hard for me to figure out which players might be a good fit for the Pats' system (which made it hard to identify a potential Mike Vrabel, for example).

I'd take Peterson, and one of his agents is suspended I think. He MIGHT be able to come here and work something out. But I think we'll be OK without him, and I think it's highly unlikely we go after him. Let us not forget, Vrabel is a better OLB than Willie Mac. Yes, he did play a position before he moved inside folks.

I really want Tank Williams, and I REALLY want a WR now. I think BB, being close to Johnson, may bery well be able to work something out with him.

re

Peterson is young and great; kind of like when Colvin was a free agent. I hate that the Postons represent him, but maybe something can be worked out. I read he's visiting Miami though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back