PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats finally get respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

blitz71burgh

Banned
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/060109

This column will start and end with the New England Patriots because it's the only respectful thing to do.

As you might have heard, Tom Brady claims the Patriots don't get enough respect. And I wholeheartedly agree. I mean, come on -- all the magazine covers, TV commercials, awards and constant media love the team has received over the past four years have been woefully inadequate.

That's why I want to share with you 12 simple steps I take each and every day to make sure I adequately show respect to Tom Brady and the Patriots. I hope you will incorporate them into your own daily schedule. (And it's 12 steps, of course, out of respect for Mr. Brady's uniform number.)

Twelve Ways You Can Better Respect Tom Brady and the Patriots
1. Genuflect whenever you say, read or hear the number 12. (That's four genuflections already this column. So do it. Do it! You don't want to disrespect Tom Brady, do you?! That's better.)

All hail our hero, Tom Brady.
2. Refer to the current year as "Year 47," not 2006, as history did not truly begin until the Patriots organization was founded in 1960.

3. Take a life-size cardboard cutout of a New England Patriots player with you wherever you go. And be sure to include it in all of your conversations so it doesn't feel left out. It will speak back to you when you are worthy.

4. Shave clean every day. It is disrespectful of you to think you can pull off the sexy stubble look as well as Tom Brady.

5. After lovemaking, apologize to your partner for not being Tom Brady.

6. Boycott network television until every commercial features at least one member of the Patriots.

7. Petition the NFL to have all of Tom Brady's fumbles over his career stricken from the official league record book because of the tuck rule.

8. Never call it a "butt chin." It's a cleft chin. And know that gazing deep into Tom Brady's reveals the secrets of life.

9. Refuse to attend religious services until your local church/synagogue/mosque acknowledges the Patriots' playbook as a holy book on par with any other.

10. Have all of Bridget Moynahan's movies playing on a continuous loop on every television in your home. But never ever gawk or leer at her in a lustful manner. Tom Brady knows and sees all, and you will pay for such a transgression.

11. Every time you come across a baby goat, give it a long and passionate hug. Tom Brady would expect nothing less.

12. (Genuflect.) And finally, just to be safe, begin every sentence -- no matter what it's about -- with: "No disrespect to the Patriots intended, but …"

Bout damn time!

I almost got mad at that article, then realized the irony of that emotion. ;)

My faves:

I do that all the time anyway!

11. Every time you come across a baby goat, give it a long and passionate hug. Tom Brady would expect nothing less.

This one made me chuckle. I'm sure Matt Light liked that one too.

:D

Ruspek.
Poster_4605.jpg

blitz71burgh said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/060109

This column will start and end with the New England Patriots because it's the only respectful thing to do.

As you might have heard, Tom Brady claims the Patriots don't get enough respect. And I wholeheartedly agree. I mean, come on -- all the magazine covers, TV commercials, awards and constant media love the team has received over the past four years have been woefully inadequate.

That's why I want to share with you 12 simple steps I take each and every day to make sure I adequately show respect to Tom Brady and the Patriots. I hope you will incorporate them into your own daily schedule. (And it's 12 steps, of course, out of respect for Mr. Brady's uniform number.)

Twelve Ways You Can Better Respect Tom Brady and the Patriots
1. Genuflect whenever you say, read or hear the number 12. (That's four genuflections already this column. So do it. Do it! You don't want to disrespect Tom Brady, do you?! That's better.)

All hail our hero, Tom Brady.
2. Refer to the current year as "Year 47," not 2006, as history did not truly begin until the Patriots organization was founded in 1960.

3. Take a life-size cardboard cutout of a New England Patriots player with you wherever you go. And be sure to include it in all of your conversations so it doesn't feel left out. It will speak back to you when you are worthy.

4. Shave clean every day. It is disrespectful of you to think you can pull off the sexy stubble look as well as Tom Brady.

6. Boycott network television until every commercial features at least one member of the Patriots.

7. Petition the NFL to have all of Tom Brady's fumbles over his career stricken from the official league record book because of the tuck rule.

8. Never call it a "butt chin." It's a cleft chin. And know that gazing deep into Tom Brady's reveals the secrets of life.

9. Refuse to attend religious services until your local church/synagogue/mosque acknowledges the Patriots' playbook as a holy book on par with any other.

10. Have all of Bridget Moynahan's movies playing on a continuous loop on every television in your home. But never ever gawk or leer at her in a lustful manner. Tom Brady knows and sees all, and you will pay for such a transgression.

12. (Genuflect.) And finally, just to be safe, begin every sentence -- no matter what it's about -- with: "No disrespect to the Patriots intended, but …"

Is this supposed to be a joke?

Because these are REALLY good ideas!

This reminds me of the site that does the "Random Facts about Chuck Norris, Mr. T, and Vin Diesel."

I assume everyone knows what I'm talking about....but in case they dont....

http://www.4q.cc/chuck/

This ***ho1e picks Denver 30 - Patriots 20

Makeing a joke about how the Patriots being disrepected and then picking aginst them is so lame that I'm pi$$ed I read that crap article. This isn't even a good joke about respect and is actually the kind of disrespect were seeing occure more and more. I wasn't at all supprized to see it on ESPN.com.

And you never had respect? Us Broncos will never get any attention or respect until we beat Indy...in the regular season or playoffs. Because I guess the pre-season doesn't mean anything when the starters play 3 quarters.

Last edited:
I don't care if this is a joke or not. But this had some funny stuff

3.Take a life-size cardboard cutout of a New England Patriots player with you wherever you go. And be sure to include it in all of your conversations so it doesn't feel left out. It will speak back to you when you are worthy.

Patriots need to quit complaining about respect

all i hear on ESPN and sport channels is the Patriots blah blah and blah
in my opinion they get respect

Denver is the least Respected team in the NFL and thats a fact

Rod_Smith80 said:

No, I think the Houston Texans wear that crown now.

FloridaPatsFan said:
No, I think the Houston Texans wear that crown now.

what exactly have the texans done to get respect?

Rod_Smith80 said:

:blahblah:

ten characters

Flying Fungi said:
:blahblah:

ten characters

ok it might be my opinion that new england gets respect

but its a fact that Denver is the least respected team in the NFL

Rod_Smith80 said:
ok it might be my opinion that new england gets respect

but its a fact that Denver is the least respected team in the NFL

You must mean the least respected good team, or least respected team still in the playoffs. I mean, there's poor New Orleans, and Buffalo, Houston, SF, and on and on. One thing that does get a team more respect, and not saying it's right, is star power. Denver hasn't had a superstar player since Elway, have they?

Fanfrom1960 said:
You must mean the least respected good team, or least respected team still in the playoffs. I mean, there's poor New Orleans, and Buffalo, Houston, SF, and on and on. One thing that does get a team more respect, and not saying it's right, is star power. Denver hasn't had a superstar player since Elway, have they?
Champ Bailey is a superstar player

but honestly

when do you ever hear ANYTHING about Denver besides chris bermans 1 min highlights

no one knows what the broncos are about

i swear i doubt anyone even knows what our record is

Hourston and San Fransisco got more coverage for their Reggie Bush loser bowl then the Broncos have gotten all year

i mean seriously
when people look at the playoffs their like

Denver? how in the hell? whats their record
dont they still have Brian Greise at QB and Terrel Davis at RB

also another thing about Patriot Respect

they didnt earn their respect this year

even though they won the SB's in the past they havent done anything special this year at all

Last edited:
Rod_Smith80 said:

*ROFLMAO*

Hmm.. I can remember the year after Denver won 2 straight and Elway having retired. I can remember people saying all year that you have to watch out for Denver. That didn't happen this year with the Patriots. This year, when the pats were 4-4, most of the pundits were writing them off. Denver was being touted very well all year after their good start.

DaBruinz said:
*ROFLMAO*

Hmm.. I can remember the year after Denver won 2 straight and Elway having retired. I can remember people saying all year that you have to watch out for Denver. That didn't happen this year with the Patriots. This year, when the pats were 4-4, most of the pundits were writing them off. Denver was being touted very well all year after their good start.

and i bet their easy as hell practice 2nd half schedule helped the Pats barley make the Playoffs

who have the Pats beaten this year?

they defeated 2 teams with winning records all year

Denver has a schedule 10x harder than yours

also we have the hardest division in the NFL

i think your best rush defense the last 5 weeks doesnt prove anything

i bet Denver would have the best run Defense the last 5 weeks if we played the Jets twice and the Bills

You guys dont need respect and dont deserve it but yet
i still respect you guys

i know im crazy

you remember how everyone was saying how stupid the Broncos were for picking up the Browns D-Line?

Drafting 3 straight CB's in the draft and Maurice Clarret

everyone saying wtf is Shanny doing? he's definently lost it

we lose 34-10 to Miami

we were written off after week 1

Last edited:
Rod_Smith80 said:
Champ Bailey is a superstar player

What is he, a boxer or something? Middleweight? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes