PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats file complaint against the Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
SVN said:
i may be in the minority here but i wish the pats had just ignored polian and his antics...we dont want to be like him...

They're not being like him, they're making fun of him, and making fun of the league for listening to him.

dhamz said:
There was a much better Polian interview from Mike and the Mad Dog when the Colts were 12-0 last year. He said they were going to rest players and avoid injuries because injuries had cost them every playoff game during the Manning era and then broke it down - "We were missing Mathis against the Pats" " a LB was hurt against the Jets", etc. The Mad Dog went crazy on him - "Bill, you got blown out in those games. 1 LB caused you to lose 41-0? A pass rusher is the reason you got 3 points in NE?" It was classic.

Polian's interview respone now? He constantly mumbles "We got Booger . . . we're better with Booger!"

Last edited:
SVN said:
i may be in the minority here but i wish the pats had just ignored polian and his antics...we dont want to be like him...

I am with you, nothing is more tiresome than Mr. Important Captain of the world Polian. He is an annoying jerk who mugs for the camera every chance he can get (reminds me of Archie Manning...)

But IMO the Pats should stay away from this stuff. It comes off as petty and classsless. I wish they would stop being so cute and focus on football. The last time they did something this dumb was when they told Branch to go seek a trade, it ended up costing them their best WR and putting the passing attack behind the 8 ball.

What would the FO do if a player did something to tweak an opponent before a game? I don't think they would be too happy.

dhamz said:
There was a much better Polian interview from Mike and the Mad Dog when the Colts were 12-0 last year. He said they were going to rest players and avoid injuries because injuries had cost them every playoff game during the Manning era and then broke it down - "We were missing Mathis against the Pats" " a LB was hurt against the Jets", etc. The Mad Dog went crazy on him - "Bill, you got blown out in those games. 1 LB caused you to lose 41-0? A pass rusher is the reason you got 3 points in NE?" It was classic.

It's no wonder the dolts are the way they are--it all starts at the top. This is why (well part of the reason) that PM can't interact well and can't place blame correctly--he's been getting ballwashed by his own team--pretty sad! If your own GM can't step into the real world and admit the problems, then you have no chance of fixing them. I guess the dolts will continue living in fantasy land!

cstjohn17 said:
I am with you, nothing is more tiresome than Mr. Important Captain of the world Polian. He is an annoying jerk who mugs for the camera every chance he can get (reminds me of Archie Manning...)

But IMO the Pats should stay away from this stuff. It comes off as petty and classsless. I wish they would stop being so cute and focus on football. The last time they did something this dumb was when they told Branch to go seek a trade, it ended up costing them their best WR and putting the passing attack behind the 8 ball.

What would the FO do if a player did something to tweak an opponent before a game? I don't think they would be too happy.

Wow. That is all I can say. WOW. How is it petty and classless them looking out for the well-being of their employees?

As for your comments about the Branch situation, I think you missed some things. Like the fact that Branch turned down every offer the Pats sent him without even bothering to send a counter offer. The Patriots did what was best for them. They got rid of a player who clearly thought he was better than Seymour and Brady and felt he deserved to be treated better than they were. To say that it was a dumb move to tell Branch to go seek atrade and put the blame ALL on the Patriots is sheer ignorance.

Also, its pretty ignorant to say that how the Pats handled the Branch situation was petty and classless.

SVN said:

Look at it this way. Polian and the Colts are Alpha Betas. The Patriots are the Tri-Lams. Polian has had the ear of Dean Ulich (the NFL Commissioner's office) and has done everything he can (rule changes, complaints, etc) to make it so the Tri-Lams can't succeed. Yet, at every turn, the Tri-Lams are one step ahead and succeeding and looking like heroes for doing so.

Or, in another sense, Polian is the School bully and the Patriots are the team he likes to beat up on. Now, the Patriots, when Polian wasn't paying attention, have basically tied his shoe laces together and are just waiting for him to trip and make a fool of himself.

DaBruinz said:
Wow. That is all I can say. WOW. How is it petty and classless them looking out for the well-being of their employees?

Ya right, this has anything to do with them worried about their employees. It's a bit funny. It's a bit out of character, you don't normally think this is something that the Pats would do. It's a ratings pumper/talker written by NBC for an NBC game.

workhorse said:
Ya right, this has anything to do with them worried about their employees. It's a bit funny. It's a bit out of character, you don't normally think this is something that the Pats would do. It's a ratings pumper/talker written by NBC for an NBC game.

You're right, this has little to do with the employees. But it's A LOT funny.

DaBruinz said:

As for your comments about the Branch situation, I think you missed some things. Like the fact that Branch turned down every offer the Pats sent him without even bothering to send a counter offer. The Patriots did what was best for them. They got rid of a player who clearly thought he was better than Seymour and Brady and felt he deserved to be treated better than they were. To say that it was a dumb move to tell Branch to go seek atrade and put the blame ALL on the Patriots is sheer ignorance.

Also, its pretty ignorant to say that how the Pats handled the Branch situation was petty and classless.

Come off it it. Honestly, really honestly, step away from the Kool-aid and tell the truth. Do you think the Patriot's consider Polian a threat to the safety of their employees?

or maybe, just maybe, they did it to tweak him, which is fine the guy is a jerk.

So it was a good idea to let Branch go seek a trade?
they gave up a lot of leverage when then let him set his own value on the market. I didn't say the blame was all the Patriots but it was unneccessary to let him seek a trade, They could have let him rot on the bench for 10 weeks. Enough Branch talk please.

IMO the move to file a complaint against Polian is a self-created distraction. I would rather have the Patriots thinking about football than any of this nonsense.

Last edited:
cstjohn17 said:
IMO the move to file a complaint against Polian is a self-created distraction. I would rather have the Patriots thinking about football than any of this nonsense.

yes because now the patriots aren't thinking about football. All the player and coaches are sitting around thinking about this complaint. :rolleyes:

cstjohn17 said:
Come off it it. Honestly, really honestly, step away from the Kool-aid and tell the truth. Do you think the Patriot's consider Polian a threat to the safety of their employees?

or maybe, just maybe, they did it to tweak him, which is fine the guy is a jerk.

So it was a good idea to let Branch go seek a trade?
they gave up a lot of leverage when then let him set his own value on the market. I didn't say the blame was all the Patriots but it was unneccessary to let him seek a trade, They could have let him rot on the bench for 10 weeks. Enough Branch talk please.

Oh no, regarding Branch, I'm not letting you off the hook that easily.

In both your posts re: Branch here, you conveniently forget to include that the Patriots actually got some compensation in return. Pretty dam GOOD compensation, if you ask me.

What they received was certainly better than what you espoused above - - "They could have let him rot on the bench for 10 weeks."

This is why their FO is the best in ANY sport.

emoney_33 said:
yes because now the patriots aren't thinking about football. All the player and coaches are sitting around thinking about this complaint. :rolleyes:

The point is it was unneccessary and self created and makes the Patriots look like a bunch of whiny little babies. Up to now the title of whiny babies had been reserved exclusively for the Colts which is where it belongs.

cstjohn17 said:
The point is it was unneccessary and self created and makes the Patriots look like a bunch of whiny little babies. Up to now the title of whiny babies had been reserved exclusively for the Colts which is where it belongs.

Maybe they look that way to you, but I think it makes them look like comedic geniuses. The Colts complain through the FO about their stadium turf and have it replaced before they get to town.

The Pats turn around and make a huge joke at Polian's expense using the FO as it's means of delivery. It's stupendous. I think their tongue is planted firmly in cheek. It's brilliantly hilarious.

cstjohn17 said:

I'm sorry, but no, it doesn't. I really have no idea what you're definition of a "whiny little baby" is but it's got to be pretty off-base if you think the Pats and Colts are at ALL comparable becasue of this. I suggest you seek out and acquaint yourself with a sense of humor....you might sound less constipated.

Last edited:
Bella*chick said:
I'm sorry, but no, it doesn't. I really have no idea what you're definition of a "whiny little baby" is but it's got to be pretty off-base if you think the Pats and Colts are at ALL comparable becasue of this. I suggest you seek out and acquaint yourself with a sense of humor....you might sound less constipated.

"whiny little baby" = somone who complains about something for no reason

Just an opinion, point made, god forbid anyone who second guesses the "Kings of Comedy" aka the New England Patriots. I am going to get some Ex-lax and get ready for some football.

Bella*chick said:
I suggest you seek out and acquaint yourself with a sense of humor....you might sound less constipated.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :eat1:

Reiss updates the situation:

"Belichick was asked about a report on NBCsports.com that the Patriots have spoken with the NFL about protecting their employees when Colts president Bill Polian comes to town on Nov. 5. Belichick smiled, then said spokesman Stacey James would handle that line of questioning. The NBCsports.com report indicated that the Patriots were likely tweaking the Colts, as Polian was believed to have spoken with the league about the condition of the Gillette Stadium playing field. Polian reportedly had a run-in with a Jets employee at a game in New York on Oct. 1."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2006/10/bills_take_41.html

:D Right on BellaChick!

Everybody thinks the Pats are so boring and conservative, but the reality is that BB is a rebel and likes to cause a little trouble (within the rules, of course.) I am all for it!

For those who don't think it's funny -- how does this differ from taking the tires off someone's car or filling a car full of packing peanuts? Everyone seem to think that was a laugh riot.

shmessy said:
Oh no, regarding Branch, I'm not letting you off the hook that easily.

In both your posts re: Branch here, you conveniently forget to include that the Patriots actually got some compensation in return. Pretty dam GOOD compensation, if you ask me.

What they received was certainly better than what you espoused above - - "They could have let him rot on the bench for 10 weeks."

This is why their FO is the best in ANY sport.

Ok, I guess I am not off the hook. If possible lets agree to disagree.

IMO the Patriots are not as strong of a team without Branch. If the Pats did nothing, they would have Branch back in 4 weeks and would be in a better position to compete for a championship. Had both sides been able to reach a suitable contract the Patriots would be a better team this year and in future years. By letting him go out and set the market they lost some leverage, and did very well to get a first round pick. The FO is excellent but not perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back